• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 10 reports "unsupported format" using VCD with BD ISO

Don't install DT if you don't need it. That SPTD filter it installs is nothing but crap and can actually CAUSE problems with AnyDVD. Plus if you remove DT afterwards it doesnt even remove the filter, it leaves it there and you're left with the mess. It takes a 3rd party tool such as IMGBurn to access the filter list and remove it.

The latest versions have an option not to install it (SPTD) and to use 'Basic Emulation'... that's what I was getting at.

It means you can still have a virtual drive supporting all the formats DT does - which let's face it, is more than CloneDrive etc - but you don't have to install SPTD at all.

If the other people in this thread had perhaps installed the new DT without SPTD (thus using Basic Emulation), they'd have got caught out by the 'unsupported format' message in PowerDVD just as I did.

p.s. ImgBurn can't remove the SPTD driver, it's not listed as a filter. :)

Last edited:
I've been trying to troubleshoot this for days, and would very much appreciate any insight or suggestions you may have.

I recently installed PowerDVD 10 Ultra, patched to the latest version (2429), along with Virtual CloneDrive under Windows 7 and have been happily playing BD ISOs converted from MKV using either tsMuxer or AVS Video Converter and created using ImgBurn. Yay!

This weekend, I performed the same set of installations on my Windows XP SP3 laptop. No joy. Using an unpatched version of PowerDVD 10 (1516), the BD ISO, created with UDF 2.5 and mounted with VCD, is recognized and plays as a Blu-ray Disc. When I load any of the later patches of PowerDVD 10 (2325, 2429), the software then starts complaining that "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:"

This clearly seems to be PowerDVD performing additional checks on my Windows XP system, determining (somehow) that the VCD-mounted BD ISO isn't kosher. I can browse the files on the VCD drive and even double-click the 00000.m2ts file which plays in the patched version of PowerDVD.

As my latest attempt, I loaded AnyDVD HD trial to see if it's UDF 2.5 filters could "rightsize" PowerDVD's opinion of the virtual drive, but still get the same error. If I uninstall PowerDVD 10 and re-install the unpatched version, everything works fine.

My questions to this esteemed and responsive audience are:

* Have you run into this before?
* Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions?
* Can you think of a workaround?

The only "solution" I'm aware of is to run down-rev PowerDVD 10 and hope none of the bug fixes were all that important. I'm hoping you guys can come up with more ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

- Dave
Please try this version:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=45979

OUTSTANDING!!! You guys are absolutely incredible! This latest beta version of VCD works perfectly with PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II (build 2429).

I had no idea you were working on a fix to what amounts to Cyberlink's problem. Now I'm bummed that I just dropped €30 ($40) on DAEMON Tools Pro. :( :( :(

Thank you for the amazing work!

- Dave

Yeah it doesn't like it in Cinema mode, yet appears to work in normal mode for me

got a new LiteON Blu-Ray drive and it came with a v9 PowerDVD
i had been using an older v8 PowerDVD w/Virtual CloneDrive Testing/Playing iso files
Now with the New v9 PowerDVD i got the "Unsupported Format"
(i upgraded with a new patch==still v9 -- but still NO JOY)
just DL the new v5440 of Virtual CloneDrive and BINGO -->> it works :D
VISTA 64bit w/latest OS updates

It seems that Cyberlink has done it again. I tried playing ISO Blu-Ray movies with their latest version of PowerDVD (build 2701), but it fails everytime (in Cinema Mode).

Seems to be fixed on the discs I tried in PDVD 11 as well as the ability to play from folders is back

Just wondering if anybody found solution to this issue. had everything working fine under W7/64Bit with PDVD 10 Ultra Mark II
Now it will not play mounted blu-ray movies giving me the stupid "Incompatible format disc.." in cinema mode. normal mode plays fine but since i'm using Windows Media Center i need the cinema mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Back