• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 7 Ultra Build 3704

Best approach is to use imgburn in read mode and create an ISO direct from the actual disc in the drive, with AnyDVD HD running: it will create an ISO matching the characteristics of the source (in this case probably UDF 2.5).

If the source disc is BD+ then I think the most recent PowerDVD versions will not play an ISO unless the ISO is AACS protected. Earlier versions will play BD+ with no AACS IIRC.

If you are able to playback a Bluray rip from HDD, why do you need to convert it to an ISO?

You forgot to tell them to mount the ISO file using Daemon Tools Lite. :)

Powerdvd will not play an ISO file, it's not a media file at all, its a drive + disc mimicing file.

AT least RE3 doesn't freeze anymore with 3704.

Are you playing this direct from the blu-ray disc?

I'm setting aside some free time tonight to try the suggestions above using imgburn and daemon tools. I've also asked cyberlink for the 3704 link. Hopefully this will solve my problems.

Settings

I had some trouble using some of the menus on my hd dvd's until I went into anydvd hd settings and UNCHECKED the"remove all menus" box. I haven't had a problem since

One more thing:

4 new buttons (next to the already existing one (play etc)) are now available in this build:

In BR playback the 4 buttons have 4 colors (red, green, yellow, blue) and in HD DVD playback 4 letters (A, B, C, D).

In the limited time of my tests (mainly in the above-mentioned movies) I didn’t understand their usage.

from what someone at avs stated if the colors are coming up in blu ray, that means the new player is supporting profile 1.1

ISO's of BD+ movies do not seem to work with v3704. I tried Sunshine in Bluray which is BD+ and get an error message.

ISO's of BD+ movies do not seem to work with v3704. I tried Sunshine in Bluray which is BD+ and get an error message.

Apparently cyberlink is being a hardAZZ. I presented my legal registered software code. Which they have all the internet settings I bought from them. They do not consider this enough to give me the newest download. Figured I would let all know how bad they are now at just letting the newest download out.

Why would BD+ work in 3704 when they haven't since 3319a?? Did you think they'd suddenly put that functionality back or something? :) For BD+ you need 3104 or 3319a. Regular ISOs that are NOT BD+ protected will work just fine.

Apparently cyberlink is being a hardAZZ. I presented my legal registered software code. Which they have all the internet settings I bought from them. They do not consider this enough to give me the newest download. Figured I would let all know how bad they are now at just letting the newest download out.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I want the fix for Resident Evil Extinction... but they just said to uninstall and reinstall 3516. Emailed them again and got a similar response.

On another note, I made iso's of xmen 3 and silent hill using imgburn. Mounted them using daemon tools. But they will only play with anydvd enabled. Is that because of the aacs or something? The original discs play with anydvd disabled. But at least I can watch my HD collection now :D

You forgot to tell them to mount the ISO file using Daemon Tools Lite. :)

Powerdvd will not play an ISO file, it's not a media file at all, its a drive + disc mimicing file.
You are absolutely right: I take shortcuts with the explanation in the hope that whoever reads it will understand about ISOs and how they are accessed. It was not meant as a step-by-step-how-to guide.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I want the fix for Resident Evil Extinction... but they just said to uninstall and reinstall 3516. Emailed them again and got a similar response.

On another note, I made iso's of xmen 3 and silent hill using imgburn. Mounted them using daemon tools. But they will only play with anydvd enabled. Is that because of the aacs or something? The original discs play with anydvd disabled. But at least I can watch my HD collection now :D
Have you tried using the "magic file replacement" facilty of AnyDVD to modify the .XPL file and strip out everything but the main feature (only including the desired soundtrack and subtitle if required)?

I think most of the issues people experience with playback are related to menu navigation support in the player. If you take that out of the equation, playback (generically) seems to be more robust. Of course you then lose menu capability and it isn't exactly plug and play, but I would prefer the stripped down approach and actually be able to watch the movie than wait for Cyberlink to release a patch that works.

It is possible to include the extras in the playback chain, but they will play back sequentially (similar to how DVD Shrink creates a re-authored title).

You can perform this "miracle" after you have created an ISO by using AnyDVD with the mounted ISO. Preferable to retain the original menu etc structure in the ISO for future full-function playback in a decent player (when/if that ever occurs).

Whilst it is possible to play many titles without AnyDVD, you are then at the mercy of the player developer as to when they release a patch that supports the encryption keys and also whether they further restrict functionality (eg HDD playback) in those new patches. Removing the encryption with AnyDVD means you are no longer held hostage as much as the title no longer needs further decryption. New patches might be required to support new navigation functionality, but this may be countered by the .XPL editing method mentioned above.

Imgburn will create an ISO without AnyDVD running, but it will be encrypted. Running AnyDVD at the time of creating the ISO removes the encryption from that ISO.

According to Slysoft in another thread, it's preferable to use AnyDVD when creating an ISO as the encryption is then permanently removed for that title (so no more worrying about finding decryption keys or the potential for those keys to be compromised in the player in future).

Back