• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Plays on PC, not on Stand-Alone Player (Panasonic DMP-BDT210)

Kenneth Stern

First the details of my system: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a new HP Envy 750se, with an i7-6700k processor. I am running AnyDvdHd on my system. My stand-alone BD player is a Panasonic DMP-BDT210. I downloaded the latest version of CloneBd with the idea of deciding by the end of this week whether to purchase at the 20% discount rate. The disc I am trying to process is Star Trek Enterprise Season 3 - disc 1.

I first ran CloneBD to simply create an ISO "copy" of the original disc...in other words I did not make any changes to the existing format of the disc with the intention of putting that on a BD-50 disc. The program ran without incident and the ISO plays fine on my PC using PowerDVD 15. Then using ImgBurn I copied the ISO onto a BD-50. This also played properly with PowerDVD. I then tried to play it on my stand-alone BD player. The BD started properly with the initial playing of the CBS Home Entertainment intro. (About 15 seconds.) Then when it moved to the next segment (which happens to be where one chooses their language) the disc stopped and would not play any further.

My next trouble shooting step was to use AnyDVDHD to "rip to image". After that was successful, I again used ImgBurn to copy onto a BD-50. That disc played properly, not only on my PC but also on my stand-alone player.

(I also decided to see what would happen if I transcoded the original disc to BD-25 size using CloneBD. As with the first effort using CloneBD, the disc played fine on my PC but not on my stand-alone player.)

Finally, I took the first ISO I had created with CloneBD (the full size one for the BD-50) and tried to have CloneBD use that as the source to create a new full size ISO. When I did that it stopped processing after about 50 seconds with an error. I am attaching the log file for that action here.

I originally thought that perhaps my stand-alone player was simply incapable of properly playing these discs...but obviously if it can play the AnyDVDHD ISO, that must not be the case. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, Ken

Attachments

• fail.zip
    454.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Finally, I took the first ISO I had created with CloneBD (the full size one for the BD-50) and tried to have CloneBD use that as the source to create a new full size ISO. When I did that it stopped processing after about 50 seconds with an error. I am attaching the log file for that action here.

Good one, thanks for the info.
We'll try to reproduce this with other discs (the reopening with CloneBD) and if we get nothing, we'll try your disc, if you can tell me your country.

Pete - I tried to do some more troubleshooting. This time I used the first Harry Potter film. It does not have the language screen and after two intros (piracy warning followed by Studio logo) the bd goes right into the movie. Essentially I had the same results. The disc created by CloneBD played on my PC but not on my stand-alone player. (The CloneBD disc plays the two intros, but stops when the movie starts.) While the disc created by AnyDVDHD played on both. The only change from last time is that when I tried to use CloneBD with the iso that it had created, this time the second "copy" process completed without an error message. For what it is worth, I am attaching the log files for both "successful" full disc copy processes.

I also did a BD-25 transcoding of the original disc and as before, it played on my PC, but not the stand-alone. Also attached is the "successful" log for that action.

Ken

Attachments

• hpfull-1stlog.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • hpfull-2ndlog.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • hpbd-25log.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Back