• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 7 Ultra Build 3704

No choice is incorrect. It can and should downsample to other 5.1 formats such as DD or DTS. Why in the world would you want a lossless soundtrack converted to a lossy one? Backwards compatibility. Some discs only come with a TrueHD or a 5.1 PCM soundtrack and some people (myself included) want to enjoy 5.1 sound without buying a new receiver.

Note all standalone players have this capability.
You can let the soundcard do this, if it supports DTS-Connect / Interactive or DolbyDigital Live, like the cards from Auzentech.

You can let the soundcard do this, if it supports DTS-Connect / Interactive or DolbyDigital Live, like the cards from Auzentech.

True. But only IF your card supports DD Live or DTS Connect. The player really should support this functionality.

3:10 to Yuma menu doesn't work with 3704, but the BD region code is still in brf.dat. So, no new BD region code procedure this time. 8)

I got a Prelude should i be turning on Dolby Digital Live? Would this mean the card would decode it stead of the player? If it does then will it also do TrueHD?

I have always been confused about this.

Has anyone tried 3704 with Sunshine in bluray. Sunshine had a problem where it would stop at chapter 16.....is 3704 more capatible with Bluray 1.1 profiles?

Does anyone know where I can get the 3911 patch from? I made the mistake of upgrading to the latest version, then realised they removed the play from hard disc option. I have the full build of 2911, and can't find the older patches anywhere!

Does anyone know where I can get the 3911 patch from? I made the mistake of upgrading to the latest version, then realised they removed the play from hard disc option. I have the full build of 2911, and can't find the older patches anywhere!
from the normal bittorrent / peer to peer type programs.
Or just convert your backups to iso using imgburn - that's what I'm in the process of doing.

I got a Prelude should i be turning on Dolby Digital Live? Would this mean the card would decode it stead of the player? If it does then will it also do TrueHD?

The DACs on the Prelude are awesome. So why should one downsample lossless audio with DDLive? It sounds so much worse than the great analog sound the prelude produces.

That's exactly what you should do if you wanna enable S/PDIF multichannel. That's also what I do with my main computer, I have the Sondigo Callisto, which is a great deal useful. I am a fan of these USB external cards, if only the Callisto had Dolby Headphone it would be one of the most useful pieces of electronics (regarding usefulness/size ratio) I've bought. For that, I've had to buy the Asus Xonar U1, with similar capabilities (adds DH, takes away the DTS stuff), but it's larger and more "external" in that it's not just a small dongle. I wish they would come up with a DH-capable Callisto driver. The Asus is pretty, but the volume control is redundant, as it's not really controlled in the card, but at the software level in the PC, as most (all?) other soundcards. It could have been even greater had it been just a dongle.

I would use DTS Connect instead of Dolby Digital Live though. I'm pretty sure the bitrates of DTS are higher.

Last edited:
from the normal bittorrent / peer to peer type programs.
Or just convert your backups to iso using imgburn - that's what I'm in the process of doing.

I downloaded imgburn and used the build option to make a UDF image. But it wouldn't play in powerdvd, just a black screen. I could only select udf version 1.02 I think... and not 2.5/2.6. I tested it with resident evil extinction. Playing from the actual blu ray disc is the same - black screen. The only way I can play it is from the hard disc.

I downloaded imgburn and used the build option to make a UDF image. But it wouldn't play in powerdvd, just a black screen. I could only select udf version 1.02 I think... and not 2.5/2.6. I tested it with resident evil extinction. Playing from the actual blu ray disc is the same - black screen. The only way I can play it is from the hard disc.
Best approach is to use imgburn in read mode and create an ISO direct from the actual disc in the drive, with AnyDVD HD running: it will create an ISO matching the characteristics of the source (in this case probably UDF 2.5).

If the source disc is BD+ then I think the most recent PowerDVD versions will not play an ISO unless the ISO is AACS protected. Earlier versions will play BD+ with no AACS IIRC.

If you are able to playback a Bluray rip from HDD, why do you need to convert it to an ISO?

We understand your concern related with update for PowerDVD Ultra.

Please note that this build is currently available for retail purchased softwares only and not for OEM softwares.
I think your beef is with LG, not Cyberlink.

When a company creates an OEM version, they may alter the code. The original company no longer has control over that version of the application. Therefore, they (Cyberlink) have no way of verifying that updates and changes will work as expected.

Since LG took on this responsibility, they should be issuing the updates.

Just use system restore to go back a few days

3704 was loaded this AM. Full version. Does not allow menu interraction. Can't select "play movie" or access any sub menus.

What a bummer this is...

Well, I checked 3704 under Windows Vista with Catalyst 8.1 (ATI 3870) and the results are rather disappointing.

3:10 Yuma still doesn’t play (cannot click anything in the menus).

DTS-HD MA 7.1 is still limited to 5.1 (and I am not referring only to the actual output but also how PDVD recognizes the signal – clicking ‘info’ you see ‘DTS HD 5.1’).

Pan’s Labyrinth (US Version) HD DVD menus are still not working properly.

The only thing which seems fixed is the Eastern Promises HD DVD playback (now menus are available).

Last edited:
One more thing:

4 new buttons (next to the already existing one (play etc)) are now available in this build:

In BR playback the 4 buttons have 4 colors (red, green, yellow, blue) and in HD DVD playback 4 letters (A, B, C, D).

In the limited time of my tests (mainly in the above-mentioned movies) I didn’t understand their usage.

they sound like bookmarks but i think they only work on certain movies (thats what the 4 colours do on the ps3)

Back