• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Old Decrypted Blu-Ray Not Working

Kragnos8

I was using AnyDVD 7.1.8.0 back in the day to backup a Blu-ray movie I had using the Rip Video to Hard Disk function. It dumped out 2 folders: AACS and BDMV. I didn't notice this at the time.

I'm just now going through my library and converting everything to MKVs and this movie won't convert. I get the following error message from MakeMKV:

Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\mike/.MakeMKV/MKB_v35_Fast_and_Furious_6_0868.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I'm started thinking that maybe there was an issue back with 7.1.8.0 trying to decrypt this movie (Fast and the Furious 6) so I tried ripping the folder back to an ISO, mounting the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive, and then reprocessing it with AnyDVD 8.3.4.0. It starts to analyze the ISO, but then errors and gives this message:

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 35
couldn't retrieve AGID!
Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Is this just a lost cause? Anyone have any thoughts, tips or tricks on getting this to convert to MKV so it can play on Plex?

Thanks!

If the AACS folder was copied, then it wasn't decrypted.

You need to post a log file at least from the ISO for any further information.

Sorry Pete...should've done that when I posted the original message. Please see attached...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.0_Info_Z_FAST6.ziplog
    176.3 KB · Views: 3
That's a PROTECTED iso alright, not a decrypted one. It seems AnyDVD may not have encountered that disc before and as such can't decrypt the protected ISO. It needs to process the original encrypted first (to retrieve the AGID). After which the protected backup SHOULD work too.

Sorry Pete...should've done that when I posted the original message. Please see attached...
There's not much anyone can do.
AnyDVD can't identify the ISO so this disc has either never been seen by any instance of AnyDVD before, or - more likely - the ISO is for some reason slightly modified (partially decrypted? But not by AnyDVD?).

Impossible to decrypt now without a Volume ID. Delete it.

Thanks all! Saved me tons of time and energy trying to figure this out!

Back