• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Non-SlyPlayer related TMT Stuff

Should I just install the OEM PDVD8 and await the slysoft player? What would you do?:bowdown:
Tim

I would use PDVD7, probably the OEM version (I don't think it is much different to the retail). Stay away from PDVD9, it does not work. PDVD8 and 7 are basically identical, 7 just isn't as bloated as 8 and plays HD DVD.

I was saying that the claim that LCPM sounds different than bitstreaming is nonsense. I didn't say that you were ignorant or stupid.

I think I did now fully understand that you would be happy to ban me if I would call a person ignorant.

If you feel better to ban anyone because he uses a word in a totally different manner than you understand it, OK, then go ahead. I wouldn't like to post in a forum where people get banned because they tell their honest opinion. I can just say it again, I'm not an english native speaker, trying my best to write as good as possible what I think without willfully insulting people. It was not my intention, not at all, to insult anybody, why should I do?

Ignorant in the meaning I know it in a similar word in germany doesn't mean what you think I wanted to say.
It was in relation to what you said: "I couldn't care less..."

Where I come from people saying something like that are called ignorant in term of "not careing about other peoples opinions" (hope this doesn't mess up things again...)

It was in no way in the meaning of silly, dumb or anything else (just looked into my dictonary)

Regarding the LPCM / bitstream thing I see no further sense in talking about that. I trust my ears more than anything else regardless about the what and why.

Last edited:
I would use PDVD7, probably the OEM version (I don't think it is much different to the retail). Stay away from PDVD9, it does not work. PDVD8 and 7 are basically identical, 7 just isn't as bloated as 8 and plays HD DVD.
Yep. I completely wasted my money on an 8 upgrade and am still using 7. It plays HD-DVD and Blu-ray and even plays my Blu-ray discs more reliably than PDVD8, without all the bloat!

Where is the Auzentech mentioned in the link you posted?

I think this is absolutely clear. For me this is a logical conclusion.
What else should it be???

Everybody knows that they are working with Auzentech in the first place.

I think this is absolutely clear. For me this is a logical conclusion.
What else should it be???

Everybody knows that they are working with Auzentech in the first place.
Wrong conclusion. They are talking about cards without PAP.

Wrong conclusion. They are talking about cards without PAP.

you need to have the HDMI 1.3 and audio chip which support security path. Please be assured that PowerDVD team is working with some Audio chip vender to make sure the security issue, after this is done we could output 192kHz 16bit.

As far as I know there is no PAP on a software basis. You need the corresponding hardware and that is what I read in the am post.

So I'm pretty sure my conclusion is rock solid.

Well, we will see, I have asked the poster of this message to ask his contact of Cyberlink if he meant the Vaportech Card.

I guess I will once again be right with my assumption.

Last edited:
As far as I know there is no PAP on a software basis. You need the corresponding hardware and that is what I read in the am post.

So I'm pretty sure my conclusion is rock solid.
What are you talking about? Read again what they wrote. They didn't say the "chip" can do 16bit max.

Your conclusion is far fetched... and likely wrong, too.

...we will see!

In the end I don't really care as I have a perfectly working solution with the HDAV right NOW.

James, Thanks for your response...I will upload the PDVD7 software from the LG Blu-ray drive and await the future delivery of Slysoft Player. Thanks, Tim

James, Thanks for your response...I will upload the PDVD7 software from the LG Blu-ray drive and await the future delivery of Slysoft Player. Thanks, Tim

I would also check for updates to ensure you don't have compatibility problems with certain discs.

Back