• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 20

You missed my point. The dragging folders comment is that PowerDVD doesn't enforce Cinavia with folders or at least hasn't yet that I am aware. I don't have the time to rip a Cinavia disc to folder just to test to see if they suddenly changed that but I doubt they did. I find the logic lacking but that's fine by me. AnyDVD doesn't have to worry about it.

Oh, so you were talking about Cinavia enforcement for folders with respect to PDVD, not AnyDVD.

Ok. Got it.

I actually wasn't aware PDVD ignores Cinavia in Blu-Ray folders.

Good to know.

T

I would like to get my hands on a Cinavia disk just to have the opportunity to play with this. Nothing I have uses it. At least, not as far as I can tell.

I would like to get my hands on a Cinavia disk just to have the opportunity to play with this. Nothing I have uses it. At least, not as far as I can tell.
CloneBD will tell you within a few seconds during playback.

Hi,
I'm on AnyDVD HD v8.4.9.2 beta and PowerDVD 20 Ultra (from Steam) v20.0.1519.62 64-bit and Cinavia seems to be broken. I'm running Windows 10 Pro v2004 (May 2020 update). I've had the Cinavia DRM kick on Underworld: Blood Wars 4k BD, Underworld: Blood Wars (1080p) BD, Resident Evil: Damnation BD:- Cinavia Error 3 - audio muted after 20 mins. All of the aforementioned discs are Sony releases. This is all when trying to read movies straight off the original retail discs, I haven't done any rips.

EDIT: I should note that my BD drive is a LG WH14NS40 that's been firmware flashed to read UHD movie discs. I bought the drive from an Ebay seller who had pre-flashed it.

Cinavia meanwhile doesn't kick in when watching discs through VLC (v3.0.11 64-bit).

From reading this thread it seems like the Fox tray icon should be turning purple when Cinavia is detected, but that hasn't been the case for me. It remains red with sunglasses.

I have "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" ticked in the AnyDVD HD Program Settings.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm on AnyDVD HD v8.4.9.2 beta and PowerDVD 20 Ultra (from Steam) v20.0.1519.62 64-bit and Cinavia seems to be broken. I'm running Windows 10 Pro v2004 (May 2020 update). I've had the Cinavia DRM kick on Underworld: Blood Wars 4k BD, Underworld: Blood Wars (1080p) BD, Resident Evil: Damnation BD:- Cinavia Error 3 - audio muted after 20 mins. All of the aforementioned discs are Sony releases. This is all when trying to read movies straight off the original retail discs, I haven't done any rips.

EDIT: I should note that my BD drive is a LG WH14NS40 that's been firmware flashed to read UHD movie discs. I bought the drive from an Ebay seller who had pre-flashed it.

Cinavia meanwhile doesn't kick in when watching discs through VLC (v3.0.11 64-bit).

From reading this thread it seems like the Fox tray icon should be turning purple when Cinavia is detected, but that hasn't been the case for me. It remains red with sunglasses.

I have "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" ticked in the AnyDVD HD Program Settings.

Thanks in advance.
I have PowerDVD 20 Ultra (same version as you), and with the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" enabled by default by AnyDVD, but on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 64 bit laptop. Unfortunately, I don't think that I have any Cinavia discs. Just a sec, I have "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse," but I don't think that has Cinavia. I'll check it out and post the results in a bit.

I haven't updated to v2004 because of potential conflicts with software and the like.

Their might be a need to post an AnyDVD log of your problematic disc, just so that Support can take a look and see what the issue is.

Good luck.

:)

Their might be a need to post an AnyDVD log of your problematic disc, just so that Support can take a look and see what the issue is.

Good luck.

:)
Thanks for your informative sig. I'm posting logs here.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.2_Info_F_Resident Evil - Damnation_3C2615EC_32598FF0.ziplog
    273.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 4K BD AnyDVD_8.4.9.2_Info_F_UNDERWORLD_BLOOD_WARS_0C68B096_B61EC5EE.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1080p BD AnyDVD_8.4.9.2_Info_F_UNDERWORLD_BLOOD_WARS_4B6232F6_8E568D73.ziplog
    280.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your informative sig. I'm posting logs here.
Thanks in advance.
You're welcome.(y)

For the record, my MKV rip of "Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" didn't mute the audio at all after 20+ minutes.

I haven't tried it with my legally bought 4K Blu-ray disc, or the Blu-ray disc that came with it, so I'll assume that I'll be OK.

I'm going to attach my UHD Friendly drive to my laptop, and play the 4K Blu-ray of the movie "Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" in a few minutes, and let it run for a little over 20 minutes, and let you know what the results are in a while.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
The problem might be the "steam" version. It could be something trivial, like an unusual installation path (like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PowerDVD 20 Ultra") or something specific to the steam version.
Is PowerDVD executed as Administrator? If yes, please try to start AnyDVD as Administrator, too.
Exit AnyDVD, right click the desktop icon, "run as administrator".
I am sorry, that I can't be of more help, but I don't have the steam version for testing.

This indicates, that AnyDVD does absolutely nothing. The fox must turn purple during playback. With or without Cinavia present on the disc.

This indicates, that AnyDVD does absolutely nothing. The fox must turn purple during playback. With or without Cinavia present on the disc.
So have you got any ideas of what I can do? I tried setting AnyDVD HD's settings to default, it didn't help.
Thanks in advance.

So have you got any ideas of what I can do? I tried setting AnyDVD HD's settings to default, it didn't help.
Thanks in advance.
Have you tried to exit AnyDVD and start it as Administrator?

Have you tried to exit AnyDVD and start it as Administrator?
I tried setting every EXE I could find in the AnyDVD and PowerDVD folders to open as Administrator in the Properties > Compatibility tab. No luck.

I have a feeling that this might be a hardware issue, due to the hacked firmware on my drive. I definitely recall the fox tray icon turning purple when I watched Cinavia protected discs like Starship Troopers: Invasion and Appleseed Alpha over a year ago using my old BD drive. I'll try installing a spare BD drive into my PC and seeing what happens.

Would a CPU upgrade help? I'm using an older gen Intel CPU, not a 7th gen or better chip which supports the hardware level DRM required for native UHD disc playback. This is an issue with 1080p BDs too, so I don't think it'd make a difference.

Last edited:
I tried setting every EXE I could find in the AnyDVD and PowerDVD folders to open as Administrator in the Properties > Compatibility tab. No luck.
Don't run PowerDVD elevated. Just do, what I have told you:
"Exit AnyDVD, right click the desktop icon, "run as administrator"."
I have a feeling that this might be a hardware issue, due to the hacked firmware on my drive.
No.

I definitely recall the fox tray icon turning purple when I watched Cinavia protected discs like Starship Troopers: Invasion and Appleseed Alpha over a year ago using my old BD drive.
Are you saying the steam version of PowerDVD worked before?
In this case try uninstalling and reinstalling PowerDVD.

I'll try installing a spare BD drive into my PC and seeing what happens.
I don't think this will help.

Would a CPU upgrade help?
Certainly not.

Thanks in advance.
Another idea: Any recent update of Anti-Virus, Anti-whatever software, which could interfere?
What is "IO Bit" with the many filter drivers? Can you uninstall or disable it? Same for ESET?

Another idea: Any recent update of Anti-Virus, Anti-whatever software, which could interfere?
What is "IO Bit" with the many filter drivers? Can you uninstall or disable it? Same for ESET?
IObit is one of those crappy, system crippling so called "PC speedup and optimizer tools", and many other products.

Don't run PowerDVD elevated. Just do, what I have told you:
"Exit AnyDVD, right click the desktop icon, "run as administrator"."
Ran just AnyDVD elevated. Still no purple fox icon.

Are you saying the steam version of PowerDVD worked before?
In this case try uninstalling and reinstalling PowerDVD.
I was using an older version at the time, PowerDVD 14 (non-Steam) I think. Bought and installed PowerDVD 20 for the UHD disc support.

Tried running with ESET protection disabled and IOBit Smart Security exited, no difference.

Back