• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

So I guess we'll find out if they break the crap out of HD DVD support in 8. :)

that would really suck espeically since i went through the trouble of putting it in all four of my computers. is it possible that if they do block it that we could put it in again after the update or could they do something to prevent that as well? you know they could just bring HDDVD support back then we would be fine:clap:

that would really suck espeically since i went through the trouble of putting it in all four of my computers. is it possible that if they do block it that we could put it in again after the update or could they do something to prevent that as well? you know they could just bring HDDVD support back then we would be fine:clap:

That'd rock if they did. I'm not holding my breath. And yes, they could break it if they so desired. However that would really piss some people off that paid good money for both 7.3 and 8...myself included.

I think that they would break HD-DVD support because they don't want to pay the royalties to the DVDFORUM.....:(

Any news on the PDVD8 update that was supposed to be released today?

Any news on the PDVD8 update that was supposed to be released today?

I am one who was to receive the free update to PDVD8 on the 30th of April.

I have seen bupkis.

One can only hope that they are confining their attentions to the parts that are actually broken.

FRACK I'm starting to turn blue holding my breath this long!!!!!!!!!! :D :disagree:

Of Course

Hey WS contact GBofRecords you beat Blaine.:rock::rock::rock:

Power DVD 8 invalid key fix

I had the same problem with activation and this solved the problem for me.
Uninstall all versions of Power DVD then run Regedit and search for Power DVD and delete all entries. Install fresh version.

They seem to have some crap in the registery that uninstall doesnt remove and stores the old key code which is not over written during a new instalation and will generate an invalid serial number fault.

Hope this helps!

So what do we know that's actually broken in PowerDVD 8? Across the Universe doesn't work still, right? Anything else? I personally would like to be able to remove moovielive, and the other thing that keeps opening when I play a dvd, but I'm not hopeful of those.

So what do we know that's actually broken in PowerDVD 8? Across the Universe doesn't work still, right? Anything else? I personally would like to be able to remove moovielive, and the other thing that keeps opening when I play a dvd, but I'm not hopeful of those.

Ratatouille audio skipping problem is reportedly still there, and they need to fix the Blu-ray menu button on the Cyberlink remote which does NOT work PDVD8 at the moment.

Patch 1622 updates PDVD8 to version 8.4008.50

HD-DVD is still enabled. :D

Kinda strange they didn't remove the HD-DVD playback ability. I would have been 99 % sure the will do.
They really should know about the HD-DVD reenable procedure, so why didn't they disable this function?
Curious, but great! :rock:

Funny thing: Even the latest PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra doesn't play T2 Ultimate HD-DVD correctly (crashes when selecting some language tracks). Latest PDVD 8 Ultra with HD-DVD patch plays it just fine without any issues at all. Even online features work! :rock:

Cyberlink remote Menu button still doesn't work... argh..

However, they have greatly improved the player's responsiveness regarding scene switching, fast forward/rewind, chapter skipping etc. It's now instant whereas before it took an extra 1-2 seconds to skip a chapter or change a scene. Well done Cyberlink! Is 3730d the same? I went straight from 3730a to PDVD8 first release.

Some menus are also now displayed differently, for example... I, Robot now has animations in the menu which it didn't have before. Ironically, it actually makes it take longer to navigate the menu due to the extra animations.

Where do you see that. In the about box, mine says 8.0.1622.50.

My fault: looked at the DVD version line. There it says 4008. Didn't realize I have to look at the top line of the window.

What is the different between the first version and this patch version? Only notice below in the site. Is the the only different? Anyone try that and can comment. Thanks.

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).

Back