• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Only getting AAC audio on Netflix

towboat

Attaching the log. Nevermind the naming, I used the wrong template. Tried with multiple titles, but no luck. I'm 100% positive that the Breaking Bad movie has 5.1 DDP audio, however it's not downloading for me. My device supports this audio format and I'm pretty sure the account does too (the standard full hd plan)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.1.0.astlog
    5.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks, I will check for what may cause such a thing. But, first, please make sure that Dolby option is enabled in AnyStream's settings.

Thanks, I will check for what may cause such a thing. But, first, please make sure that Dolby option is enabled in AnyStream's settings.

It's enabled, yes. Getting the proper audio with Prime.
I don't know what browser core AnyStream is using, but maybe some of this code can help:
https://github.com/jangxx/netflix-1080p

Actually, has the dev team been able to get 5.1 audio from NF with anystream during testing? Hopefully it's just an issue on my end.

Thanks

AnyStream is not using any browser component with Netflix. All is an in-house development.
I've seen netflix-1080p. Haven't tried it, though.

AnyStream is definitely able to fetch 5.1 audio from Netflix IF available. This is not necessarily a problem on your end, as this may be anything, beginning with Netflix not serving that to AnyStream and up to some "not-so-smart" logic in my code.

Anyway, I am on this issue and hope to have it fixed (or explained, if it is not related to the code) ASAP.

Same problem here, only getting AAC 2.0 while DD+ is availble.

Attachments

• Eigen kweek.S01E01.Een interessante investering.astlog
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
That's a belgian show going by the filename but the UI shows english. Since i'm from there, i grabbed it too. Can confirm your results. However since i'm getting 5.1 on other shows, i'm going to assume for now, that that particular show only has stereo sound available from Netflix. One of the dev's will need to confirm.

That's a belgian show going by the filename but the UI shows english. Since i'm from there, i grabbed it too. Can confirm your results. However since i'm getting 5.1 on other shows, i'm going to assume for now, that that particular show only has stereo sound available from Netflix. One of the dev's will need to confirm.
I've never gotten DD+ via Anystream. Tried almost every type of content, but without any luck... I can confirm the content I tried does have DD+ 2.0 or 5.1 (downloaded it manually without Anystream), but in both cases I always keep getting AAC 2.0 low bitrate.

Hmm, see if you can grab "Star Trek Discovery". That's the one i'm currently doing now. It has 5.1 audio but in HE-AAC (High Efficiency AAC), i can guarantee you that, whether you get it. You'll have to tell us. Can't say i've ever gotten DD myself

The question is whether 5.1 is available for this specific show.

Hmm, see if you can grab "Star Trek Discovery". That's the one i'm currently doing now. It has 5.1 audio but in HE-AAC (High Efficiency AAC), i can guarantee you that, whether you get it. You'll have to tell us. Can't say i've ever gotten DD myself
Just tried Episode 01 from that show, I did get HE-AAC 5.1 @192 kb/s, while there's a E-AC-3 5.1 HQ @448kbps available..

Just tried Episode 01 from that show, I did get HE-AAC 5.1 @192 kb/s, while there's a E-AC-3 5.1 HQ @448kbps available..

So at least that means your settings are correct and you can actually get 5.1 surround. That's good. This means there's likely an "issue" at the Netflix side offering 2.0 where 5.1 is available. Now, as to why you don't get 5.1 DD, i have no idea. Can't say i ever gotten that myself. @Prospere any clue?

AnyStream looks for higher bitrate. If it detects 5.1 stream, it then only checks 5.1 streams for higher bitrate. Thus, there are two options, either AnyStream is not being offered the E-AC-3/448kbps stream, or there's a bug in AnyStream. At the moment I can't rule out either.

Bottom line - I will check this all as soon as Netflix login issue is resolved, as that has much higher priority at the moment. I've put it on my task list.

AnyStream looks for higher bitrate. If it detects 5.1 stream, it then only checks 5.1 streams for higher bitrate. Thus, there are two options, either AnyStream is not being offered the E-AC-3/448kbps stream, or there's a bug in AnyStream. At the moment I can't rule out either.

Bottom line - I will check this all as soon as Netflix login issue is resolved, as that has much higher priority at the moment. I've put it on my task list.
I have been stalking some of the thread regarding this issue. I am pretty sure that most, if not all, of the NF movies I downloaded should have DD+ but for some reason AS only gives me AAC for them. It's nice to know that this is still in the radar though might not be priority right now. Thanks Prospere!

Back