• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New sparse file AnyDVD feature

James; how is this even possible, the best I can get is about an hour.

@DenisTheWeak
What are your specs, what Blu-ray reader can possibly read a 50 GB disc and create an ISO in 60 seconds ?
I know readers are set to read slower so they don't make so much noise and there are ways to make them read faster _ is this what you did ? But still 60 seconds !?

He is talking about the speed of the SparseChecker-tool.

james: all the images i get are non sparse (i think). My windows reports several tested images as (don't know how to say it properly in english) "The specified file is not seperated" (sparse)?

What line would windows report for a disc the DOES have sparse parts?

Not sure if i understood the question??? apologies if not
anyway
You don't see the sparse flag in explorer but it's visible in fsutil.
fsutil sparse queryflag filename
In english it will say (I just tried it): This file is [NOT] set as sparse
with NOT in caps
hope this helps?
PS You have to actively set the sparse creation setting in anydvd, the default is non-sparse

Last edited:
I know it is visible in fsutil. Hence the question. My iso's I've tested report "no sparse area's". So my question was and still is what will that fsutile report if there are sparse area's in an ISO created with the default ripper settings (non-sparse). So i know what to look for and i can recreate that image as a sparse file.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I just tried to use the sparse file option but it doesn't seem to work over Samba.
I'm running a FreeNAS server with ZFS and ripping directly to the server doesn't create sparse files.
I then tried to rip the same disc to my desktop machine, then copied the iso to my server and that one is a sparse file (22744951 blocks for the regular file, 22737407 blocks for the sparse file).
Any idea why ripping directly to my NAS doesn't create sparse files?

Also, just for the record. The iso of Dumbo (Disney, 1941) is 46.61GiB (that's 100% BD capacity). The actual data on the disk is 36.80GiB, that's almost 10GiB less!

I am running the new beta (7.1.8.1) and just made a sparse ISO of The Hobbit Part 1, ensuring the proper checkbox was actually checked. I then ran the Sparse Checker tool mentioned in this thread and it said the file was not sparse - and created on 12MB smaller. That is the same amount, roughly, that it found on all the ISOs I have run it against - all of which were made prior to this new feature.

It appears the sparse file option is not working for me.

Back