older versions of anydvd

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by jboyette01, May 27, 2007.

1. jboyette01

jboyette01 New Member

Is there a way to install older versions of anydvd? Since I purchased anydvd and installed version 6.1.5.5 I have been having probles making backups of my movies, freeze up and/or just quit playing after burn. I don't know if I am just having problems with a conflict on something on my puter but had no problems with 6.1.5.3 and I can't find a way to get that version back. Also, if I do download old version will it automatically have my purchase key or will I need to do something to get it back. Sorry for being so green at this but all very new to me.
    Jack

2. zebadee

zebadee Well-Known Member

3. jboyette01

jboyette01 New Member

anydvd updates

thanks for comeback zebadee and appriciate the update info. When I download it, if it shows me back to the trial version, is all I have to do is click on my key.anydvd to put it back to my full membership?
    Thanks again, Jack

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Keep your key backed up somewhere before you uninstall AnyDVD. Then after the install use your key. Don't forget to do a reboot after the uninstall and running Advanced Windows Care wouldn't hurt either.

5. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

since anydvd sets a system restore point before installing (and provided you haven't made any software changes to your system in the meantime) you can go back to the previous version simply by doing a system restore choosing the point anydvd set before it installed.
    but what i do is keep the last previous anydvd program on my hard drive just in case a version (maybe a beta but not yet) causes a problem.

6. jboyette01

jboyette01 New Member

old version of anydvd

Thanks all for your help. Hopefully can someday return it.
    Jack