• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Oppo BDP-93 production ends

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Production of new BDP-93 units has stopped. Refurbished units can still be had but availability fluctuates. Support for existing units will continue as usual. There should be a new model out later in the year but there is no hard date. I would expect the BDP-95 production to end in the near future, as well, but they may keep producing it longer.

Hard not to expect Cinavia to baked into new models but it really comes down to what the new model is and when it was developed and submitted.

Source: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291855/official-oppo-bdp-93-owners-thread/22740#post_22371755.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 32 GB using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:
Some info and pictures of th upcoming prototype Oppo BDP-103 & BDP-105 units: http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/profiles/blogs/2012-cedia-show-report-robert-kozel.

AVS Official OPPO BDP-103/BDP-105 Anticipation Thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428214/official-oppo-bdp-103-bdp-105-anticipation-thread.

I hope it is better than the BDP-93, which IMHO - was worse than the BDP-83 in 2D performance, like occasional stuttering, which was never fixed.
I have both units, and for 2D viewing I believe the BDP-83 is superior. To be fair, it was more expensive with less features.

Agreed concerning 2D performance, James. The 9x line offered more features at a better value but never matched the 8x performance for the features that they shared.

In defense of the 8x line with its price tag it was Oppo's first foray into Blu-Ray territory.

I'm sure that I'll wind up with a 103 but it depends on price and timing when it's released.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 32 GB using Tapatalk 2.

I have the OPPO BDP-103 and I do not have it connected to the internet. But my OPPO 103 does not have Cinavia. I believe I bought it about a month before last Xmas.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103-Support.aspx

At all? I'm confused by this. The BDP-10x players shipped with Cinavia enforcement and it's been listed in the user manual since day one.

The above being said, Cinavia enforcement is for BDMV backups. With BDMV folder playback now having been removed that means backups discs are the target. Cinavia is not enforced in MKV or M2TS.

At all? I'm confused by this. The BDP-10x players shipped with Cinavia enforcement and it's been listed in the user manual since day one.

The above being said, Cinavia enforcement is for BDMV backups. With BDMV folder playback now having been removed that means backups discs are the target. Cinavia is not enforced in MKV or M2TS.
I believe I might have bought one of the first ones in production because I know there is a firmware update I just won't let it happen.;) It cost 499.99 at the time of purchase, they may be cheaper now.

I believe I might have bought one of the first ones in production because I know there is a firmware update I just won't let it happen.;)

Very very interesting. You're the only person I've ever talked to - including early adopters - who have a BDP-10x that doesn't enforce Cinavia. Then again maybe they simply were misleading me. I don't know but this is news to me.

It cost 499.99 at the time of purchase, they may be cheaper now.

Oppo players retain their value very very well. The price never drops and I've never seen one on sale in the retail market. Used is another story but people still ask for a premium price and if they don't then I'd be wary.

Back