• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD Sucks

musicjerm

I would just like to make a plain and simple statement. Power DVD Sucks, and it deserves its own thread stating so.

(P.S. Way to go SS!)

I would just like to make a plain and simple statement. Power DVD Sucks, and it deserves its own thread stating so.

(P.S. Way to go SS!)

No thread of its own is needed. Nearly everyone has gripes about PowerDVD however there is no better alternative.

No thread of its own is needed. Nearly everyone has gripes about PowerDVD however there is no better alternative.
Certainly. PowerDVD might indeed suck, but the others (WinDVD, TMT) are even worse.

Certainly. PowerDVD might indeed suck, but the others (WinDVD, TMT) are even worse.

i will second that. the blu-ray playing software my sony came with is much worse than powerdvd! i still enjoy powerdvd 7.03.3120!
it just means there is a market for some better software, you could write a better program? :)

Nearly everyone has gripes about PowerDVD however there is no better alternative.

A better alternative (except for subtitles):

* Convert to Matroska/FLAC.

* Play with MPC HC + ffdshow + madFLAC + CoreAVC + Reclock.

A better alternative (except for subtitles):

* Convert to Matroska/FLAC.

* Play with MPC HC + ffdshow + madFLAC + CoreAVC + Reclock.

PowerDVD just plays the disc when I want it or a mounted ISO. What you are proposing is far from a simple alternative. Yes, it may work but it takes time and effort. I'll stick with PowerDVD.

i cant believe there is a thread about powerdvd sucking that statment is said in almost every thread on this forum but we deal with it not to mention this doesnt have anything to do with anydvd. in other words way to start a great thread there buddy

Actually, I find that Nero 8 showtime is a much more robust player than PDVD. If I didn't already have it, I doubt I spend upwards of $100 to buy the whole Nero suite with BD+HD plugins. I found that PDVD was so flakey compared to Showtime, I took PDVD off my computer.

It seems like no matter how much I screw up a BD or HD file (through experimentation), Nero Showtime will play it.

I've found that showtime doesn't utilise the GPU as well so on lower end spec systems high bitrate Blu-rays play back jerky, but on the same system using PowerDVD they play back smoothly

I agree with the OP, and add that TMT , on my machine (XP) is tops.
I think good playback with any player is system specific, and with so many variables it's difficult for any player to work well on all systems.

I agree with the OP, and add that TMT , on my machine (XP) is tops.
I think good playback with any player is system specific, and with so many variables it's difficult for any player to work well on all systems.

I found TMT to be beyond buggy when I tried it. There were UI issues and playback issues. Cyberlink may not have the best support and the software is definitely not as good as everyone would like but I haven't run across anything better... yet.

TMT, WinDVD, ShowTime... no thanks.

I like ArcSoft. It's my favorite. :)

ArcSoft and I are big, big buddies.

I could never get it to work. I haven't tried the very latest version but I've already sunk enough money into HD playback software. What would be worth it, Fernando, is a Slysoft player. ;)

SamuriHL,do you know how to get rid of movie remix? I got no gripe with Pdvd 8,plays great at my house and sounds great to,to me anyway,but I hate the remix crap and the pop up after a movie is done playing,rate it,own it,ask me later.I check own it and ok.Then it shuts my player down so if I want to go straight to another movie,to bad,I got to start it up again.

I could never get it to work. I haven't tried the very latest version but I've already sunk enough money into HD playback software. What would be worth it, Fernando, is a Slysoft player. ;)

Don't make me have to flog you, SamuriHL. :p

For the love of God don't turn this thread into a "When will Slysoft release player software?" thread. :bang:

SamuriHL,do you know how to get rid of movie remix? I got no gripe with Pdvd 8,plays great at my house and sounds great to,to me anyway,but I hate the remix crap and the pop up after a movie is done playing,rate it,own it,ask me later.I check own it and ok.Then it shuts my player down so if I want to go straight to another movie,to bad,I got to start it up again.

Not yet. I haven't had time to work on that issue. I'm not sure we CAN get rid of it. What a stupid feature. I hope in the next version they make it optional.

Don't make me have to flog you, SamuriHL. :p

For the love of God don't turn this thread into a "When will Slysoft release player software?" thread. :bang:

LOL. I wasn't asking WHEN, I was simply suggesting that as a better option to PowerDVD. :D You know, to give them some ideas. ;)

Back