• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paramount to use BD+ protection

While I think even the presumably "crappy" downsampling of PowerDVD likely is still a non-issue (contrary to most of you I guess), I don't know if I can trust what the CL guy at AVS said. Was that the source you guys are referring to?

I honestly can't remember where I read it. But it might have been on AVS, yes.

While I think even the presumably "crappy" downsampling of PowerDVD likely is still a non-issue (contrary to most of you I guess), I don't know if I can trust what the CL guy at AVS said. Was that the source you guys are referring to?

That's the only place I've seen it mentioned. I don't really care, either, as I'm not buying PDVD 9.

At least Cyberlink has announced to stop downsampling, if no AACS is on the disc in a future version. (Sorry, don't have a link to quote).

Really?? I can't help but think I may have had some influence in that! I sent them some very detailed e-mails regarding not having to down sample when to AACS/BD+ is present...

If they actually release an update that nixes the downsampling with no DRM, I will buy the ultimate edition. But I with somebody could find the specific source where they said this... 8)

Look at the PDVD 9 thread on AVS Forum and you'll find the reference I saw to it. But, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. Cyberlink has made some pretty bold claims in the past that still haven't been fully realized. PDVD 8 was sold on the premise that it would get bitstreaming support as a "free" upgrade some time during its life cycle. Here we are with PDVD 9 and we're getting the exact same promise. The supposed vaporware that supports bitstreaming keeps getting pushed further and further back. The latest rumored release date is sometime this month, but, um, yea. Good luck with that. So yes, it would be nice if they released an update that didn't downsample when no AACS was present, but, I'm not going to get excited about it until it's released.

I think it's a safe bet that SlySoft will have their player out long before ArcSoft and/or CyberLink release non-downsampling players, even for non-AACS content.

Back