• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(no more) windows lockup with 3.0.2.4 - but SIMS profile NOK

YaZMatZ

(no more) windows lockup with 3.0.2.4 - but SIMS profile requires workaround

Hello, This is related to the post Windows Lockup when trying to create a new Profile in 3.0.1.0 which is getting rather long and things have changed a lot. The 3.0.2.4 no longer freezes my pc. So it seems a (suspected) compatibility issue with Bitdefender 2008 has been resolved. It also seems to do a lot af work to create a profile, which is good. But SIMS 2 freetime asks for the original PC. Although the drive letter shows the correct data when GJ runs. Think we have another issue now, but getting closer. Il send all relevant logs via mail.

Last edited:
Can you try this.
Reboot machine. Insert any DVD into the drive and browse the DVD with explorer (or whatever other tool you like). Then take out the DVD and try and run the profile again.

Can you try this.
Reboot machine. Insert any DVD into the drive and browse the DVD with explorer (or whatever other tool you like). Then take out the DVD and try and run the profile again.

Interesting. I put in a dvd and browse. Nothing special. I eject the drive. Funny, I still see a directory structure in explorer. I'd expect it to give a 'drive not ready' or something equivalent. Then I run the profile and the game starts, just like you said! Remarkable...

Yes this is a bug that we are trying to sort out.

yeah, no go for me. I did what I think you said but still nothing. I went to start-run and clicked the browse button and went to my dvd drive. I double clicked my dvd drive and all the files on the world in conflict disc were there. I then ejected the dvd from the drive and started game jackal with the whole browse thing still open on the dvd drive(with the WIC picture there too even though i removed the disc???) anyways I went to created WIC profile and this time it froze even earlier lol, at step 5 it froze before i even inserted the disc and when i do insert the disc i lose all control on computer it freezes the mouse even. At step 5 the dvd tray doesn't even move once, so idk. It sure is a pain to have this happen, but I guess you get the best security for your system it comes with the worst issues lol.

I figured out a little temporary fix for this. I exit out of bitdefender 2008 and then I go to processes and end the process bdagent. Then game jackal works perfectly fine, I can make as many profiles as I want with no problems.

We have a new beta coming out in the next day or so. The drivers in this release have changed dramatically... so give this a go.

Can you create the Sim Freetime profile again and then use the profile manager to zip it up and post it here? I would like to take a look.

I tried to mail it in 3x9MB but my provider still doesn't like it. Suggestion for the zip plugin: automatically split the zip? I'll upload the file to a site so instead you can pull it in. I can't do that right now, I'll try tomorrow. Note: also tried the non-debug exe, mentioned in another post. Same thing.

Last edited:
I tried to mail it in 3x9MB but my provider still doesn't like it. Suggestion for the zip plugin: automatically split the zip? I'll upload the file to a site so instead you can pull it in. I can't do that right now, I'll try tomorrow. Note: also tried the non-debug exe, mentioned in another post. Same thing.

I tested the profile you sent... the only issue I could find was a lack of correct sector data (i.e. error 4003). Is this the message you received?

Also there is a new beta to go up in the next few hours (beta v3.1.0.2). Can you test this with "The Sims Freetime". If it still fails, can you post the "profiler.log" file.

I tested the profile you sent... the only issue I could find was a lack of correct sector data (i.e. error 4003). Is this the message you received?

Also there is a new beta to go up in the next few hours (beta v3.1.0.2). Can you test this with "The Sims Freetime". If it still fails, can you post the "profiler.log" file.

Hello, I attached the logs corresponding to the profile yoy are talking about. GJ doesn't give an error. The D: drive looks empty after starting the profile. The game asks to insert the original disk.

Attachments

• Game Jackal Logs.7z.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello, I attached the logs corresponding to the profile yoy are talking about. GJ doesn't give an error. The D: drive looks empty after starting the profile. The game asks to insert the original disk.

v3.1.0.2 = nok with SIMS... I attached the logs

Attachments

• Game Jackal Profile Logs.7z.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 1
v3.1.0.2 = nok with SIMS... I attached the logs

v3.1.0.3 not ok either. Doesn't look promising. First tried to repair the 3.1.0.2 profile. GJ says something along the lines 'couldn't complete'. So I threw away this old profile. Profiling now took 10 minutes instead of 2. Still nothing appeared under my D: drive. I tried my old "zoo tycoon" profile. GJ asked for the CD. After that, the profile works fine. I think I'll try V3.1.0.5 when it's out :)

So to clarify... The Sims Freetime is still not working?

So to clarify... The Sims Freetime is still not working?
I'm sorry, SIMS 2 was indeed not working yesterday, it requested the original disk. I also noted this: a few hours after this post my pc was still running, although I had started shutdown. It said bdagent wasn't responding and that's part of bitdefender. I clicked 'end task' but still no shutdown, I had to power down the pc. I can't run this pc without antivirus, but I'm wondering how involved this A/V program is... Zoo Tycoon works, SIMS doesn't. I could try the bitdefender 2009 beta... Some time ago I tried out 'online armor' - this is more HIPS less antivirus. I had a few troubles with it which didn't surprise me: it has to hook even more of the O/S than bitdefender to monitor behaviour. Matthew, do you know how bitdefender interferes with GJ?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, SIMS 2 was indeed not working yesterday, it requested the original disk. I also noted this: a few hours after this post my pc was still running, although I had started shutdown. It said bdagent wasn't responding and that's part of bitdefender. I clicked 'end task' but still no shutdown, I had to power down the pc. I can't run this pc without antivirus, but I'm wondering how involved this A/V program is... Zoo Tycoon works, SIMS doesn't. I could try the bitdefender 2009 beta... Some time ago I tried out 'online armor' - this is more HIPS less antivirus. I had a few troubles with it which didn't surprise me: it has to hook even more of the O/S than bitdefender to monitor behaviour. Matthew, do you know how bitdefender interferes with GJ?

Nope... I have run tests with it and could not reproduce any issues (I will have another go). I will also post an exported Freetime profile to see if that works (it's on a different machine... so will post in an hour or so).

Here is the exported "The Sims Freetime" profile. Let me know if this works... I will be interested to hear the results.

Here is the exported "The Sims Freetime" profile. Let me know if this works... I will be interested to hear the results.

It could be me on a saturday morning - but where did you post the profile? Also, I don't know how relevant, but it's ad Dutch version of the sims and the path differs from the English verson.

It could be me on a saturday morning - but where did you post the profile? Also, I don't know how relevant, but it's ad Dutch version of the sims and the path differs from the English verson.

Whoops... sorry about that. Once again i'm away from that machine so I cant post atm. Regarding the region differences, there is no data transfered with the exported profile, so it may not be an issue. All data is rebuilt when you import the profile... so it's worth a go anyways. I will post here in the next few hours.

Back