• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New to CloneBD - How to lossless audio

30jln57

I am new to CloneBD and admit I don't know a whole lot about it.
I have seen references in some of the threads about lossless audio when cloning a BD.

When creating an MP4, I don't see lossless audio as an option in the dropdown on the Adjust Your Profile section of the Target screen. I only see Dolby Digital AC3 and AAC Advanced Audio Codec.

I see in the base.xml of the presets folder a profile for MP4.avc.
I added the following line which then gives me a selectable option for Copy Original (lossless) on the audio codec.
<stream id="1" type="audio" converter="none" encoder="copy" />

Is this acceptable to do? Or is there a better way to do this?
If this is acceptable, could the developer please add this so that when I install updates, it is still there?

Thanks,
Jerry

I am new to CloneBD and admit I don't know a whole lot about it.
I have seen references in some of the threads about lossless audio when cloning a BD.

When creating an MP4, I don't see lossless audio as an option in the dropdown on the Adjust Your Profile section of the Target screen. I only see Dolby Digital AC3 and AAC Advanced Audio Codec.

I see in the base.xml of the presets folder a profile for MP4.avc.
I added the following line which then gives me a selectable option for Copy Original (lossless) on the audio codec.
<stream id="1" type="audio" converter="none" encoder="copy" />

Is this acceptable to do? Or is there a better way to do this?
If this is acceptable, could the developer please add this so that when I install updates, it is still there?

Lossless audio for MP4 is not a trivial thing, because MP4 doesn't support many audio formats. There's only AAC and AC3 (and a few others that are not really useful for this purposes).
HD audio is not allowed, neither is DTS. And even AC3 won't be played by most players, so it's mostly down to AAC.

Back