• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 7 Ultra Build 3704

Does anyone that has installed this know if playing from the hard drive is still disabled? I havent updated from 3911a yet as I don't want to lost the ablity to play my movies from the hard drive.

I would like to know this too, but If I had to guess, I would say this feature is still disabled, or even gone completly.

I would like to know this too, but If I had to guess, I would say this feature is still disabled, or even gone completly.

I'm sure it is to, I just don't want to update if there is no point.

For those asking how to email Cyberlink support, just go here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

You need to login - so if you don't have an account, just create one. But if you don't have an authentic version, then don't bother.

I just downloaded the 3704, but I'm not going to bother trying it unless I can play from a folder on the hdd. Plus I won't be home until tomorrow anyway. ;)

For those asking how to email Cyberlink support, just go here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

You need to login - so if you don't have an account, just create one. But if you don't have an authentic version, then don't bother.

I just downloaded the 3704, but I'm not going to bother trying it unless I can play from a folder on the hdd. Plus I won't be home until tomorrow anyway. ;)

I shot them an email as I have a legal OEM version that came with my LG drive. I also asked about re-enabling the play video from hard drive option. thank you.

Besides (maybe) better profile 1.1 support, perhaps it has a new set of keys for MKBv5, which should be due out soon, since it has been 3 months since MKBv4 came out.

First post so here goes. I shot an email to support yesterday and got this back mine being oem from my LG GGC - H20L

Dear Gareth,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with update for PowerDVD Ultra.

Please note that this build is currently available for retail purchased softwares only and not for OEM softwares.

I am a little gutted I have legit software but not enough for them

First post so here goes. I shot an email to support yesterday and got this back mine being oem from my LG GGC - H20L

Dear Gareth,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with update for PowerDVD Ultra.

Please note that this build is currently available for retail purchased softwares only and not for OEM softwares.

I am a little gutted I have legit software but not enough for them

I got the same message. Shame on you Cyberlink! Please someone PM me the link or upload the file and send me that link. I want to see if they changed the BD region location again.

I've just installed it. None of my bugs are fixed. TrueHD audio is still ouput as 2-channel PCM over s/pdif :(.

I am sure there is come clever stuff not easily visible, including maybe enhanced disc compatibility, but otherwise a bit of a disappointment!

I got the same message. Shame on you Cyberlink! Please someone PM me the link or upload the file and send me that link. I want to see if they changed the BD region location again.

Same here---any help is appreciated:bowdown:

I've just installed it. None of my bugs are fixed. TrueHD audio is still ouput as 2-channel PCM over s/pdif :(.

I am sure there is come clever stuff not easily visible, including maybe enhanced disc compatibility, but otherwise a bit of a disappointment!
Does it play 3:10 to Yuma?
Does the option to play from a folder on the hdd work?

Does it play 3:10 to Yuma?
Does the option to play from a folder on the hdd work?
Sorry can't answer the first. No to the second (mounted image still works though).

Sorry can't answer the first. No to the second (mounted image still works though).
Thanks.
I should've just been using iso's from the beginning. But I don't feel like converting them all now - guess my options are limited though.

You cannot play TrueHD 5.1 or higher audio over s/pdif because the bandwith is to high. It can only be played over multi-channel analog cables or hdmi. Powerdvd has no choice but to downsample it to 2 channels.

No. It is supposed to downmix it to 5.1 DD @640kb/s, but it does not. Cyberlink accept this as a bug.

No. It is supposed to downmix it to 5.1 DD @640kb/s, but it does not. Cyberlink accept this as a bug.

I have noticed something annoying about this too. Whenever you set your speakers to 2-speaker or headphones, the TrueHD is downmixed to 2.0 as well. You might say duh, but this means that when using Dolby Headphone in PowerDVD, the DH processor will only get the 2.0 stream to work with. Dolby Virtual Speaker should suffer the same fate, but DVS is not very effective anyway. DH, on the other hand, has proven indispensable to me. Luckily I got audio cards with DH, so I can just set PowerDVD to 6 speakers (or 8 in Vista) and run DH in my card.

By the way, anyone else using DH? I have found that in Vista with a Sondigo Inferno (same chip as Auzentech X-prelude and the HT claro) I have to set PowerDVD to 8-channel, if I set it at 6, as it should be, the rear channels lose directionality and sound diffused. You can try and see this easily with any of the THX tests in many DVDs, or any speaker location test (if you haven't tried DH, you'll probably be surprised at how effective it can be). Audio input in the card driver is set to 6-channel or 8-channel accordingly when testing, by the way, so that's not it.

please excuse my bad english...

i got this download link from cyberlink too along with a very complicated uninstall and install description (regedit...), how did you guys install 3704?

thanks

no hdd play

ver. 3704 still does not play from the hard drive, but it seems to play my iso's better. 3516 sometimes would just close when I tried to play an iso.

You cannot play TrueHD 5.1 or higher audio over s/pdif because the bandwith is to high. It can only be played over multi-channel analog cables or hdmi. Powerdvd has no choice but to downsample it to 2 channels.

No choice is incorrect. It can and should downsample to other 5.1 formats such as DD or DTS. Why in the world would you want a lossless soundtrack converted to a lossy one? Backwards compatibility. Some discs only come with a TrueHD or a 5.1 PCM soundtrack and some people (myself included) want to enjoy 5.1 sound without buying a new receiver.

Note all standalone players have this capability.

Back