• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

P+ vs. P+ on AP

DQ

Anyone know the difference between the 2 offerings? They tend to look the same to me but I figure someone out there knows for certain.

Just trying to figure out how AS would benefit most.

Thanks

Anyone know the difference between the 2 offerings? They tend to look the same to me but I figure someone out there knows for certain.

Thanks

I've been using P+ on AP for 2 months. Works great. The only minor thing that crops up every now and then is that AS+ browser appears to log you off of AP but that's an easy fix- F5. I never considered going to P+ directly nor will I unless there's a $$$ reason to do so. But that is only my opinion since I never tried P+ directly. Hope that helps..

Does P+ have HEVC option? WIll help determine if I should sign up on their site or still use AP

I have been using Paramount on AP for a while now. Have had no problems. Been able to get all the Star Trek franchise materials.

Is there a difference between the offerings?

Reactions: DQ

Thanks

You will generally get a much higher quality download from Amazon. (which could be even higher of a bitrate should AS eventually offer a CBR download)
But...take the new Star Trek...Paramount download will provide about a 1.3gb file per episode. Amazon will generally be closer to 2gb's or more.
Many times, you will also only get 2 channel audio from Paramount while getting 6 channel on Amazon

This isn't the same for everything, but generally most newer TV series. I can't really comment on movies as I haven't downloaded many from it.

BIG POINT though....Paramount will run you about $4.99 with commercials. Amazon no long offers that option and you are looking at $9.99

Content wise...I haven't noticed any difference.

One last thing...going through AP, you get it on AP and you also get to use the website....see the sticky.

Last edited:
Does non-16:9 content on Paramount+ download with or without black bars burned into the video stream? Through Amazon there are no black bars (at least in The Good Fight), which I very strongly prefer.

Does non-16:9 content on Paramount+ download with or without black bars burned into the video stream? Through Amazon there are no black bars (at least in The Good Fight), which I very strongly prefer.
See this comment and the one after.

Looks like I’ll be continuing to use Amazon going forward
I look forward to get P+ in germany since I can't use Amz for that right now. I could, but there is no P+ channel here (maybe it will come along with P+ itself?) and Star Trek requires payment. I cannot even find DS9 there anymore. So P+ is the most wanted for me right now.

I actually did a private survey, Paramount+ was the most wanted provider by a large margin. Even though its available on Amazon it's not the same. For the people that say " Don't give me anything but 1080p this is a win-win. Paramount+ on its own has plenty of 1080p, by a large percentage.

I haven't seen many interesting things today, but I only took a quick look. Also I am most looking for Star Trek, that is the reason I want P+ so badly.

But I don't think I can judge about it's content now, only when they are fully available in germany I will do that.

Ah, thanks, that answers that question.

Looks like I’ll be continuing to use Amazon going forward!

Just don't forget to read the sticky...you can use the website also with your Amazon account...the actual website is easier to navigate to see all the content
and then you can just use the search on Amazon...or the AS Paramount interface to find what you want to grab.

I do the same with HBOMax...I use the actual website to see what's available and then search on AS for the title.

I understand why AS has a different interface than the webpage, but it is a little awkward to see everything available.

I understand why AS has a different interface than the webpage
I can only understand it partically, since you are forced to open the site in your browser as well if you want to add something to your list or remove it after downloading. That is why I think the Amz part of AS is a bit "better" or at least has the advantage that you can do this there.

Of course I know that the devs will have their reasons for doing so.

So the general consensus is to us AP for P+ then?
I think so.
Though we have to wait if we also get the channel when P+ itself arrives here. I only know that P+ will come, heard nothing about a channel on Amz.

I think so.
Though we have to wait if we also get the channel when P+ itself arrives here. I only know that P+ will come, heard nothing about a channel on Amz.
Oh.. I'm in the US. I have access to the channel. I was just wondering if P+ on AP is preferred over P+ in general.

Oh.. I'm in the US. I have access to the channel. I was just wondering if P+ on AP is preferred over P+ in general.

I started this thread and from what I can gather the offerings are at the very least similar if not identical. The consensus seems to be (at this time) that the P+ webpage (that AS now has a tab for) allows you to find more stuff more easily than does AP version of P+. However, right now the AP version has better audio quality and possibly better video quality. But at the end of the day if you have it P+ through AP you can also access the P+ page.

Speaking for me personally I am just going to use P+ via AP while the devs shake out the bugs from the newly added tab. That is not at all a condemnation of their work, it's new and such things should be expected for a time.

This is all just as of now and anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of it.

The big difference is Amazon 9.99 a month for less content and 4.99 on the P+ for more content. Maybe I am the only retired guy here , LOL.;)

Back