• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No RedFox license required for CloneDVDMobile? But I already bought one

History: Under Slysoft, it was stated that when CloneBD is stabilized, the next product to undergo a major makeover would be clonedvdmobile. The unanticipated change to the RedFox project has changed the priorities. I believe that the feeling was CloneCD would not need any significant changes once it was updated to Windows 10 compatability.

The Post: It's not really confusing. It basically says things are fluid. At the present time, an upgrade is not needed. However, that could change. There is also an addition that to show your support, it would be nice to get those licenses now. With bundling and other discounts, it would be a prudent move.

I know the history. A policy change like this is something like I have never seen before. I support RedFox as much as the next guy but this was an unmitigated mistake. The Post needed to be made at the time RedFox came online and presented its pricing structure, not after some people have ALREADY BOUGHT A LICENSE. The discount doesn't really matter because they will offer it again "if" it will later be required to buy a license to use CDVDM. Any price difference would be insignificant.

Unbelievable. It's not the end of the world but I can't believe you guys did this.

not after some people have ALREADY BOUGHT A LICENSE.
We can hope that IF a time does come when a RedFox license is required for CloneCD or CloneDVD mobile, all non-expired licenses bought from the RedFox shop would be replaced free of charge (if they are not already compatible ;)), and licenses bought via SlySoft would need to be replaced. That would seem logical to me.

For SlySoft purchased license holders, RedFox ARE honouring licenses for CloneCD & CloneDVD mobile.
RedFox are not obliged to do so, but as product development is (seems) not as active, with updates being rare, this could be a possible reason why they are doing so.

Last edited:
We can hope that IF a time does come when a RedFox license is required for CloneCD or CloneDVD mobile, all non-expired licenses bought from the RedFox shop would be replaced free of charge (if they are not already compatible ;)), and licenses bought via SlySoft would need to be replaced. That would seem logical to me.
I think this will happen - not when but will happen.

For SlySoft purchased license holders, RedFox ARE honouring licenses for CloneCD & CloneDVD mobile.
RedFox are not obliged to do so, but as product development is (seems) not as active, with updates being rare, this could be a possible reason why they are doing so.
Since Slysoft is no longer behind CloneCD/CloneDVDmobile development it be natural that RedFox would update and this will require a new license they have to update and doing so would require a new license all software does this not just RedFox look at Microsoft Windows you don't get a upgrade for free-not with standing the Win10 free debacle but in general major software upgrades are not free you pay to use major updates. That is a fact of life shareware is free only when the authore deems so or when they have time and that could be years in the making as oppose to paid software that gets update sooner because they have the financial means to do so.

To be fair, there has never been an official statement from RedFox about the necessity to buy a new license for CloneCD or CloneDVD mobile, even if someone said otherwise.
Though, thanks for your support!

To be fair, there has never been an official statement from RedFox about the necessity to buy a new license for CloneCD or CloneDVD mobile, even if someone said otherwise.
Though, thanks for your support!
Then one doesn't look at the purchase page it does indicate a RedFox that one can buy and one can take a note from that what the future has plans for. So one better be prepared with discount on the license or pull a higher price that is for one to decide but I rather get the new RedFox license before they stop the discount and you end up with having to get a new license. Whenever a software post a new license you can guess what will happen down the road Slysoft(dead) will no longer support it and with RedFox will require their license for support that is the nature of Software. Whether you want the discount now or pay full price later that is your choice but smart user will get license for CloneCD/CloneDVDmobile becuase the change will come regardless of what you think.

Then one doesn't look at the purchase page it does indicate a RedFox that one can buy and one can take a note from that what the future has plans for.
What plans are you talking about? Everything that needs to be said is said.

Whether you want the discount now or pay full price later that is your choice but smart user will get license for CloneCD/CloneDVDmobile becuase the change will come regardless of what you think.
Then I would like to pay the full price, because they deserve it due to the change.

Last edited:
I know the history. A policy change like this is something like I have never seen before. I support RedFox as much as the next guy but this was an unmitigated mistake. The Post needed to be made at the time RedFox came online and presented its pricing structure, not after some people have ALREADY BOUGHT A LICENSE. The discount doesn't really matter because they will offer it again "if" it will later be required to buy a license to use CDVDM. Any price difference would be insignificant.

Unbelievable. It's not the end of the world but I can't believe you guys did this.
My understanding of Ch3vr0n's post is that it was directed at the holders of SlySoft licenses I don't think RedFox license holders will be required to purchase a further RedFox license. As a holder of a Clone DVD Mobile LTL I would feel aggrieved if I had to buy another licence because the product has gone along with very few updates and has remained flawed for several years as a Slysoft product. That is to say the flaw was not corrected because the developers had other priorities. That is why I think the arguments that applied to requiring a new license for AnyDVD HD do not apply in the case of Clone Mobile DVD LTL holders. Nevertheless it is a matter for RedFox management to decide.

The wording has been chosen precisely to be very simple. Can't believe some people still missunderstand it. The latest release of CDVDm & CCD accept both slysoft and redfox licenses. If you've got a slysoft license and you didn't get a redfox one when you purchased a new anydvd license, CDVDm will work just fine for the time being, even when the engine gets updated. But as stated that may change at any given time. Completely new buyers will naturally get a redfox license and will obviously have nothing to worry about if at some point an udpate was released that specifically required a redfox license, since they'd already have one.

The only product right now that actively requires a valid redfox license is AnyDVD HD, because it requires constant maintenance and updates to work with the latest releases.

That, and the fact that their has NEVER been a statement that either CDVDm or CCD would require a redfox license!

I asked this specific question prior to buying the lifetime license for CloneDVD Mobile. I specifically asked for someone on Staff to give me an answer. I am not upset that I purchased a new RedFox license. I did it primarily to get the bundle discount and also to show my support for the new RedFox Project. I do however wish someone on Staff would of answered the question before my purchase. I am not sure how many other people read my thread and did the exact same thing. They may or may not of had the same intentions that I had. RedFox does not need the bad publicity for another Life Time Licensing issue.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clone-dvd-mobile-redfox-license.69291/

I thought Ch3vr0n's post was clear: *AT THE MOMENT* there are no plans to require RedFox licenses for CCD or CDVDm. The clear implication behind that is a RedFox license MAY be required in the future; like it or not, SlySoft is dead and the RedFox developers have mouths to feed. (I wish they could have done more for us SlySoft LTL owners -- I had mine for 9 years -- but at least be thankful RedFox decided to keep offering LTLs.)

I had a SlySoft license for CCD, but not CDVDm. Since I doubt CCD will need much more significant updates (Windows 11?), I looked at dropping it from the bundle and getting just AnyDVD HD & CDVDm; it would have saved me less than €20. Since CCD could easily cost €40 or more if I had to buy a RedFox license later on, I went ahead with the full bundle. If you're unsure, that's the prudent thing to do. ;)

The wording has been chosen precisely to be very simple. Can't believe some people still missunderstand it. The latest release of CDVDm & CCD accept both slysoft and redfox licenses. If you've got a slysoft license and you didn't get a redfox one when you purchased a new anydvd license, CDVDm will work just fine for the time being, even when the engine gets updated. But as stated that may change at any given time. Completely new buyers will naturally get a redfox license and will obviously have nothing to worry about if at some point an udpate was released that specifically required a redfox license, since they'd already have one.
Yeah, I know one doesn't have to buy the RedFox lice for CCD, CDVDm but since it is there I would do so as my part to help continue developments. And buying those two gets you bundle discounts as well so that is also a incentive to buy which is what I did.

The only product right now that actively requires a valid redfox license is AnyDVD HD, because it requires constant maintenance and updates to work with the latest releases.
I don't think anyone would say otherwise for Anydvd HD.

That, and the fact that their has NEVER been a statement that either CDVDm or CCD would require a redfox license!
True but it does also say you can buy a RedFox license, so I be prudent and do my part to support ongoing development and having the RedFox license is just a insurance for future developments will continue.

And your support is greatly appreciated.
I like them and use CCD more then CDVDm but it is handy to have it when I need it especially when new media players come out I can be sure it will have new updates for them.

I thought Ch3vr0n's post was clear: *AT THE MOMENT* there are no plans to require RedFox licenses for CCD or CDVDm. The clear implication behind that is a RedFox license MAY be required in the future; like it or not, SlySoft is dead and the RedFox developers have mouths to feed. (I wish they could have done more for us SlySoft LTL owners -- I had mine for 9 years -- but at least be thankful RedFox decided to keep offering LTLs.)

I had a SlySoft license for CCD, but not CDVDm. Since I doubt CCD will need much more significant updates (Windows 11?), I looked at dropping it from the bundle and getting just AnyDVD HD & CDVDm; it would have saved me less than €20. Since CCD could easily cost €40 or more if I had to buy a RedFox license later on, I went ahead with the full bundle. If you're unsure, that's the prudent thing to do. ;)
Welcome back to the Forum, RBBrittain. Haven't seen you post on here in awhile.

Anyway, I'm glad you're helping out the RedFox Project!!

(y)

I thought Ch3vr0n's post was clear: *AT THE MOMENT* there are no plans to require RedFox licenses for CCD or CDVDm.

I think you misunderstood my statement. I just purchased a LTL of AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD Mobile and Clone CD. I did this to get the bundled discount and to support RedFox with future endeavors. My issue here is I asked for exactly what is now posted in the Sticky, for someone on Staff to give an "Official Response". I can plainly read "AT THE MOMENT" and I am absolutely good with that answer. I wonder how many people read my original post and took that answer is that once the updated Clone DVD Mobile came out it would require an updated license.

Here is a quote from my original post:

"Prior to the forums being cleared out I asked a question about the possibility of needing to renew my LTL of Clone DVD Mobile once it is re-written with the new CloneBD code. Right now, as I understand it, I am not required to get a new license for Clone DVD Mobile. My current Slysoft LTL will work with the new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.5.0 code. Somewhere on this forum I read that this is will be true until the re-write of the code for Clone DVD Mobile to include some of the code from CloneBD. Is this true?"

Then Ch3vr0n's reply in the very next post:

"This is correct, however that's not likely to happen soon."

Then out of Post #10 of this topic Ch3vr0n states:

"That, and the fact that their has NEVER been a statement that either CDVDm or CCD would require a redfox license!"

Please here me, I am not out trying to bust anyone's chops, especially Ch3vr0n, or any other moderator for that matter. He has helped me many times in the past and probably doesn't even know he did it. He does a thankless job and get paid absolutely nothing for it. I just don't like the fact that things seem to change with which way the wind is blowing. RedFox (proper), please do not put the Moderators in a position to be speaking for you. If someone asked for a clarification from a Staff Member, please make an honest and timely attempt to answer them. I realize when I asked things were chaotic and maybe you do consider this a timely response, but others buying your product may not.

Welcome back to the Forum, RBBrittain. Haven't seen you post on here in awhile.

Anyway, I'm glad you're helping out the RedFox Project!!

(y)
Thanks for the thumbs-up. I've been in & out of the hospital for months; I was actually in the hospital when I learned of the whole SlySoft / RedFox mess back in February. I wish some of it could have gone better for us longtime users, but we also know how much hard work the developers gave us for our LTLs; it's only fair for us to support them.

They didn't put me in any position. I saw the concerns about cdvdm and as the first sentence in that post states, I took it upon myself. I asked THEM for clarification, redfox currently has better things to do that to create stickies or answer questions on the forum.

I think you misunderstood my statement. I just purchased a LTL of AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD Mobile and Clone CD. I did this to get the bundled discount and to support RedFox with future endeavors. My issue here is I asked for exactly what is now posted in the Sticky, for someone on Staff to give an "Official Response". I can plainly read "AT THE MOMENT" and I am absolutely good with that answer. I wonder how many people read my original post and took that answer is that once the updated Clone DVD Mobile came out it would require an updated license.

Here is a quote from my original post:

"Prior to the forums being cleared out I asked a question about the possibility of needing to renew my LTL of Clone DVD Mobile once it is re-written with the new CloneBD code. Right now, as I understand it, I am not required to get a new license for Clone DVD Mobile. My current Slysoft LTL will work with the new RedFox Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.5.0 code. Somewhere on this forum I read that this is will be true until the re-write of the code for Clone DVD Mobile to include some of the code from CloneBD. Is this true?"

Then Ch3vr0n's reply in the very next post:

"This is correct, however that's not likely to happen soon."

Then out of Post #10 of this topic Ch3vr0n states:

"That, and the fact that their has NEVER been a statement that either CDVDm or CCD would require a redfox license!"

Please here me, I am not out trying to bust anyone's chops, especially Ch3vr0n, or any other moderator for that matter. He has helped me many times in the past and probably doesn't even know he did it. He does a thankless job and get paid absolutely nothing for it. I just don't like the fact that things seem to change with which way the wind is blowing. RedFox (proper), please do not put the Moderators in a position to be speaking for you. If someone asked for a clarification from a Staff Member, please make an honest and timely attempt to answer them. I realize when I asked things were chaotic and maybe you do consider this a timely response, but others buying your product may not.
I think you misunderstood both Ch3vr0n's posts and mine. "AT THE MOMENT" means there are no CURRENT plans to require RedFox licenses for CCD or CDVDm; AFAIK that will remain true even after the CDVDm rewrite. The caveat is that RedFox is NOT required to honor SlySoft CDVDm licenses in the future; that doesn't apply to RedFox licenses. Unless RedFox is about to screw us royally (trust me, ain't gonna happen ;) ), your new RedFox CDVDm LTL will continue to work with the updated software.

Back