• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(no more) windows lockup with 3.0.2.4 - but SIMS profile NOK

And again... here is the profile ;)

Hi. It looks like the import depends on regional settings. I had to switch to English, USA. With Belgium, Dutch (using "," as a decimal separator) I got this:

Game Jackal log file - Import Profile
Log date - 10/08/2008 21:13:30
[10/08/2008 21:13:30] Extracting files.
[10/08/2008 21:13:30] Extraction complete. 7 files extracted.
[10/08/2008 21:13:30] Opening xml document.
[10/08/2008 21:13:30] Exception: '1.0' is not a valid floating point value
[10/08/2008 21:13:37] Import complete.
[10/08/2008 21:13:37] End of log file - Import Profile

Last edited:
And again... here is the profile ;)

After importing, it asked for the CD. Took <1minute. I remember I left the CD tray open, I don't know if it matters. The game wouldn't launch. Ah, yes, the path to the exe is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\De Sims 2 Vrije Tijd\TSBin in Dutch. Changed that, but GJ seemed to start/stop immediately. I must have missed something. So I tried manual launch. No luck: the game asks for the original DVD. I see my D: drive looks empty in explorer. Then, I ran 'update' on the profile. This time: success! Now I had closed the tray (obviously, empty) before I started the game. I'll attach the GJ logs for you to study. Does this help?

Attachments

• Game Jackal Logs YaZMatZ.7z.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
So the profile worked?

Yes, I could launch the game with GJ active. I rechecked today and it is still OK. One thing puzzles me: today, I have NOTHING appear under d: when GJ is active. The game nevertheless starts without a hitch. Is there a 'hidden option' in GJ to make that happen ;-)?

Nothing appearing under d: is not a big deal and can be more to do with how explorer.exe works.

Can you create a new profile (no need to delete your existing working one) and then export your newly created profile and post here. I will take a closer look.

Nothing appearing under d: is not a big deal and can be more to do with how explorer.exe works.

Can you create a new profile (no need to delete your existing working one) and then export your newly created profile and post here. I will take a closer look.

I can do that when I am back from holiday.

Back