• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paramount to use BD+ protection

Ain't that the trith. :)

9 times out of 10 James has it cracked before released. Only a few slip by to take a week.

*hust* because of euphemism.

Well, let's see how long Australia und Slumdog did take...

I can understand Paramount for that. Keeping people from copying it for the first 2 - 3 weeks is a good option. Even for those who get it shipped early as a press review release, can't copy and maybe upload it, early. This is giving Paramount a headstart and time.

I just see one problem:
Slysoft has to put development time in that and the release of new products is going to take longer.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

I'm wondering why, in the beginning, they decided to publish their movies on HD DVD only. I thought it's because of prevalent digital rights management. Now they perform a volte-face? :bang:

Last edited:
*hust* because of euphemism.

Well, let's see how long Australia und Slumdog did take...

I can understand Paramount for that. Keeping people from copying it for the first 2 - 3 weeks is a good option. Even for those who get it shipped early as a press review release, can't copy and maybe upload it, early. This is giving Paramount a headstart and time.

I just see one problem:
Slysoft has to put development time in that and the release of new products is going to take longer.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

That's wrong...

People can easily copy it on DAY ONE of release. The only thing this prevents is, possibly, watching it for a few days.

This is just dumb. It serves no purpose other than to make people who purchase this stuff legitimately, more likely to try and break the encryption. They're making DCMA criminals out of more and more people!

Okay, you're putting me down by saying it's just wrong, but you bring no proof of what you say, so I'm going to call you wrong.

It serves no purpose other than to make people who purchase this stuff legitimately, more likely to try and break the encryption.
Okay, why would I want to break the encryption of my new Australia B release back in the days, I wasn't able to decrypt it with AnyDVD HD.

I was able to watch it and enjoy it. Legal customers mostly don't suffer any problems. It's just those small filesharing kids who cry about fair rights, when they don't even deserve it, when they are using downloaded images and try to decrypt them with a faked serial of AnyDVD HD.

Well, if don't have HDCP compliant hardware, you're computer is either more than 2 years old or you can simply use AnyDVD HD.

People can easily copy it on DAY ONE of release. The only thing this prevents is, possibly, watching it for a few days.
hmm, well I'm able to watch movies that have not been decrypted by AnyDVD HD on day one, by using the latest WinDVD. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Okay, without the help of AnyDVD HD, how do you break the BD+ on day one?

They're making DCMA criminals out of more and more people!
I own the original Bluray, so why I'm a criminal? I don't feel like one, and I never feeled that Sony is making me a criminal.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

He's simply saying nothing prevents them from making an image of the movie using AnyDVD's Rip to image with the keep protected setting checked or ImgBurn or any numerous ways of making a protected image. Then when AnyDVD is updated, the image will work. So no, BD+ doesn't protect the studios from illegal or legal copying. It's just an annoyance. The BD+ protected copy won't work until AnyDVD is updated but the image is still there nonetheless. Note that I nor the other moderators advocate any kind of piracy. However, for those of us with an HTPC who want to put all their movies on the hdd to make it easy to mount them, new BD+ protections aren't going to stop us from doing that.

I'm thinking you aren't operating a more modern HT environment, so perhaps I can explain better:

Okay, why would I want to break the encryption of my new Australia B release back in the days, I wasn't able to decrypt it with AnyDVD HD.
So you can watch it from your media PC. Most people with HT's don't mess with their physical media. They buy it, scan it, then play it.

I was able to watch it and enjoy it. Legal customers mostly don't suffer any problems. It's just those small filesharing kids who cry about fair rights, when they don't even deserve it, when they are using downloaded images and try to decrypt them with a faked serial of AnyDVD HD.
No, all mid-end to high-end "kids" who have modern HT's don't mess with physical media anymore. It's old-school, and just a means to buy a right to use.

hmm, well I'm able to watch movies that have not been decrypted by AnyDVD HD on day one, by using the latest WinDVD. Maybe you're doing something wrong.
Again, not if you scan them to play.

Okay, without the help of AnyDVD HD, how do you break the BD+ on day one?
You scan it *with* protection, and just wait for the protection to be broken to play it. Further, if you're so inclined, you can copy that scan to 100 computers, and just wait for the encryption to be broken (that's stealing, but BD+ does nothing to even slow it down, which was my point).

I own the original Bluray, so why I'm a criminal? I don't feel like one, and I never feeled that Sony is making me a criminal.

According to DCMA, if you scan a DVD or BD, even if you purchased and maintain an original physical copy, you are a criminal.

According to DCMA, if you scan a DVD or BD, even if you purchased and maintain an original physical copy, you are a criminal.

They consider everyone is criminal even those who support them and pay for their wages.

It will be interesting to see what happens should Fox and Paramount start releasing discs with new BD+ at the same time. Imagine Christmas season with each of those companies releasing 10-15 titles. Would Slysoft be able to keep up? Could they "flood" Slysoft so they simply won't be able to crack them as fast they release them?

It will be interesting to see what happens should Fox and Paramount start releasing discs with new BD+ at the same time. Imagine Christmas season with each of those companies releasing 10-15 titles. Would Slysoft be able to keep up? Could they "flood" Slysoft so they simply won't be able to crack them as fast they release them?

Conversely, what if people stop buying BD releases immediately and wait before purchasing. Wouldn't it be funny to watch consumers hold off on the purchase until some time has passed and they know Slysoft can handle the disc? The studios definitely would not be happy with consumers not jumping on BD releases the first day they are out.

You make the assumption that all of those 10 to 15 titles are worth watching. In reality, most of them are garbage (in my opinion) with only 2 or 3 from all the studios really being anything worth buying.

I would think Slysoft would do some digital triage and free the most anticipated stuff before they get to the other stuff. In that way, i think the gang is more than capable of keeping up. I mean, it's not like those 10 to 15 titles will all have a different version of BD+ anyways, right.

In the end, the fact that the studios still have to make these things compatible with existing standalone players serve as a bottleneck to how fast they can crank out new versions of BD+. If standalone consumers had to wait a few weeks after the release of a few hot titles, you would really see a revolt.

Imagine reading the Headlines tomorrow....

"Slysoft declines to decode Paramount BD+ protection... reason is because movies suck and isn't worth their time!"

"Slysoft declines to decode Paramount BD+ protection... reason is because movies suck and isn't worth their time!"
Ha, ha! A much more likely scenario however:

"Slysoft bought-out by movie industry... all paid-off employees sign noncompete/nondisclosure agreements."

This seems reasonable to me given they are the only folks on Planet Earth who seem to know how to circumvent the protections.

You make the assumption that all of those 10 to 15 titles are worth watching. In reality, most of them are garbage (in my opinion) with only 2 or 3 from all the studios really being anything worth buying.
No, i make the assumption that Slysoft will want to crack every version of BD+ released no matter if the movie is good or bad.

Slysoft was born in consumer
even paramount will buy/bought slysoft
sister software will come to resuce with aggression
slysoft rocks :rock::rock::rock:

That is funny however such a statement or stance taken by Slysoft would be taken and spun by the BDA PR machine.

A press release from the BDA would result that lauded the benefits of BD+ and the protections on BDs and as proof of its success they'd use the statement above to back it up. Rather than Slysoft simply saying the movies are garbage and not worth the time they'd say that Slysoft backed down due to their inability to break the protection. There's a huge difference between the two.

We may not all like the movies that make use of BD+ but I still want to see Slysoft overcome the protection from a personal perspective because I want Fair Use of the media I own and I also want it demonstrated time and time again that no matter how much the industry punishes innocent users that their efforts which hurt the normal user are completely in vain.

We may not all like the movies that make use of BD+ but I still want to see Slysoft overcome the protection from a personal perspective because I want Fair Use of the media I own and I also want it demonstrated time and time again that no matter how much the industry punishes innocent users that their efforts which hurt the normal user are completely in vain.

Well said, I almost :agree:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Iapprove.jpg
    Iapprove.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 90
Conversely, what if people stop buying BD releases immediately and wait before purchasing. Wouldn't it be funny to watch consumers hold off on the purchase until some time has passed and they know Slysoft can handle the disc? The studios definitely would not be happy with consumers not jumping on BD releases the first day they are out.

I agree with that and this is what we all should do... But someone always gets a copy of upcoming discs 1 or 2 weeks before release date, so by the time it gets released officially, it is already handled by anyDVD. ;)

Back