• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion PEACOCK Price Increase

Jimc115

Comcast announced a price increase across the board today.
$ 5.99 Monthly for Premium
$11.99 Premium Plus

$59.99 / $119.99 yearly.

I'm good at $2.99 a month until April 2024....unless content changes, that will be the end for me.
Comcast Universal has thousands of titles and the service has barely changed at all since the beginning.
A new movie now and then but the rest is the same content rotating in and out.

It's odd they claim to have spent a billion on new content....all I see is reality crap...which TV is already
filled with.

As far as I am aware all the streaming services that have started up within the last 5 years played this game. They start with pricing below the competitors to attract subscribers and then they fairly rapidly increase the prices but in several small increments. This won't be the only price increase. And whatever BS they think they need to say to support that price increase they will. But I am certain this was planned from the get go.

I am in for 1.99 a month till Black Friday. I have no choice but to re-up.;) I do like Peacock, I have wanted it here for a long time, and now that it is here I am not going to not get it. I get the Senior citizen rates:LOL:

EDIT
I just re-subscribed for 11.99 a month.

having had comcast for internet/tv/phone, as long as I do, we are "platinum", so we get Peacock free as a "reward", even after the June 26 change.

I use Viasat and they do not give you anything. It's mainly for large corporations, like the hotel next door to my rooming house. I help them a lot at the hotel and they, in turn, help me, by providing me with their WiFi password, I am only 60 meters from the hotel so my connection is awesome. ;)

Peacock Premium used to be "free" for being a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber. Not any more.

I only watched Peacock for selected older TV shows, as something to watch as I rode my recumbent exercise bike.

I had taken a special offer of $19.99/year for premium. Which I believed was expiring on 9/08/2023. However my account says the offer is valid till 9/08/2024. My next payment says $19.99/year on 9/08/2023.

I had taken a special offer of $19.99/year for premium. Which I believed was expiring on 9/08/2023. However my account says the offer is valid till 9/08/2024. My next payment says $19.99/year on 9/08/2023.
Thats even cheaper than my 1.99 a month. Great deal.

Where was this deal offered? I am an Xfinity subscriber and was getting Peacock for free (with ads), but Xfinity stopped that just before Anystream added Peacock. I don't see anything on the Xfinity site for that deal, and the Peacock site only says $59.99/year with ads, $119.99/year for premium (no ads). You have a tremendous deal...I would take it if it was available.

Where was this deal offered? I am an Xfinity subscriber and was getting Peacock for free (with ads), but Xfinity stopped that just before Anystream added Peacock. I don't see anything on the Xfinity site for that deal, and the Peacock site only says $59.99/year with ads, $119.99/year for premium (no ads). You have a tremendous deal...I would take it if it was available.
it was a promotion offered by Peacock.

Attachments

• peacock.png
    peacock.png
    676.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
it was a promotion offered by Peacock.
Thanks! When I searched on the $19.99 Peacock promotion, all the links that came up for me showed that the promotion had expired. I'll continue to nose around and see if something else comes up.

Once upon a time, there was a $19.99 per year plan available. It specifically stated PER YEAR....so you may have gotten lucky got that deal.
It would be kinda like Paramount on Amazon.....those that were subscribed at $5.99 are still getting it while everyone else is at $9.99

I obviously didn't get to read the fine print because the deal is gone....but it could be an explanation....just don't cancel.....
Code:
https://www.billboard.com/shop/peacock-streaming-deal-1235139132/

It was also only for new customers....

As a note, there still is a deal if you are a student (or have a family member that is) for $1.99 / month.

Update: Peacock has put the $1.99 for 12 month deal back active for new customer. As a Black Friday deal. expires 11/28/2023

Black Friday Offer

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 044445.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 044445.png
    879.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The below are all ad-free prices, cheap prices exist with ads
Hulu going from $14.99 per month to $17.99 per month
Max going from $14.99 per month to $15.99 per month
Disney+ going from $10.99 per month to $13.99 per month
Apple TV+ going from $6.99 per month to $9.99 per month
Netflix going from 21.99 per month to 24.99 per month
Prime Video adding a $2.99 monthly surcharge for ad-free streaming

Once upon a time, there was a $19.99 per year plan available. It specifically stated PER YEAR....so you may have gotten lucky got that deal.
It would be kinda like Paramount on Amazon.....those that were subscribed at $5.99 are still getting it while everyone else is at $9.99

I obviously didn't get to read the fine print because the deal is gone....but it could be an explanation....just don't cancel.....
Code:
https://www.billboard.com/shop/peacock-streaming-deal-1235139132/

It was also only for new customers....

As a note, there still is a deal if you are a student (or have a family member that is) for $1.99 / month.
All you have to do is use a different email address.

I did that....credit card address matched and they cancelled it stating I was not a new customer. Oddly though, they gave me 90 days free for being a
previous customer.
I have done it with other services and it worked just not Peacock. I will try and see if it works.

Back