• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paranormal Activity

Pelvis Popcan

Just wondering if anyone has gotten ahold of this disc and tried it yet. I heard it has structural protection.

I've got one; haven't tried backing it up yet. Here's the AnyDVD report on it:

Video DVD (or CD) label: PARANORMAL_ACTIVITY
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 15 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Where's the log files please? Thanks if you do that.

Funny this was like a 10k to 20k to make film. Looks like they spent more money to prtect it. LOL.

Ya.... try ripping it with the AnyDVD ripper... and posting a logfile please.

-W

I ripped and made an ISO using CloneDVD, and it seems to work fine. Here's the log:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.8_Info_H_PARANORMAL_ACTIVITY.zip
    553.7 KB · Views: 28
Man, on man, that was a scary stinkin movie, or at least it was to me. I didn't want to sleep in the same room as my wife the night after seeing that.

I just got the zip file from this forum page and dled it to my computer. Does anyone know what I do next in order to copy it to a dvd.. I have a external dvd burner. I use 1 click dvd to copy them. So does anyone know what I can do so I can have the movie. Please email me asap. Thanks in advance.

I just got the zip file from this forum page and dled it to my computer. Does anyone know what I do next in order to copy it to a dvd.. I have a external dvd burner. I use 1 click dvd to copy them. So does anyone know what I can do so I can have the movie. Please email me asap. Thanks in advance.
No one here is going to e-mail you the movie, that .zip file is not the movie. Please go out and buy the movie and re read the forum rules. Thankyou and Happy New Year.:disagree:

Multiple endings

Does anyone know which "angle" is what on this guy? There are no less than 4 possibilities showing up in DVDClone (all 1:26min) . There appears to be multiple endings etc. I have not seen this movie so please don't give the ending away! I want the theatrical ending (I suppose).......

Based on the log file this title has Structural Copy Protection, which is not surprising considering how recently it was showing in cinemas.

Does anyone know which "angle" is what on this guy? There are no less than 4 possibilities showing up in DVDClone (all 1:26min) . There appears to be multiple endings etc. I have not seen this movie so please don't give the ending away! I want the theatrical ending (I suppose).......

Just play it in a software player and see what title is running. Then take that one.

-W

I tried playing the disc and seeing which title is playing. I see #59. I try to copy 59. I sometimes get nothing but a LONG list of names on the track and sometimes this message:
File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_17_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

Any suggestions?

I would suggest copying the full disc. I never could figure which version was what, I had the same problem with Hangover R or UR. AnyDVD & CloneDVD2, no problems. :)

Last edited:
They are legit and no ghost titlesets. There is 2 different endings though and 4 title menus which was weird.

I've never had a problem grapping the correct Main Movie out of a dvd yet. I play the screwy ones (with AnyDVD on) and wait until it's gotten a little into the movie. PowerDVD has never failed to inform me of the correct title number.

-W

Back