• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Parallel runs at different speeds (same in the past)

I'm afraid that's not a useful test then. You need to use an older version otherwise you haven't truly changed anything.

The common variables are: external drive, and AnyDVD.
Yes, it was as I was checking my six months old "C" partition. I will do current and past image for old (SlySoft) and new (Redfox) AnyDVD version for each "C" partition running int and ext burners. I will be using a 2013 Blu-Ray Series. Hopefully, I will be able to eliminate the age of the "C" partition as the problem, i.e., program driver issues.

Last edited:
You're right, but the driver had major changes (starting with the reboot beta test). And the driver is involved in everything, subtitles, decryption, ...
It *could* make a difference. I don't think it does (otherwise I wouldn't have released it), but it is possible. But a fresh driver instance is created for every drive, so they run imdependently without interference, so it should not have any impact on "parallel ripping".
Hello James, ... , I made a set of 2 runs using AnyDVD versions (v7.595 and v8.030) each running simultaneously runs reading from internal and external Blu-Ray burners. Each rip writes to it's own HDD. Attached are two screen captures of these scenarios. The Blu-Ray disks were released around 2013. BTW, I own a multi and single LT versions of AnyDVD (in case anyone is wondering). One can see that using v7.595 results in about a 50-50 split in resources and results. Using v8.030 shows the internal burner rips about the speed using v7.595 while the internal burner is much slower. I was going to do these tests with a restored Image of Drive "C", but I don't think it is necessary. My previous runs focused on v8.030. Comments?

Attachments

• Current_v7.695_BOTH_Redacted.jpg
    Current_v7.695_BOTH_Redacted.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Current_v8.030_BOTH_Redacted.jpg
    Current_v8.030_BOTH_Redacted.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
That's pretty definitive. Prior version works fine with external drives, new version does not. James stated the driver was changed. I think we have our culprit now.

Yes as James said there was the possibility. Since it seems you have found something amiss with you system and another user has a very similar issue. I would do this.

Recommendation for some testing if possible ..
Now you and anyone else with an external drive and have this same scenario do the same two disc test with any version from 8.0.2.0. up to 8.0.2.3 Pre driver change according to logs.

And then do it with either 8.0.2.4., 8.0.2.5 as the driver change is in the change log.
Also,
You don't have to let the rips finish , just let them run long enough to be leveled out.
I would also go to an internal HDD if possible, that way the only thing USB is the optical drive. As I wonder if that may be part of it also.
And post accordingly. If you have the time and the installation Files too .

Hello James, ... , I made a set of 2 runs using AnyDVD versions (v7.595 and v8.030) each running simultaneously runs reading from internal and external Blu-Ray burners. Each rip writes to it's own HDD. Attached are two screen captures of these scenarios. The Blu-Ray disks were released around 2013. BTW, I own a multi and single LT versions of AnyDVD (in case anyone is wondering). One can see that using v7.595 results in about a 50-50 split in resources and results. Using v8.030 shows the internal burner rips about the speed using v7.595 while the internal burner is much slower. I was going to do these tests with a restored Image of Drive "C", but I don't think it is necessary. My previous runs focused on v8.030. Comments?
Does the internal burner run slow on single rip (not parallel), too?

Yes as James said there was the possibility. Since it seems you have found something amiss with you system and another user has a very similar issue. I would do this.

Now you and anyone else with an external drive and have this same scenario do the same two disc test with any version from 8.0.2.0. up to 8.0.2.3 Pre driver change according to logs.

And then do it with either 8.0.2.4., 8.0.2.5 as the driver change is in the change log.
Also,
You don't have to let the rips finish , just let them run long enough to be leveled out.
I would also go to an internal HDD if possible, that way the only thing USB is the optical drive. As I wonder if that may be part of it also.

I'll try an earlier version. I'm not ripping discs to an external HDD. I have 9x 4TB internal HDDs.

Been searching the forum, clicked on every link I could find. The only download links that
a) are valid
b) don't link to 8.0.3
are for 8.0.2.4 and up.

SUPER AWESOME!

Does the internal burner run slow on single rip (not parallel), too?
The internal burner always rips fast wrt to an external burner when using v8.0* series. When I just rip using an external it is the same slow rate (single run) and I have used multiple external burners. I can perform the same tests with the other v8.0* series later tonight. When I rip multi runs the output always goes to separate HDDs ( one internal and one external ).

Are you suggesting when making parallel runs to write both to an internal HDD?

Also,
What do you mean by "installation Files"?

What you download from this forum and install with. And I guess they technically are .exe's and not files.
OK, I just completed a whole set of new tests. I made additional tests using AnyDVD v8.0.1 thru 8.0.2.3 Beta (last before v8.0.3 that I had downloaded). To repeat, I made multiple sets of simultaneously runs (2). First, reading from an internal Blu-Ray reader and ripping to an internal HDD. The second run read and ripped to external devices. The burners are identical LGs. I made a series of simultaneously runs varying only the version of AnyDVD. From using AnyDVD v8.0.1 to v8.0.2, the burners ripped about 50%-50% and both at 25 MB/s. From using AnyDVD v8.0.23 Beta to v8.0.3, the internal combination ripped about the same rate as the 50%-50% combination runs. The external combination ripped extremely slow at 3.14 MB/s (as shown in second uploaded screen capture). I have uploaded two screen captures. The first used v8.0.2 and the second used v8.0.23 Beta. Comments? I downloaded all AnyDVD files from the Redfox website.

Attachments

• Current_v8.020_BOTH-Burn_BOTH-HDD_Redacted.jpg
    Current_v8.020_BOTH-Burn_BOTH-HDD_Redacted.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Current_v8.023-Beta_BOTH-Burn_BOTH-HDD_Redacted.jpg
    Current_v8.023-Beta_BOTH-Burn_BOTH-HDD_Redacted.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OK, I just completed a whole set of new tests. I made additional tests using AnyDVD v8.0.1 thru 8.0.2.3 Beta (last before v8.0.3 that I had downloaded). To repeat, I made multiple sets of simultaneously runs (2). First, reading from an internal Blu-Ray reader and ripping to an internal HDD. The second run read and ripped to external devices. The burners are identical LGs. I made a series of simultaneously runs varying only the version of AnyDVD. From using AnyDVD v8.0.1 to v8.0.2, the burners ripped about 50%-50% and both at 25 MB/s. From using AnyDVD v8.0.23 Beta to v8.0.3, the internal combination ripped about the same rate as the 50%-50% combination runs. The external combination ripped extremely slow at 3.14 MB/s (as shown in second uploaded screen capture). I have uploaded two screen captures. The first used v8.0.2 and the second used v8.0.23 Beta. Comments? I downloaded all AnyDVD files from the Redfox website.
Pete is aware of problem. See: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/slow-rips-since-updating-to-8-0-3.69999/

Attachments

• 000110_Redacted.jpg
    000110_Redacted.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7
Back