• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not possible to download using older versions?

Hi.

After installing the latest version, I noticed the show I wanted to download (Rain or Shine) is not available in 1080p, so I downgraded to 1.2.8.4 which worked fine with the first episode previously, but it seems I can't download using this older version anymore. Are we now forced to use a newer version?

I am not sure if this is a bug or if it was by design, though probably the latter, so I'm including my log file just in case. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.4.astlog
    112.1 KB · Views: 0
Look at the sticky posts in yellow at the top.

Look at the sticky posts in yellow at the top.
I'm not talking about the download issues-- I am aware of them. I'm saying that the program tells me my version is too old and that I have to upgrade in order to use it.

I'm not talking about the download issues-- I am aware of them. I'm saying that the program tells me my version is too old and that I have to upgrade in order to use it.

I was pointing you to where you can download older versions.

I was pointing you to where you can download older versions.
I'm already using an older version and know where to get them though, so while I appreciate your reply, it doesn't address what I'm asking about.

I'm already using an older version and know where to get them though, so while I appreciate your reply, it doesn't address what I'm asking about.

I use 1.2.8.4 without issue. Yes, it prompts you at each startup about the new version but you can tell it no each time

I use 1.2.8.4 without issue. Yes, it prompts you at each startup about the new version but you can tell it no each time
Not necessarily. This also happened to me and an older version would not let me continue. I just got the pop-up that this version was too old and I needed to download a newer version. Because an older version works for you, does not mean it does for all. I do not know why some get the pop-up and others don't, but it does happen.

Just guessing here.

I wonder if the older versions will continue to work until you upgrade. After that, downgrading won't work?

If that is the case, I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstall with the older version. I have had to do that before.

I just ignore the upgrade notices.

Let us know. I'm curious.

Personally, right now I'm just waiting till the fix is in.

Hi @10969 ,
Although the program notifies you that a newer version is available, you do not need to always upgrade for the current version to continue working. Many of us keep a few versions of the software on hand, especially during times where Provider DRM changes occur in a short period of time.

You can tell the program not to notify you of any updates if you prefer. Check out my General Settings post. Scroll down to:

upload_2022-1-18_19-46-32.png

Hi @10969 ,
Although the program notifies you that a newer version is available, you do not need to always upgrade for the current version to continue working.
As I said before, that is not necessarily true. It happened to me also. I was using 1284, the pop-up about the software being too old came up, and the program would not continue. Don't know why, but you can't just say, "That can't happen", because it does.

As I said before, that is not necessarily true. It happened to me also. I was using 1284, the pop-up about the software being too old came up, and the program would not continue. Don't know why, but you can't just say, "That can't happen", because it does.
Well, it sounds like you have it all figured out.
However, I know for a fact that none of the AS versions just stopped working after a “new version is available” notification popped up.
Oh, and when you try to quote someone, you should use “their” words and not “yours”.

Well, it sounds like you have it all figured out.
However, I know for a fact that none of the AS versions just stopped working after a “new version is available” notification popped up.
Oh, and when you try to quote someone, you should use “their” words and not “yours”.

Hi zero269.

Don't want to start any debates/arguments but...

Although you are normally correct, a few months ago I did have that happen to me also. It was a one time thing and I needed to upgrade anyway, so it didn't really cause me an issue, just had to stop and load the new version. Everything worked fine afterwards so I just blew it off and carried on.

You have the notification at the start of the program (if the checkbox is checked) and you have also another notification if the download is aborted because of the DRM, the software indicates that this title aborted can work with the new version (in 540p most of time). So you have the choice.

Not necessarily. This also happened to me and an older version would not let me continue. I just got the pop-up that this version was too old and I needed to download a newer version. Because an older version works for you, does not mean it does for all. I do not know why some get the pop-up and others don't, but it does happen.
Could be a provider specific thing, as I have been almost exclusively on Netflix and HBO max these days. And I was just telling you my experience, don't be an ass about it please.

Hi zero269.

Don't want to start any debates/arguments but...

Although you are normally correct, a few months ago I did have that happen to me also. It was a one time thing and I needed to upgrade anyway, so it didn't really cause me an issue, just had to stop and load the new version. Everything worked fine afterwards so I just blew it off and carried on.

Correct, not all versions will continue to work after a period of time due to Provider DRM changes. Some come in with the expectation that it's supposed to work 100% of the time on 100% of the content.

For users who think v1284 is supposed to last forever and will somehow get any level of personal support, they are sadly mistaken... and have no clue how this software works. Not to mention, many of the impatient types with these childish demands and disrespectful replies to those who offer help... tells me they are children and it's a waste of time and energy to reply to these individuals in the future.

@zero269
I already disregard the upgrade notice. When I tried to download episode 2 of Rain or Shine, for example, it tells me that my version is too old and it will not let me download. The download is aborted and there is no way to continue. Here are screenshots of what happens.

Version is too old
old.png

Initialization error
error1.png

Another error
error2.png

@MadMopar
I tried your suggestion and uninstalled the current version before re-installing the older one. Unfortunately it still results in the errors seen above. Thanks though.

So ... did you try the episode that worked before, again?
I remember seeing posts where one episode of a series worked and another one did not ...
That's all because of the DRM issue, you probably won't get any further here with 1.2.8.4

So ... did you try the episode that worked before, again?
I remember seeing posts where one episode of a series worked and another one did not ...
That's all because of the DRM issue, you probably won't get any further here with 1.2.8.4
Hi.

I just tried and the first episode again and it downloads fine. Episodes 2 and beyond don't seem to work. So you are saying that it's telling me my version is too old because of DRM?

FYI, Our Beloved Summer episodes 13 and 14, which are much more recent than the Rain or Shine series I'm trying to get, can be downloaded, though as with episodes 9+, they have the issue where video is corrupt after 2 minutes.

Hi.

I just tried and the first episode again and it downloads fine. Episodes 2 and beyond don't seem to work. So you are saying that it's telling me my version is too old because of DRM?

FYI, Our Beloved Summer episodes 13 and 14, which are much more recent than the Rain or Shine series I'm trying to get, can be downloaded, though as with episodes 9+, they have the issue where video is corrupt after 2 minutes.

Hi 10969.

What you are running into is the DRM problem. It really has nothing to do with the version right now. Until the DRM issue is resolved, we are all having these hit and miss issues of what gets DLed and what doesn't work.

Do like most of us do and get what you can and hope the issue gets fixed soon.

Back