• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

Nice, isn't it? :) That card is absolutely amazing. And whatever they did in PowerDVD 8, the PQ has definitely improved noticeably. Gotta love that. I'm thinking about the Panasonic 42" 1080p plasma for the bedroom. I found it for 1500 bucks which is amazing for that kind of screen. I should have that in a couple months. I can't wait!
Is that the new panny?
I'm waiting for the new 58" 1080p panasonic. So far they only have the new 42 and 50" (800z or 850z? I forget offhand how the numbering goes). But the new 1080p's are actually cheaper than the 1080p's that they are replacing (the 700/750Z?). Hopefully by the time the new 58" comes out, I can afford it. Then I can put my 50" 1080i plasma panasonic in the bedroom. :D

BTW, I use the 8600GTS ... can't wait to check out the pdvd 8.0 PQ later today. I think I'll watch I, Robot now that I have my short-lived audio hum problem resolved. :clap:

Yup, that's the new 85uz I believe is the model number. PQ is supposed to be amazing. I was looking at a Samsung LCD in the same price range, but, the panasonic plasma is supposed to be much better and not take any more power consumption than the LCD. (That part is important to me). The panasonic is only a couple hundred bucks more than the samsung so I think that's what I'll probably end up with. Of course, my wife will be pissed when I tell her the HTPC in the bedroom will need to be rebuilt once I get the new TV. MUAHAHAHAH. :D

I just watched Walk Hard.
I saw quite a few "glitches" though. They would happen at a scene change - just before a scene change it would look the like the picture would freeze. The "freeze" was extremely quick, so quick that at first I thought I was imagining it. But I wasn't. And if the freeze happened while they were playing a song, I could here the glitch as well. It didn't happen with every change, but it did happen several dozen times.

I was playing the encrypted iso, but the iso rip came from a PS3, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. My cpu was running at around 35-40% with peaks at around 60% - a little higher than I like it, but whatever.

Also, my I, Robot won't even play or rip ... I've had enough of using my PS3 to rip iso's. I'm done with that. Newegg has the GGW-H20L for $289 so I just ordered one.

Is that the new panny?
I'm waiting for the new 58" 1080p panasonic. So far they only have the new 42 and 50" (800z or 850z? I forget offhand how the numbering goes). But the new 1080p's are actually cheaper than the 1080p's that they are replacing (the 700/750Z?). Hopefully by the time the new 58" comes out, I can afford it. Then I can put my 50" 1080i plasma panasonic in the bedroom. :D

BTW, I use the 8600GTS ... can't wait to check out the pdvd 8.0 PQ later today. I think I'll watch I, Robot now that I have my short-lived audio hum problem resolved. :clap:

Humpa,
Please post your comments if you can after you check out PDVD8 with 8800GTS. Looking to get the 512MB version and Asus Maximus Extreme in the near future. Thanks.

Humpa,
Please post your comments if you can after you check out PDVD8 with 8800GTS. Looking to get the 512MB version and Asus Maximus Extreme in the near future. Thanks.
All I've watched is Walk Hard - I commented on my "issues" a couple of posts back.
And I have a 256mb 8600GTS

Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Ultra from 7 Ultra (Download) (#300251237) 1 Unit(s)

An error occurred during the generation of your license key.
We will contact you within the next 24 hours by e-mail and provide the necessary information. Thank you for your understanding!

:bang:

There's bad, there's worse and then there's Cyberlink...

Looks like they got all the bugs worked out of their system. Oh, wait..... :D

Thanks gents for the details on the system setups!:bowdown: Time to put this "puppy" together....nothing worse than getting things that don't work...but thanks to you I'll get it right the first time.:D

Is it worth buying

I have PowerDVD 7.3 all versions.
For $50, I can buy the upgrade. I also own TMT.

The picture on PDVD seems better to me but the sound is definitely better on most True-HD titles and DTS-HD. I am moving all my files to ISOs so that is no longer an issue.

Normally, I would just get it, but it is hard to want to reward Cyberlink for:

- Removing Folder Playback
- Down-sampling Audio unprotected Content
- Dropping HD DVD support
- Removing other program links during uninstall
- and generally being a PIA

So is there any reason to sent these folks more money?

- Rich

Is there any reason

I have PowerDVD 7.3 all versions.
For $50, I can buy the upgrade. I also own TMT.

The picture on PDVD seems better to me but the sound is definitely better on most True-HD titles and DTS-HD. I am moving all my files to ISOs so that is no longer an issue.

Normally, I would just get it, but it is hard to want to reward Cyberlink for:

- Removing Folder Playback
- Down-sampling Audio unprotected Content
- Dropping HD DVD support
- Removing other program links during uninstall
- and generally being a PIA

So is there any reason to sent these folks more money?

- Rich

I went through the same thoughts,haha.Yup,your gonna need it down the road!Unless your happy with TMT

When I play AvP2 BD I can hear severe audio stutters every 1-2 minutes. This is with PowerDVD 7.3 and 8 Ultra. WinDVD 9+ plays the disc flawlessly.

Anybody has the same issue? AnyDVD on /off doesn't make a difference.

Haven't got them yet. I'm HOPING to pick them up maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

I went through the same thoughts,haha.Yup,your gonna need it down the road!Unless your happy with TMT

im with you were not given much of a choice but from what ive seen with TMT and PowerDVD, PowerDVD is your better choice especially especially since everyone got the hack to work and you can use version 8 with HDDVD
its not definite that it will last but its good for the time being

When I play AvP2 BD I can hear severe audio stutters every 1-2 minutes. This is with PowerDVD 7.3 and 8 Ultra. WinDVD 9+ plays the disc flawlessly.

im not sure why i just picked up the disc this morning and it works just fine with powerdvd 8

Did you check the Unrated version?

Could you please check around 7:30 min (Unrated version) when Dallas steps off the bus and goes to the cop and talks to him. I have a huge audio dropout there. This is just an example there are more of these.

Did you check the Unrated version?

Could you please check around 7:30 min (Unrated version) when Dallas steps off the bus and goes to the cop and talks to him. I have a huge audio dropout there. This is just an example there are more of these.

i dont have time right now but ill check later today and get back to you

Info Only!
bigear.jpg

What type of audio are you using (analog or spdif)? I sometimes get those dropouts when using spdif, but not with analog. I won't have AVP2 anytime soon to test since Netflix is sucking butt these days and not buying enough copies, but I did see this problem with Enchanted. Didn't matter which audio track I played either.

What type of audio are you using (analog or spdif)? I sometimes get those dropouts when using spdif, but not with analog. I won't have AVP2 anytime soon to test since Netflix is sucking butt these days and not buying enough copies, but I did see this problem with Enchanted. Didn't matter which audio track I played either.

I doubt this is related with SPDIF output to your receiver. I've been using nothing but SPDIF to my 24/96 pre-amp and I am very sensitive about the audio than the video and I sure not notice anything like that in my set up at least. I will post what I hear after I test drive the AVP2.

Back