• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue PCOCK: Download Always Fails on Saturday Night Live S09E12

jpp72

Anystream version: 1.6.6.8 on Win 11
Module: Peacock
Show: Saturday Night Live
Season: 9
Episode: 12
Selected resolution: 1080p
Subtitles selected: Yes

Relevant error from Log: [Error] [Pump:video:peacock] Failed to retrieve fragment #141, giving up

Queued up Seasons 1-10 last night and went to bed. Woke up to 5 failed downloads. Retried failed and all worked except the Robin Williams episode (S09E12). Tried multiple times and fails pretty much at the same spot.

P.S. When clicking remove all finished titles, i think it would make more sense to remove all the successful titles only. Right now, it removes the failed ones too so you can't quickly retry them unless you wait until after you retried to click that button.

Attachments

• SNLS09E12.astlog
    121.3 KB · Views: 1
Is it just that one download or are there many? The queue is a still work in progress. When it was introduced in the version before last, I believe it said, in the notes that it was still a work progress. I will certainly make the developer aware of it. Thank you for your comments.

Is it just that one download or are there many?

From the 195 episodes downloaded last night, that is the only one that didn't work on a retry. I also tried to re-add it to the queue but still no-go. I will let my tokens rebuild a little while i convert these to H265 and will try seasons 11-20 and let you know.

I just tried in 720p and it actually worked. Tried again in 1080p and still fails...

From the 195 episodes downloaded last night, that is the only one that didn't work on a retry. I also tried to re-add it to the queue but still no-go. I will let my tokens rebuild a little while i convert these to H265 and will try seasons 11-20 and let you know.

I just tried in 720p and it actually worked. Tried again in 1080p and still fails...
Thank you jpp72 and thank you for the log file and all your valuable input.

One more question, have you tried that episode on the Peacock website?

00:01:00.677 - [Warning] [Pump:video:peacock] Retry #5 for fragment 14100:01:00.779 - [Debug] [Pump:video:peacock] Request #140 has encountered a network error with code 203
00:01:00.779 - [Debug] [Pump:video:peacock] Unexpected response code: 404

A HTTP 404 error happens when a resource is unavailable. Can you do me a favor and watch that part of the show where it errors on the actual Peacock channel, its just a shot in the dark but see what resolution they play it in. I have a theory but I cannot prove it without your input.

One more question, have you tried that episode on the Peacock website?

1698237644323.png

I use the cat-catch media sniffing extension in edge and you can see the counter going up as the segments load and then it suddenly goes to the Puss 'n' Boots screen. So it's the same thing happening in AnyStream.

I guess that fragment is truly 404 and nothing AS can do about that... shrug...

I mean 720p for an episode from 1984 is fine but my OCD wanting all episodes in same resolution may force me to upscale it with Topaz Video AI :LOL:

View attachment 74984

I use the cat-catch media sniffing extension in edge and you can see the counter going up as the segments load and then it suddenly goes to the Puss 'n' Boots screen. So it's the same thing happening in AnyStream.

I guess that fragment is truly 404 and nothing AS can do about that... shrug...

I mean 720p for an episode from 1984 is fine but my OCD wanting all episodes in same resolution may force me to upscale it with Topaz Video AI :LOL:
That's what I thought, this is a Peacock error, not an AnyStream error, I am sorry jpp72, but there is nothing we can do to fix that as you already know. Sorry. But we will work on the queue and when it's done we will let you know. That's a promise.
Thank you again for all your valuable input. We appreciate it. ;)

jpp72....that episode was available.....could just be an temporary error.....

Your private messages are disabled...any way to contact you?

It still is available only in 720p on the Peacock website, 1080p is not available or not working, they have the same error when you play it on their website. AnyStream can only use what Peacock gives us.

Ya like RF1 said, i was able to get it in 720p. AnyStream gets about 50% of it before failing when trying 1080p. Seems one of the segments is missing.

I only accept messages from people i follow. I now follow you. Last resort, you could have messaged me "over there" ;)

Back