• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Performance Issue 3D

Sascha98

There's an issue with creating 3d MKV - possibly during scaling both images.

My PC will encode 350fps bluray 3d to a 2d mkv format - but only 50fps when using side by side mkv.

Sascha

My PC will encode 350fps bluray 3d to a 2d mkv format - but only 50fps when using side by side mkv.
That is normal. The 3D decoder is purely software based and rather slow.

Which one is CloneBD using? If it's FRIM, that one supports hardware based too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

That is normal. The 3D decoder is purely software based and rather slow.

Therefore my test setup:
- decode 3d to 2d 1080p = 350fps
- decode 3d to 3d 1080p side by side = 50 fps

It's not the 3D (MVC) decoder as it handles 350fps (its an MVC 3D stream) when convertig 3d to 2d.

I tried the AMD hardware based decoder = same decode performance.

There's some step in the pipeline that scales both pictures (right / left eye) and creates a composit image for the encoder. This filter is not used when converting 3d to 2d. Scaling can be done in hardware even if the decoder is in software.

It's not the 3D (MVC) decoder as it handles 350fps (its an MVC 3D stream) when convertig 3d to 2d.

When "converting" 3D to 2D, there is no 3D decoder in play. The much faster 2D decoder is used (3D movies are "backward compatible", so they can be decoded in 2D). In other words: nothing gets converted to 2D, the extra 3D part simply is ignored.
Trust me: it's exactly what I told you.
Scaling is a simple, fast and cheap thing, definitely not a bottle neck.

Back