• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

What type of audio are you using (analog or spdif)? I sometimes get those dropouts when using spdif, but not with analog. I won't have AVP2 anytime soon to test since Netflix is sucking butt these days and not buying enough copies, but I did see this problem with Enchanted. Didn't matter which audio track I played either.

Analog. I have never had issues like that except Ratatouille. Another user at avs has the same problem.

tested last night Power8 and I found that the AERO remains inactive. That means that EVR does not work. It still in overlay.

Another thing I installs Power8 with power7.3.3314a, I need to push the gamma in the driver at a high level to get light and a contrast correct, while the level of gamma is quite normal for power7.

Does someone have the same problem? How to solve it?

I play with Nvidia 9600GT.......:confused:

Analog. I have never had issues like that except Ratatouille. Another user at avs has the same problem.

Was it me? Cause Ratatouille is pretty much the only disc with consistent audio gaps exactly at the same points, throughout the movie (not bad enough to be annoying though), and even with different audio tracks. Thing is I tried it on TotalMedia Theater trial, and it was pretty much perfect. I've yet to try it on PowerDVD 8, but I'm not hopeful.

Was it me? Cause Ratatouille is pretty much the only disc with consistent audio gaps exactly at the same points, throughout the movie (not bad enough to be annoying though), and even with different audio tracks. Thing is I tried it on TotalMedia Theater trial, and it was pretty much perfect. I've yet to try it on PowerDVD 8, but I'm not hopeful.
You're not the only one: on all versions of PowerDVD 7 and 8, I have exactly the same problems only with that title.

And I find them frustrating as well...:mad:

You're not the only one: on all versions of PowerDVD 7 and 8, I have exactly the same problems only with that title.

And I find them frustrating as well...:mad:

I didn't think I was the only one. I thought it was me and Rathbone:D I think I'm the one who made kind of a bigger deal about this (i.e. b1tched louder) at the PowerDVD thread at avsforum than others, and I was just slipping by that it doesn't happen to me with TMT. So I guess it doesn't work with 8. It probably is their decoders, but what's weird is that it happens to me with all languages, including the DD ones. This should be happening in the post-processing, but I can't figure out why the same gaps would happen at exactly the same times with different audio tracks. Maybe the video track has something to do with this.

Last edited:
serious technical issues with the software

My ongoing quest to acquire PDVD8 as a free upgrade has been further delayed.

Seems what you guys are using is seriously broken. Or maybe it just works a bit too well with HD-DVDs.

-----
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra free upgrade.

In response to your concern, we regret to inform you that the free upgrade software link release has been postponed and would be released on 30th April'08.

It has been done due to detection of some serious technical issues with the software to be released.

Therefore, we again request you to wait till 30th April to get the free upgrade to PoweDVD 8 Ultra.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you so far.

For an immediate response, please get back to us on the following mentioned link:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

I bought the upgrade and got it working for HD DVDs using the 7.3 filter trick.
I do not know were to get the files for adding true support.

Anyway, the image quality appears the same as 7.3 (Vista32 ATI 3650) but the sound quality is much better. Better than TMT as well (analog out via X-FI Prelude).

- Rich

You're going to have to wait a week and a half?! You've got to be kidding. These Cyberlink guys really know how to kick ass on schedules, don't they? I wonder if they'll finally fix the Across the Universe issues. And yea, they'll probably break the HD DVD hacks. That'll suck if they do. I wonder what other technical issues they've found? What a nightmare. Fortunately it all seems to be working well for me and my movies so far.

Was it me? Cause Ratatouille is pretty much the only disc with consistent audio gaps exactly at the same points, throughout the movie (not bad enough to be annoying though), and even with different audio tracks.
The reason for that is the "seamless" branching used on that disc. Seamless branching sucks to begin with and is poorly implemented in PowerDVD (not buffering ahead enough) to make matters worse.
You will have this problem with all seamless branching BRDs (e. g. Blade Runner disc three), also with some dual-layer BRDs at the layer-break point.

S.

In Vista, Where do they store BD info?

I have a disc, Waterhorse, that played perfectly initially but yesterday it had a problem under PDVD 8 and locks-up PDVD8 now. I know it use to store disc info somewhere and I think it must have screwed up something.
Other BD's play fine.

Can someone tell where to look in Vista so I can delete and get it to rewrite info so it will again play??

PDVD 7.3 plays it fine but audio is lacking.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Rew

C:\Users\samuri\Documents\CyberLink\LocalStorage\DefaultMember

Change it to your username, obviously, but, that's where it's stored.

C:\Users\samuri\Documents\CyberLink\LocalStorage\DefaultMember

Change it to your username, obviously, but, that's where it's stored.

Thanks very much!
I took a look and am not sure what to remove; ther are 3 movies listed any ideas as to what is safe to remove? Can I delete them all?
I cannot see any movie ID or title which looks right?

Thanks
Rew

Thanks very much!
I took a look and am not sure what to remove; ther are 3 movies listed any ideas as to what is safe to remove? Can I delete them all?

Thanks
Rew

Yea, it's just metadata as far as I know. Delete them all.

Thanks very much!

Thanks
Rew

Thanks SamuriHL; I try it and let you know.

It seems PDVD8 has a problem with this DVD, Waterhorse if audio is left in the DTS mix position. Using AnyDVD HD I was able to get it running again by changing this back to 2ch stereo. It now works fine with or without AnyDVD HD running.

The symptom somehow set this error:
Failed to enable HDCP. Please switch to an analog output(VGA, D-Sub) and then try again. message.

It also suggests running BD/HD advisor which I did, what a joke!

It says my system is not HDCP compliant!

I think it is because I have a non-HDCP Sammy 910T as main monitor and my Mits HD4000 pj on mon2 which of course is were I play my DVDs,

I certainly have a system more than enough to play BD's compliantly
Vista 32 Utimate
VisionTek HD 3850
Asus P5E
8400e @ 3.8ghz
4 gig ram

Rew

I'm having problems with text and graphics 'shimmering' and moving slighty in PDVD 8. When I try the same disks in PDVD 7 there is no problem.

On Walk Hard and AVP2 I get a brief glitch at numerous scene changes (a dozen or more times in each movie). I havent seen that in any of my other iso's yet though.

I tried using the iso I ripped using imgburn with AnyDVD off - and then played the iso with AnyDVD running. And I also ripped the iso with AndDVD On and tried playing back with AnyDVD Off. Same results.

I didn't try either of those movies with 7.3 though.

I contacted CL support about the AvP2 issue and they will release a patch for PDVD 8 on April 30th. The problem is with 7.3 too.

I contacted CL support about the AvP2 issue and they will release a patch for PDVD 8 on April 30th. The problem is with 7.3 too.

So I guess we'll find out if they break the crap out of HD DVD support in 8. :)

Back