• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 20

I'll make one later. I'm currently converting a bunch of my Dolby Vision movies to TS files for my plex server so my machine is busy. I gotta find a disc that has Cinavia on it. LMAO

I'll make one later. I'm currently converting a bunch of my Dolby Vision movies to TS files for my plex server so my machine is busy. I gotta find a disc that has Cinavia on it. LMAO

I grabbed a smaller movie and created an ISO. Started PowerDVD20, dragged the ISO into PDVD, was told I had to install a driver, let it install the driver, dragged it again, it hung at 99% loading the ISO. PowerDVD20 mounts the ISO which AnyDVD then detects as a new disc and scans, and in my case this process seems to not be consistent or stable. I tried a bunch of times with varying outcomes: hanging at 99%, finally loading and PDVD immediately throwing an error, playing successfully. Out of maybe 10 attempts I had it work successfully once and that was the final attempt. When I finally was able to play the ISO the fox turned purple.

coulda saved yourself all that trouble by just using VCD ^^

I grabbed a smaller movie and created an ISO. Started PowerDVD20, dragged the ISO into PDVD, was told I had to install a driver, let it install the driver, dragged it again, it hung at 99% loading the ISO. PowerDVD20 mounts the ISO which AnyDVD then detects as a new disc and scans, and in my case that process seems to not be consistant or stable. I tried a bunch of times with varying outcomes: hanging at 99%, finally loading and immediately throwing an error, playing successfully. Out of maybe 10 attempts I had it work successfully once and that was the final attempt. When I finally was able to play the ISO the fox turned purple.

Well, there's always version 2. LMAO I didn't have that problem when I tried my ISO last night. Was an unprotected ISO of Joker UHD and loaded right up no problem after installing the driver.

Well, there's always version 2. LMAO I didn't have that problem when I tried my ISO last night. Was an unprotected ISO of Joker UHD and loaded right up no problem after installing the driver.

When mounting the ISO with AnyDVD disabled the mounting and loading is fast and smooth and playback is without issue. From my non-developer perspective the addition of AnyDVD throws a wrench in things when it steps in to scan and interfere in the flow.

When mounting the ISO with AnyDVD disabled the mounting and loading is fast and smooth and playback is without issue. From my non-developer perspective the addition of AnyDVD throws a wrench in things when it steps into to scan and interfere in the flow.

Hence why I am talking about throwing unprotected ISO's at it only. I'm not sure how PowerDVD ISO mounting is working exactly but you're saying it's creating another virtual drive that AnyDVD is picking up? That didn't happen in my case. At least not when I loaded the unprotected ISO of Joker.

Hence why I am talking about throwing unprotected ISO's at it only. I'm not sure how PowerDVD ISO mounting is working exactly but you're saying it's creating another virtual drive that AnyDVD is picking up? That didn't happen in my case. At least not when I loaded the unprotected ISO of Joker.

My ISO is unprotected. :p

And, yes, it creates an entirely new virtual drive that AnyDVD has to scan as the ISO is mounted as if you just inserted a new disc in a drive.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.8.1, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
CYBERLNK VIRTUALDRIVE 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: free
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 11888000 sectors (23218 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: EARTH_STAR_VOYAGER_1988
Media is not AACS protected.
Blu-ray disc is region free!
No AACS, skipping Java fixes.
Bad sector protection not found.

And, to add another wrinkle, while it isn't 100% if I merely go into AnyDVD and disable the setting to prevent Cinavia detection I find that the percentage of success goes up with playback. That said, loading is still slower because AnyDVD steps in to scan.

That's weird. I didn't even notice when I loaded my ISO last night. I don't know if AnyDVD picked it up or not. It could have.

Because AnyDVD can do wonderful things with it. Subtitle movement & transparency for example.

I know but in this case we didn't want AnyDVD doing any of its magic on it. :)

And does it PLAY? I mean on a "normal" PC with, let's say, AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics? In HDR?

And does it PLAY? I mean on a "normal" PC with, let's say, AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics? In HDR?

Yup. Intel 9900k with nVidia 2070 graphics, HDR enabled in Windows. Plays perfectly.

If PowerDVD creates a virtual drive "on the fly" when playing isos, I really don't want to use this feature and stick with VCD. This is certainly the most stupid and complicated way to do this.

If PowerDVD creates a virtual drive "on the fly" when playing isos, I really don't want to use this feature and stick with VCD. This is certainly the most stupid and complicated way to do this.

I couldn't agree more. I didn't realize what their "driver" was doing. That's silly and no reason to use it. BUT.....

This is indeed nice. Maybe I really should try it out.

Onto this, yes, it works great. With discs (AnyDVD running of course) and images (protected with AnyDVD running).

I don't believe AnyDVD does much of anything with folders.

It's disc-oriented so works it's magic on discs and .iso's, in general.

T

You missed my point. The dragging folders comment is that PowerDVD doesn't enforce Cinavia with folders or at least hasn't yet that I am aware. I don't have the time to rip a Cinavia disc to folder just to test to see if they suddenly changed that but I doubt they did. I find the logic lacking but that's fine by me. AnyDVD doesn't have to worry about it.

You missed my point. The dragging folders comment is that PowerDVD doesn't enforce Cinavia with folders or at least hasn't yet that I am aware. I don't have the time to rip a Cinavia disc to folder just to test to see if they suddenly changed that but I doubt they did.
I am pretty sure, that AnyDVD's icon would turn purple during playback, if PowerDVD would check for Cinavia.

Back