• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Order of audios with AS

Salotto

Goodnight.
I believe this topic has already been discussed on the forum by me and other members, but I need help.
The downloaded episodes of the series when, in my case, Portuguese and English keep changing the order all the time.
I downloaded a season of a series now with 22 episodes and 14 of them came in different
order.
My question is that when I do queue conversion to MKV it gets mixed up and the languages are completely switched. I need to manually check each episode to see where it was changed.
Is there a way to fix this problem once and for all?

That's going to be up to the provider and how they Flag the Default audio track.

You can use Mediainfo (older versions are free) and see which one has the first track in the language that you want, then either use something like MKVToolNix (free) and use the built-in Header Editor to change the flag on each file (this will not re-compress/encode); alternatively you can use something like Tdarr and have it remux for you, meaning, to arrange the tracks as you please in an automated method with a set of rules that you give it.

If you are viewing your media with something like VLC, go to Preferences> Audio> Tracks> Preferred Audio Language. Now anytime you open your files with dual audio, it will play the "correct" one.
Otherwise depending on where you are viewing your media, maybe take a look into something like Plex Media Server or Jellyfin to view your media anywhere in your home (or remotely) and set your default language. But for those last two, search the web or reddit.com/r/plex for more guidance as to using it since they alone have their own world full of topics.

To your other point that I just saw, about you already changing the container to MKV, sometimes the default audio track flag will stay at Default for both audio tracks, you would need to turn one of them off.

Last edited:
That's going to be up to the provider and how they Flag the Default audio track.

I don't think there is a default audio track since each stream is independent (not yet muxed). The web player or app for providers then chooses the appropriate track to stream based on user settings.

AnyStream then muxes the selected tracks into an mp4 file. Sometimes the order of the language tracks seems random and can change based on how many are chosen and what languages. Although there is a way to set the default track in an mp4, some players simply ignore this and treat the first track as the default.

it'd be nice if AnyStream had an option to specify which track to put as the first one.

keep changing the order all the time
Yes, it has been discussed in the past, but so far nothing has been changed (as far as I am aware of). That's the reason why I couldn't use that feature at all so far...

it'd be nice if AnyStream had an option to specify which track to put as the first one.
(y)

That would be excellent, a standardization of one or more languages in AS would mean that there would be no exchange of languages in the way I said.
The problem is not the order in MP4, but when converting to MKV in queue.
It always gets changed and messy.
Would it be possible to implement this change?

Back