• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 14: how to reset the region code change counter?

LeCroy

Hi all!

I have got some BD ISOs with not removed region code. Because AnyDVD is not able to remove the region code of already decrypted ISOs, I have to change the region code setting of PowerDVD 14.
For some ISOs it's possible to switch to speedmenu for playback, but not for all.
Does anyone know how to reset the region code change counter of PowerDVD 14? I found a tool for older version, but not for 14.

Regards
LeCroy

Hi all!

I have got some BD ISOs with not removed region code. Because AnyDVD is not able to remove the region code of already decrypted ISOs,

There is a secret & undocumented registry value... can't look it up at the moment, but I have posted it here before.

I think it is this one :)

James said:
Exit AnyDVD and add the secret and undocumented registry value "allowNonAACSJarFixes" and set it to 1

Thanks guys!

But unfortunately this doesn't work. I allways get an error message by AnyDVD like:

"MFR: File 00001.jar is too big! Sectors available: 137, Sectors required: 138"

I have a question re PowerDVD

I have purchased PowerDVD (in fact 10 12 13 14)

As you know, you enter the Key you get with the Purchase to enable the Software, BUT its really annoying that you have to get further permission so to speak from Cyberlink via internet connection to get it to finally allow the Software to work.
Very annoying as you HAVE purchased this Program and are a legitimate user.
This is only on the later versions, V10 for example only needs you to enter your Key.

Is there a registry value that can be entered to simulate this final authorisation.

Thanks guys!

But unfortunately this doesn't work. I allways get an error message by AnyDVD like:

"MFR: File 00001.jar is too big! Sectors available: 137, Sectors required: 138"

Yeah, this might happen with some discs. Especially, if some remastering was done. Anyway, with newer PowerDVD versions (latest builds of 10-14) you just need to delete ris.ifo to get your changes back.

It is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CyberLink\BDNAV (Win XP) or C:\Program Data\CyberLink\BDNAV (Vista & up)

EDIT: It is a hidden file. It may be wise to make a backup - rename it, instead of deleting.

TMT is even nicer, you can change the region in their play.ini text file, so it easy to do with a little program.

James, that works!

Thank you very much for your help! :clap:

Option to Reset Blu-Ray Region Counters

One could add to AnyDVD-HD an option to reset the Blu-ray Region counters of player software. :)

That would be really nice! A one click solution for resetting the counter of all known players. So nobody has to worry about which is the correct way for the individual player software.

Resetting Blu-Ray Region Counters

>Why (add an option to reset Blu-ray region counters of player software) ?

As far as I have heard, the on-the-fly removal of the Blu-ray region code does not always work, so that resetting the counter of the player software and changing its region would be a good workaround.

>Why (add an option to reset Blu-ray region counters of player software) ?

As far as I have heard, the on-the-fly removal of the Blu-ray region code does not always work, so that resetting the counter of the player software and changing its region would be a good workaround.
Can you give an example of one that doesn't work? I've yet to see one.

That would be really nice! A one click solution for resetting the counter of all known players. So nobody has to worry about which is the correct way for the individual player software.

See the attached file for PowerDVD 10-14, most recent build as of today, for Vista or better. Have fun.
DISCLAIMER: No warranties, use at your own risk, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Attachments

• Reset PowerDVD BD Region.zip
    274 bytes · Views: 353
Thanks, I did create a version with one line less :D

@echo off
del /A:HR "%PROGRAMDATA%\CyberLink\BDNAV\ris.ifo"

Thanks for the information/script James, never thought it would be that easy! :D

LeCroy: Your version doesn't work for me. Using del /A:H instead does work.

See the attached file for PowerDVD 10-14, most recent build as of today, for Vista or better. Have fun.
DISCLAIMER: No warranties, use at your own risk, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Thank you so much James, it works fine in PowerDVD v16 too.

I was just wondering is there are way to make it so that it changes automatically back to you're country aswel?

I thought that the region code was set at the level of the disk drive and not at the software level. Does changing the region setting in PowerDVD not alter the region setting of the drive?

I thought that the region code was set at the level of the disk drive and not at the software level. Does changing the region setting in PowerDVD not alter the region setting of the drive?
Old DVD Drives (RPC1) = Region set in player software
Current DVD Drives (RPC2) = Region set in drive Hardware
Blu-ray = Region set in player software
HD DVD = No region coding

Back