• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

one on one help? Backing up Blu Ray collerction ISO OR MKV

Here is my Story

I have bought a KDLINKS a300 Media Player to Play either ISO or MKV files from my 4 tb hard drive.

At first I started backing up my movies with anydvd hd , and would make full back up copies however I really just wanted the main movie only , not all the special features and unused audio tracks

So I then started backing up a few of my movies into MKV format, I like this cause I can choose which titles ect I want.

NOW I have read about clone bd , it says it can single out just main titles as well ..

here is my current dilemma tho

On star wars a new hope , the main feature is spread across 2 files

the first file has the beginning rolling credits for the movie and the first few minutes of the film, and the the rest of the film are on another file.

so that kicks out me making a mkv. so I just opened this in clonebd... do I just select both titles and then when I open the iso or mkv which ever I make will it combine them ?

p.s. Am I going about the right way to back up my movies to play on my media player

Yes, the way you're describing your preferences, I'd say MKV is the way to go for you.
And yes, CloneBD will combine those files automatically.

thaks pete, wow that was fast, didn't think I would get any replies this fast lol

Ok , I am eager to get home and give this a go.

so you do know what I am talking about on the star wars blu rays ?

theres nothing I have to do to combine the two titles, last night I had it pulled up on my computer and I seen the title selected that had the begninng credits and the title with the rest of the movie.

Is there a combine button or something I have to do before I make it into whatever I want?

I used to back up dvds years ago , but I decided to do my blu rays because I love the idea of my media player looking like Netflix with the movie covers ect. PLUS IM lazy and don't want to get up to look for and change discs in my ps3 everytime I wanna watch one of my COOL scenes lol

SORRY , but I forgot to mention when I made my 12 MKV files I used MAKMKV program, I like anydvd hd tho a lot , its just I DONT want that massive of files backed up cause of not wanting the special features....

if clonebd will make as good of quality mkv as the MAKMKV program , I will give it a go this afternoon when I get off work .

Well - I do believe, that MakeMKV should have combined them as well.
CloneBD should display titles and the title for the main movie should automatically include both of those files.

That movie uses angles (for this text-roll at the beginning) to implement the different languages. That's why there are those different files in this case.
CloneBD lets you choose which angle you want.

well I cant speak for clonebd but makmkv program did not combine the two files , because when I opened it , it started about 3 minutes or more into the movie.

When I opened it up in mkv there were varius titles and I only selected the main title, if I add the other title as well with mkv I think it will make two separate mkv files instead of one with them joined.

I am still learning stuff , I have researched and LEARNED ALOT in 4 days.. last week I didn't even know what m2ts, iso, or mkvs were, I catch on easily

Ive heard that DISNEY does this spread title thing on their movies to make it harder to back them up.

When I play mkvs from MAKMKV on my player that has a DOLBY TRU HD track the video skips, I don't think this is MAKMKV program tho, I think its a firmware issue, MKVS with DTS HD sound play perfectly
\

'Seamless branching' is fairly common, sometimes 20+ stream files, both CloneBD and MakeMKV will handle these fine though.

It sounds like you are selecting a partial title/playlist in MakeMKV, somewhere in this list will be the full movie - check the runtime listed for the title in MakeMKV and make sure you find one that matches the correct runtime.

You can try CloneBD instead it can be smarter than MakeMKV and may automatically choose the full movie. It has a nice preview player so you can check each title first.

If you still have problems, you could also post an AnyDVD logfile, so we can see exactly what layout this disc has and help you further.

Ok thanks. I will try when I get home one more time with makmkv. And if I still can't get it I will try bdclone.

In either case tho would you still recommend that I do mkv even if I have to use bdclone

Ok thanks for all your help. :). I do appreciate it

I'll give an update late tonight or early tomorrow on the outcome.

I'll have to check into the angle thing you mentioned lol. I don't know what that is

Also I'll take pics with my phone of the makmkv chapter list after I open the movie

Ok. Bdclone failed right away trying to make a mkv of matrix reloaded. Says error creating auxiliary surface

Update: Don't know why buyin tried again and it now says transcoding my file. Here we go. Hope it works

I hope it speeds up. Right now it says it's gonna take 8 hours ..... Makmkv takes 30 minutes lol

I cancelled the mkv. I'll just do iso I guess for movies with Dolby tru hd. For some reason mkv files that have Dolby tru hd don't work right on my media player. But the Dolby tru hd works fine reading it from an ISO. I know because I've played it from the complete back up of a movie I made from the rip image setting on anydvd hd

I am now creating an ISO of the main movie title only tho using anydvd hd and bdcloner. Hopefully it works

I was able to create matrix reloaded ISO with anydvd hd and bdclone

Beetlejuice failed 2 times.

Said failed

Better the save in MKV (full quality if you want) than ISO due to seamless branching.

Back