• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Non-SlyPlayer related TMT Stuff

Huh...neat. They integrated the XONAR support in the retail version. I may have to consider this just for that sake alone. However, I don't think Slysoft has much to worry about. The game hasn't changed much. There's no lossless audio support for HD DVD. There's no lossless audio support for BD without a XONAR card. Hmm, in fact, it doesn't say that it supports HD DVD at all, does it? That's...interesting.

Ah...but how much long do we have to wait for SkySoft Player? Could you provide a range...1 month :D ...6 months :doh: ...one year :bang:

No one can give that range. My sense is that it's not going to be released soon. But there is no timeframe other than James' infamous "February" tongue in cheek comment. :D

Why should we hurry? :confused:

He's under the (mistaken) impression that TMT3 will somehow change things. The only thing it changes for me is that yes, I will be buying it when it's *ACTUALLY AVAILABLE*. However, that doesn't mean I won't use SlyPlayer when it comes out. TMT3 will be a stop gap until then. However, if they really have pulled HD DVD support (and I can't see anywhere it says they support it anymore) then you REALLY don't need to worry about it at all.

Huh...neat. They integrated the XONAR support in the retail version. I may have to consider this just for that sake alone. However, I don't think Slysoft has much to worry about. The game hasn't changed much. There's no lossless audio support for HD DVD. There's no lossless audio support for BD without a XONAR card. Hmm, in fact, it doesn't say that it supports HD DVD at all, does it? That's...interesting.

...Optical Driver
Blu-ray Disc drvier for BD Playback and HD DVD drivers for HD DVD Playback ...

http://www.arcsoft.com/public/software_title.asp?ProductID=362&dyContent=LANG_REQ

No, not really.

He's under the (mistaken) impression that TMT3 will somehow change things. The only thing it changes for me is that yes, I will be buying it when it's *ACTUALLY AVAILABLE*. However, that doesn't mean I won't use SlyPlayer when it comes out. TMT3 will be a stop gap until then. However, if they really have pulled HD DVD support (and I can't see anywhere it says they support it anymore) then you REALLY don't need to worry about it at all.

Well, every customer who is buying any of the current versions that is satisfied with them (me included) won't spend any additional money on a Slyplayer.

And again: HD-DVD is a DEAD format, it couldn't be more dead than that. I know it's hard to get that...

However, you're wrong with your assumption, HD-DVD seems to be supported but its obvious that for a new Player, HD-DVD is not worth mentioning...

PS: Some stores in europe beginn to DESTROY HD-DVD's because no one is buying them any more and they are lying in the store shelfs like a stone....

Last edited:
Well, every customer who is buying any of the current versions that is satisfied with them (me included) won't spend any additional money on a Slyplayer.

And again: HD-DVD is a DEAD format, it couldn't be more dead than that. I know it's hard to get that...

However, you're wrong with your assumption, HD-DVD seems to be supported but its obvious that for a new Player, HD-DVD is not worth mentioning...

PS: Some stores in europe beginn to DESTROY HD-DVD's because no one is buying them any more and they are lying in the store shelfs like a stone....

Why am I wrong, because you quoted a page that hasn't changed between TMT2 and TMT3? NO WHERE does it ACTUALLY state that it supports HD DVD playback in the feature page. I don't care what the requirements page says. I have an open question into ArcSoft about this so we'll see what they say. And what YOU don't seem to get about HD DVD is that WE HAVE DISCS WE WANT TO PLAY. SlyPlayer will support them. ArcSoft may not. PowerDVD definitely does not. I'm not going to convert 30+ discs without menus just to watch them. And who says anyone buying TMT3 is going to be fully satisfied with it? While TMT2 is currently my favorite player, it's FAR from perfect. The fact that I am stuck with ancient ATI drivers while waiting for them to release a patch that works with drivers from this year should tell you that it's not even close to perfect. What about the people who'd like to use it but can't because it crashes their machine? Are they satisfied? ArcSoft TMT is great when it works, but, it's still got the same limitations that it's always had...it's got way too much protection code in it to make it stable. I doubt TMT3 changes that very much. And, like I said, it's still not available to purchase...it's only been "announced".

Well, then don't. A lot of other people are *not* satisfied with the existing players. And as I already said, I don't even see TMT or PowerDVD as competitors.

Well, then don't. A lot of other people are *not* satisfied with the existing players. And as I already said, I don't even see TMT or PowerDVD as competitors.

I agree. And ArcSoft doesn't see SlyPlayer as a competitor, either. Different markets. :agree:

Why am I wrong, because you quoted a page that hasn't changed between TMT2 and TMT3? NO WHERE does it ACTUALLY state that it supports HD DVD playback in the feature page. I don't care what the requirements page says. I have an open question into ArcSoft about this so we'll see what they say. And what YOU don't seem to get about HD DVD is that WE HAVE DISCS WE WANT TO PLAY. SlyPlayer will support them. ArcSoft may not. PowerDVD definitely does not. I'm not going to convert 30+ discs without menus just to watch them. And who says anyone buying TMT3 is going to be fully satisfied with it? While TMT2 is currently my favorite player, it's FAR from perfect. The fact that I am stuck with ancient ATI drivers while waiting for them to release a patch that works with drivers from this year should tell you that it's not even close to perfect. What about the people who'd like to use it but can't because it crashes their machine? Are they satisfied? ArcSoft TMT is great when it works, but, it's still got the same limitations that it's always had...it's got way too much protection code in it to make it stable. I doubt TMT3 changes that very much. And, like I said, it's still not available to purchase...it's only been "announced".

Lol, I'm a Marketing Manager of a big european industrial company and have many years of experience when it comes to product launches and product cycles. No company on earth which is driven by money (I guess most of them are...) will fully support a format that is dead as dead can be. And that is what HD-DVD's are. I understand your bitterness about the fact that HD-DVD was actually killed by BD (I was also a HD-DVD supporter and hoped it will win) but people should begin to accept that there is no benefit for a company developing Products to support old, dead formats.

No company on earth (underlying the normal legal rules) will make any money from a player supporting a dead format. Also Slysoft will not make money due to HD-DVD support. They will make money because they just do things others are legally not allowed to do.

If you like to play ur beloved HD-DVD's, go into a store which fire sells these old HD-DVD SA Players for a few $ and here you are...

I rather want a Player perfectly supporting BD'S than a Player supporting everything but nothing in perfection.

And by all respect to Slysoft, how on earth will you know that they will release a product with all bells and whistles that has absolutely no compatibility issues? I guess its virtually impossible, thats a fact.

Last edited:
Oh please let's not bring the whole "is HD-DVD dead?" and "what does 'dead' really mean?" debate here. You may well know they just had to cull a couple of pages off a thread on avsforums because of a pointless war of words that went absolutely nowhere.

As James said, if you're content with TMT then what's the problem? I disagree with your legal assertion. Companies can legally do whatever they want with their player. They are bound by a LICENSE agreement they make in order to have official support for AACS encrypted content. If they chose to release a player that didn't have to worry about that licensing arrangement, they could in fact do whatever they want. That is the path Slysoft appears to be taking. Let AnyDVD HD deal with protection issues and let the player do what it does best...play content. A *LOT* of the issues surrounding the two big players right now center around the protection they have to put in place. Lots of code that does nothing but protect content. It has no value to the consumer, yet, we all pay for it. And in fact, rather than adding value, it in actuality reduces the value of our content unless we have ONE specific piece of hardware. Awesome. SlyPlayer is about giving people a choice. The choice to enjoy their content uninhibited by the stringent rules set forth by the licensing agency. I don't see this as a bad thing. And hey, if they add HD DVD support, you really don't believe people would buy it? Hmm, let me think...I helped pioneer the patch to restore HD DVD playback in PowerDVD 8. How popular do you think that was? Regardless of how dead a format it is, people still want to play back what they have. And if a player comes out with support for it vs the existing players that don't, you can bet that'll weigh in on some people's purchasing decisions.

And still, as I wrote already in an other post, LPCM sounds different to bitstream.

That is complete nonsense.

So with that setup at least you here the difference.

No. All that proves is there is a difference in decoding from the source vs from the receiver. Big deal
I'll follow scientific theory and testing before I follow erroneous testing methods from end-users. Medium-end hardware doesn't change the fact that all other things being equal LPCM makes no difference. In practise, yes, for end-users there may always be a difference due to where decoding is taking place (on most end-user equipment I can hear the difference). But you keep believing what you want. In sound labs, there is no difference.

By the way, anyone into gaming should avoid that Xonar card; its EAX implementation is horrible.

Last edited:
Oh please let's not bring the whole "is HD-DVD dead?" and "what does 'dead' really mean?" debate here. You may well know they just had to cull a couple of pages off a thread on avsforums because of a pointless war of words that went absolutely nowhere.

Aehm, what discussion, HD-DVD is dead, who says its not?
I thought I am on planet earth...
But I will end this discussion here as there is no sense in it (for me at least)

Last edited:
That is complete nonsense.

No. All that proves is there is a difference in decoding from the source vs from the receiver. Big deal
I'll follow scientific theory and testing before I follow erroneous testing methods from end-users. High end hardware doesn't change the fact that all other things being equal LPCM makes no difference. In practise, yes, for end-users there may always be a difference due to where decoding is taking place. But you keep believing what you want.

Anyone into gaming should avoid that Xonar card; its EAX implementation is horrible.

EDITED...

If you have an oppinion that in your eyes/ears there is no difference, OK.
But please do not say that what I defenitely KNOW for a fact is nonsense (I did the blind testing with others on absoulte top notch high-end gear agreeing on what I wrote!).

Thanks a lot!

And if people buy a high-end audio card for gaming, well, then nobody can help these people...
HDAV is a hig-end Blu-Ray Audio card and not a tool for gamers to hear their games in EAX 5 or whatsoever.
Is there a SA Player with EAX support on the market?

Last edited:
Aehm, what discussion, HD-DVD is dead, who says its not?
I thought I am on planet earth...
But I will end this discussion here as there is no sense in it (for me at least)

:rolleyes:

Back