• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible conflicts with AnyDVD and other software

If your verifications are failing after disabling Anydvd, then it's possible that you are producing bad burns.
Oddly enough, while you were posting this I was making a bunch of data discs (backups) using some ancient DVD-Rs I had laying around, since my DVD+Rs were not verifying (Verbatim 16x!) and they worked (almost) perfectly! Just one that didn't verify out of 5 I think.

These were old 1x DVD-Rs (!) so took forever to burn & verify, but by golly they worked.

I have gone back & forth on burn speeds--I was using 1/2x for a while and then when I had problems reverted to Auto which seemed to work better. Bottom line: I think my RecordNow7.3 might have a funky pxengine and I'm going to try to wean myself off of it in favor of ImgBurn. I liked that RN73 auto-everythinged, will have to learn which ImgBurn burn modes to use for various scenarios (DVD movies vs big mpgs or xvids vs data discs vs Image backups).

Anyway thanks WS for your attention and ideas--I appreciate it! :)

I have gone back & forth on burn speeds--I was using 1/2x for a while

Never burn that slowly, especially to 16x rated blank media. If you want to be safe, then burn at half the rated speed of the blank media that you're using, but never burn below 4x to 16x rated blank media.

Actually what I meant was "1/2 rated speed", so we're on the same page there.

As a point of interest, yesterday I used ImgBurn to Remove the ASAPIW2k filter, and today, in following Gear's instructions for removing my GEARASPI software registry entries, I noticed at least one reg entry to ASAPIW2k.

So I have some more Reg cleaning to do, and it answers my question about whether ImgBurn's Removal button did a complete delete--it doesn't!

Actually what I meant was "1/2 rated speed", so we're on the same page there.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant 1x or 2x.

So I have some more Reg cleaning to do, and it answers my question about whether ImgBurn's Removal button did a complete delete--it doesn't!

Imburn removes the entry from your filter stack in the registry only (which is what may affect reading and writing). Imgburn does not remove all occurrences from your registry.

For anyone who is having problems, I can recommend the "Manual Removal" process that I found from GearSoftware at this link. I used the same procedure to eradicate not only GEARAspiWDM, but also ASAPIW2k, PxHelp20/PxEngine, and Padus pfc from my registry and hard drive. It involves deleting some keys, rebooting, deleting some files and some more keys, and then a final reboot.

Not sure why I continue to be surprised by all the stuff left behind by inadequate software Uninstallers, but there sure seems to be a lot of it doesn't there!

Never burn that slowly, especially to 16x rated blank media. If you want to be safe, then burn at half the rated speed of the blank media that you're using, but never burn below 4x to 16x rated blank media.

Actually what he said was:

"These were old 1x DVD-Rs (!) so took forever to burn & verify, but by golly they worked"

So in his special case 1/2X would indeed be 1/2 the rated speed of the disk.

-W

Actually what he said was:

"These were old 1x DVD-Rs (!) so took forever to burn & verify, but by golly they worked"

No. That's not what I was replying to.

"I have gone back & forth on burn speeds"

So in his special case 1/2X would indeed be 1/2 the rated speed of the disk

He actually meant 1/2 and not "x", where x represent a burn rate.

I recently installed Anydvd and have noticed that my ripping speeds are slow on my Toshiba Laptop L505-S5990 so I was wondering if I had any software that may be causing these problems. I attached a log file with programs and filters installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.1.5_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 5
Code:
Device LowerFilters:
tdcmdpst (system32\DRIVERS\tdcmdpst.sys), Version: 2.0.0.3 (2.0.0.3)
Company: TOSHIBA Corporation.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2007-2009 TOSHIBA Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description: TOSHIBA ODD Writing Driver for x86.
FileVersion: 2, 0, 0, 3
ProductVersion: 2, 0, 0, 3

That is a bad filter to have but the ripping speeds all depends on the protection used and data amount so this will always vary from disc to disc. I know for example Surrogates took longer than usual.

Code:
Device LowerFilters:
tdcmdpst (system32\DRIVERS\tdcmdpst.sys), Version: 2.0.0.3 (2.0.0.3)
Company: TOSHIBA Corporation.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2007-2009 TOSHIBA Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description: TOSHIBA ODD Writing Driver for x86.
FileVersion: 2, 0, 0, 3
ProductVersion: 2, 0, 0, 3

That is a bad filter to have but the ripping speeds all depends on the protection used and data amount so this will always vary from disc to disc. I know for example Surrogates took longer than usual.

This is the info I obtained from that filter.I am afraid to delete this filter by what the info says below.

Description: This file is a Device Driver used by Microsoft Windows to communicate with the computer's hardware. This file does not contain data that can be opened. You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

This is the info I obtained from that filter.I am afraid to delete this filter by what the info says below.

Description: This file is a Device Driver used by Microsoft Windows to communicate with the computer's hardware. This file does not contain data that can be opened. You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

It is obvious this was pointed out as it maybe causing an issue. This driver maybe giving AnyDVD grief and Toshiba are well known for loading their systems up with bloatware. Basically the driver seems to be DVD packet writing software which may conflict.

The "ODD" is short for "Optical Disc Drive" in other words your burner / DVD-ROM drive.

It is obvious this was pointed out as it maybe causing an issue. This driver maybe giving AnyDVD grief and Toshiba are well known for loading their systems up with bloatware. Basically the driver seems to be DVD packet writing software which may conflict.

The "ODD" is short for "Optical Disc Drive" in other words your burner / DVD-ROM drive.

I'm just afraid of deleting that filter and have my computer not work properly anymore.I'm afraid it will make my computer unstable.I also don't know if that filter comes from a certain program.

Have no fear - just do it

I'm just afraid of deleting that filter and have my computer not work properly anymore.I'm afraid it will make my computer unstable.I also don't know if that filter comes from a certain program.

This driver surfaces as a possible problem:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/4440a844-09f1-4581-9d65-6f33fe1fcf0a

you can get along without it just for a test - it's worth it, don't you think?

And if you have your original features/HW CD for your machine you can always re-install the Toshi driver.

This driver surfaces as a possible problem:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/4440a844-09f1-4581-9d65-6f33fe1fcf0a

you can get along without it just for a test - it's worth it, don't you think?

And if you have your original features/HW CD for your machine you can always re-install the Toshi driver.

I'm using Windows 7 if that makes a difference.I wanted to avoid having to redo my computer in case that filter was needed to run programs properly. I wonder if changing the Drive Control in AnyDvd would also help instead.I'll try ripping by changing Speed in Anydvd and report if my ripping speeds have increased.

Back