• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please stop modifying settings when installing new version over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can only support what Defenestration has said.

AnyDVD (HD) is a great program and I have a paid version. If I would use a cracked one, I wouldn't be bothered by such things, as this would be the price to pay. I would like to use autoupdate and I don't care if my key gets checked every day. But I want an update that does not need user interaction (or at least not more than one click) and that doesn't introduce unexpected behaviour. And I want to be the person who can decide if the options I set will be followed or not.

It all reminds me of DVD PUOs and it's really ironic if the program that I use to circumvent them introduces new restrictions of this kind.

It's that the installer changes my settings without any notice.
No the installer never changes.

Default settings on initial install is fine, but to change them without any notice when upgrading is bad design. Why give the user the option of changing these two settings if they shouldn't be changed ?
The installer is never changed though and each update uses the same installer there is no update patch.

PS. Don't take this as a request to remove these options because that would only make the situation worse. :)

Yes it would.

Don't get me wrong, as I said, AnyDVD is a great piece of software which "just works" and is low on resources. It's the installer which needs changing slightly IMO.
If the installer is change then all users would have to interact with it to set it to what they want. I still fail to see the deal here as all you need to do is tick and untick in the settings and I do it on every update as I hate the balloon personally and like the new media info window as well. Another words there is no way to change it to your personal preferences and allowing this wouldn't even work as so many users has different preferences. And the fact of just releaseing a patch has been discussed and showed to be nothing but problems if I remember right.

Alright. The question was asked. The Anydvd developer responded and gave his final decision. I don't see how this discussion is going to change anything.

Thread closed.
:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back