Only getting AAC audio on Netflix

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by towboat, Sep 23, 2020.

1. towboat

towboat Member

Attaching the log. Nevermind the naming, I used the wrong template. Tried with multiple titles, but no luck. I'm 100% positive that the Breaking Bad movie has 5.1 DDP audio, however it's not downloading for me. My device supports this audio format and I'm pretty sure the account does too (the standard full hd plan)

Attached Files:

2. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

Thanks, I will check for what may cause such a thing. But, first, please make sure that Dolby option is enabled in AnyStream's settings.

3. towboat

towboat Member

It's enabled, yes. Getting the proper audio with Prime.
    I don't know what browser core AnyStream is using, but maybe some of this code can help:
    https://github.com/jangxx/netflix-1080p

Actually, has the dev team been able to get 5.1 audio from NF with anystream during testing? Hopefully it's just an issue on my end.

Thanks

4. Prospere

AnyStream is not using any browser component with Netflix. All is an in-house development.
    I've seen netflix-1080p. Haven't tried it, though.

AnyStream is definitely able to fetch 5.1 audio from Netflix IF available. This is not necessarily a problem on your end, as this may be anything, beginning with Netflix not serving that to AnyStream and up to some "not-so-smart" logic in my code.

Anyway, I am on this issue and hope to have it fixed (or explained, if it is not related to the code) ASAP.

Robert Gram and Aeneas72 like this.
  5. towboat

towboat Member

That's great to hear! :thankyou:

6. mythix

mythix Member

same problem on my end for netflix

7. Chaewon

Chaewon Member

8. sukafido

sukafido Member

Same problem here, only getting AAC 2.0 while DD+ is availble.

Attached Files:

9. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Did you enable the setting under the "download" tab for surround sound?

10. sukafido

sukafido Member

Yes I did... 7IxfhtJW_o.png

11. Ch3vr0n

That's a belgian show going by the filename but the UI shows english. Since i'm from there, i grabbed it too. Can confirm your results. However since i'm getting 5.1 on other shows, i'm going to assume for now, that that particular show only has stereo sound available from Netflix. One of the dev's will need to confirm.

12. sukafido

sukafido Member

I've never gotten DD+ via Anystream. Tried almost every type of content, but without any luck... I can confirm the content I tried does have DD+ 2.0 or 5.1 (downloaded it manually without Anystream), but in both cases I always keep getting AAC 2.0 low bitrate.

13. Ch3vr0n

Hmm, see if you can grab "Star Trek Discovery". That's the one i'm currently doing now. It has 5.1 audio but in HE-AAC (High Efficiency AAC), i can guarantee you that, whether you get it. You'll have to tell us. Can't say i've ever gotten DD myself

14. Prospere

The question is whether 5.1 is available for this specific show.

15. sukafido

sukafido Member

For this specific show only DD+ 2.0, but I still ain't getting that...

16. sukafido

sukafido Member

Just tried Episode 01 from that show, I did get HE-AAC 5.1 @192 kb/s, while there's a E-AC-3 5.1 HQ @448kbps available..

17. Ch3vr0n

So at least that means your settings are correct and you can actually get 5.1 surround. That's good. This means there's likely an "issue" at the Netflix side offering 2.0 where 5.1 is available. Now, as to why you don't get 5.1 DD, i have no idea. Can't say i ever gotten that myself. @Prospere any clue?

18. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I just downloaded a movie from AnyStream that resulted in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.

It's Tolkien.

T

19. Prospere

AnyStream looks for higher bitrate. If it detects 5.1 stream, it then only checks 5.1 streams for higher bitrate. Thus, there are two options, either AnyStream is not being offered the E-AC-3/448kbps stream, or there's a bug in AnyStream. At the moment I can't rule out either.

Bottom line - I will check this all as soon as Netflix login issue is resolved, as that has much higher priority at the moment. I've put it on my task list.

20. moxred

moxred New Member

I have been stalking some of the thread regarding this issue. I am pretty sure that most, if not all, of the NF movies I downloaded should have DD+ but for some reason AS only gives me AAC for them. It's nice to know that this is still in the radar though might not be priority right now. Thanks Prospere!