• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NF "timeout" after ~24 hrs

Kerry

Howdy friends and neighbors - I just wanted to bump this to a specific thread / topic as I'm not sure this particular issue is getting visibility / traction at RF (it may, but I haven't seen an indication that it is on the "investigation" or "fix" list)...

My experience with NF in AS+ has been this: it works fine for about 24 hours at a stretch (whether I am dl any NF content or not, whether the NF dl content is via the queue or direct) but after that, it starts prompting me to pay for content (or if I had NF items in the queue, those will crash with "Failed to retrieve Playlist").

Once this NF behavior exhibits itself (after working perfectly fine for ~24 hrs) nothing fixes it except shutting down AS+ and restarting. Then NF works fine again. It's like it has schizophrenia after ~24 hrs - according to the AS+ UI, NF knows who I am and it seems to indicate everything is fine, but under the hood where the action takes place, NF doesn't know me anymore as if I had logged out. But logging out of NF in AS+ and logging back in during that same session will not clear up this issue. The only thing that fixes it after this 24 hour time lapse is to exit AS+ and restart it.

I should note that this is not new / recent behavior - it has been like this since before the DRM issues. Knowing this behavior, and how to get around it (with a restart of AS+) means this is just an irritant and not a serious issue. But it should be investigated and fixed when possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Kerry, its always helps to add a logfile to any issue you may have. As for this one, I haven't really seen any other complaints like this but I will certainly look into it. The issue you describe sounds like a build-up cache, but that's just my personal opinion. I have never experienced this at all but maybe we can get some feedback from other users.

Last edited:
Thanks @RedFox 1 - I actually have posted logfiles on this in the past in separate threads (it's a pain to generate this error on purpose to capture a log because my queues are usually full of tasks waiting to dl content, and when this error happens I have to shutdown AS+ to recover from the error, which means my queues are gone). I'll find a previous post in the meanwhile and link to it here. I don't dl from NF as much any more (have most of what I want or need from that provider by now) so finding something worth burning a token over (and flushing the queue) is a bit of a challenge now :) but I will do that later this week to send a fresh log file.

Note that anyone can probably generate this error on demand though... just leave AS+ running for more than 24 hours, then go try to get something from NF. You should see this same issue (failed to retrieve playlist or selected content requires payment). I'll try to set up a clean error / logfile though which means I should start AS+ clean and not do anything with it for over a day and then when I go to get any NF content I''ll create a log file which should be clean at that point with no other "noise" in it from other unrelated activity with other providers.

@RedFox 1 here is a previous post where I posted a logfile with this NF error: https://forum.redfox.bz/posts/569859/

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!
If that's the case, I already told you they are aware of this issue, its an issue with the queue not with Netflix, you explained other issues that I cannot reproduce in this thread. If you want them solved show me a log file, sometimes the queue fails when it's overloaded, the files change too fast for the queue to recognize them if it's overloaded with files, yes it's a bug, yes it will be fixed. No need to bump an issue I already reported. I only load the queue a season at a time and I never had an issue, I am assuming, not being the developer, that this comes from overloading the queue. I am not going to let the queue run for 24 consecutive hours to reproduce this error, and I have no idea how you do that without running out of tokens but, if you say so I believe you. Take your time use the queue for a few hours and then use it again the next day until its fixed. Just for some extra information, I leave AS in a running state all day, not all night because I sleep also, but I have never seen this error, but others have so I know its a bug, just do as I said, slow it down until the bug is isolated. As you said this is not a priority, we have a big priority that the devs are working on right now, so this will be taken care of in due time. Thanks for reporting.

Last edited:
Thanks @RedFox 1 but this NF issue isn't a queue issue, it happens like clockwork every 24 hours. I'll send a fresh logfile later this week. If AS+ runs for more than 24 hours, whether anything is downloaded or not, NF won't work after that. Have to shut down AS+ and restart then NF works again - even for just 1 file without using any queues. It will take some time to set that up for afresh log but I'll demonstrate later this week.

Thanks

Thanks @RedFox 1 but this NF issue isn't a queue issue, it happens like clockwork every 24 hours. I'll send a fresh logfile later this week. If AS+ runs for more than 24 hours, whether anything is downloaded or not, NF won't work after that. Have to shut down AS+ and restart then NF works again - even for just 1 file without using any queues. It will take some time to set that up for afresh log but I'll demonstrate later this week.

Thanks
It could very well be that NF sees the program running for 24 consecutive hours and disengages for some odd reason. Just guessing, Why don't you let it run in your browser for 24 hours and see what happens without AS running.

It could very well be that NF sees the program running for 24 consecutive hours and disengages for some odd reason. Just guessing, Why don't you let it run in your browser for 24 hours and see what happens without AS running.
That’s an excellent test - I will set up that browser test too! Thanks for the suggestion!

Usually I am watching Netflix TV-shows using my PC Home Theater (and my favorite browser) and, after a certain time (and 6 or 8 episodes), a pop windows is asking me if I want to continue watching it. If you do not answer, Netflix is shutting down the connection until new login using the "who is watching? window. Hope it helps.

Usually I am watching Netflix TV-shows using my PC Home Theater (and my favorite browser) and, after a certain time (and 6 or 8 episodes), a pop windows is asking me if I want to continue watching it. If you do not answer, Netflix is shutting down the connection until new login using the "who is watching? window. Hope it helps.
Yes thank you it helps a lot , because I could find no errors in the logfiles.

i get this same issue...or at least one that sounds similar......my workaround for it is to pause the que for nf and abort any "stuck" downloads, and then close the nf tab and reopen it again, retry any aborted downloads and unpause...seems to do the trick.....but ya after like 24 hours of continuous nf use it errors out....sadly i dont have a log file to contribute, but thought i could confirm the issue exists and offer a better workaround so you dont have to lose all your queued material

i get this same issue...or at least one that sounds similar......my workaround for it is to pause the que for nf and abort any "stuck" downloads, and then close the nf tab and reopen it again, retry any aborted downloads and unpause...seems to do the trick.....but ya after like 24 hours of continuous nf use it errors out....sadly i dont have a log file to contribute, but thought i could confirm the issue exists and offer a better workaround so you dont have to lose all your queued material
That sounds like a better remedy for sure. I will give that a shot next time. Thanks.

Works perfectly - just had the NF timeout issue, closed the tab, reopened it, and NF is working again - no shutdown needed. Queues intact. Thanks!

I see the same. I wasn't actively downloading over the entire 24 hours but right about that time when I went to try a new download, I received that same error. Closing and reopening AS resolved it. I'm sure it's some sort of session/timeout cookie or similar. Closing the tab and reopening (or closing and opening the app) refreshes it (or establishes a new session) - either way seems like a fairly easy workaround.

I found this thread by searching for "playlist". This still happens in 1.3.2.2, and closing and re-opening the NF tab fixes it.

Netflix is having some issues, we know about it please don't fill the forum with posts. Thank you.

Back