• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Explain Why I need This.

It can compress a full sized bd50 to double layer or even single layer DVD SIZE at negligible quality loss. Yes you can keep HD sound and yes of course it keeps subtitles

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I am curious, Could I, using CloneDB actually get 1080P Quality HD Video AND 5.1 Surround Sound that actually looks comparable to Blu-Ray if I compressed down and burned to a BD-5 (or more commonly the humble DVD). If I compared the two, would it look as good, nearly as good, better than a SD DVD? Opinions please? I assume, since the file structure would be that of blu-ray, even the DVD would have to be played on a blu-ray player to achieve any semblance of HD?

PS Viewing on a 55" HD 1080P television obviously :)

DiverJ

Last edited:
Once 3D functions are added, Will CloneBD be able to add an audio stream? Specifically, I'd like to be able to add the audio commentary from my 2D BD of Guardians of the Galaxy disc to the 3D disc so that I can watch it in 3D with the commentary track..

I don't think so...

I am curious, Could I, using CloneDB actually get 1080P Quality HD Video AND 5.1 Surround Sound that actually looks comparable to Blu-Ray if I compressed down and burned to a BD-5 (or more commonly the humble DVD).

Yes, you would still have 1080p as that a resolution, not a detail measurement. you do have to realise that compressing a BD50 to a BD5 means you're compressing to a size that's upto 10x smaller than the original (a BD50 can hold 43.5GB, a BD5 4.35GB). So there will be SOME loss of details

If I compared the two, would it look as good, nearly as good, better than a SD DVD?

It should look less "sharp" than a BD25 and obviously less sharp than the original BD50 but it should look sharper than a SD DVD. Reason is simple, the best a DVD can go is 576p. A blu-ray is nearly double that. I can't guarantee this as i personally only do BD25 rebuilds.

I assume, since the file structure would be that of blu-ray, even the DVD would have to be played on a blu-ray player to achieve any semblance of HD?

Yes it would, but not because of the HD part but simply because of the file structure. Even though it will be burned on a DVD, it will still be a blu-ray structure which requires a compatible player. Since it's a blu-ray structure, it will automatically be output to HD regardless of the source media (BD5/9)

Back