• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New RedFox AnyDVD Licenses, new AnyDVD version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George++

Is anyone else eagerly awaiting a new AnyDVD version now that they have purchased RedFox licenses? I know I am. ;)

That doesn't mean James or the other devs should put out a new version just to put out a new version. Having some actual fixes/enhancements are needed, duh. :)

off course i'm always awaiting next versions. New movies you know ;), but in all good faith. I'd say they deserve a couple weeks off. It's been a non-stop battle getting everything up and running. They deserve some time off.

Yeah, performing multiple business startup miracles in 3 months would be rather tiring. ;)

Just a question i have 3 computers will the new license work for all 3 computers

If you have 3 computers it's really better do get multiple licenses, how the licenses work hasn't been changed. 3 PC's registered with 1 license isn't really how you should do it.

Just a question i have 3 computers will the new license work for all 3 computers
Yes, one license will work on 3 computers. As long as AnyDVD is active on only 1 computer at a time, running in the background.

You'd be better off buying more than one license, really.

i only used it for my dvds the defunct anydvd worked on 2 of my older computers at the same time why does this license not do the same

Nobody said it doesn't, we said it does. It's just that you're not supposed to use 1 single license on that many computers. Especially if you intend to use them at the same time. The ideal method is 1 license per computer.

ok thanks i used to when i purchased multiple movies it would save time had no issue before

By the RedFox Terms & Conditions, specifically their SOFTWARE LICENSE (it was the same with SlySoft):

The Software is protected by intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold.

This EULA grants you the following rights:
  • Systems Software - . You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single computer or if you licensed it for multiple computers on as many computers as you legally obtained a license for, including a workstation, terminal or other digital electronic device ('COMPUTER').
As long as you don't abuse a single license on multiple machines making backups all the time, one license on more than one computer is given "a wink and a nod."

Which is why I purchased two SlySoft AnyDVD licenses several years ago, and repurchased two RedFox licenses a few days ago.

I only have AnyDVD running all the time on one PC, the other is rarely used. I don't have to stop AnyDVD on one machine just to use it on the other.

By the RedFox Terms & Conditions, specifically their SOFTWARE LICENSE (it was the same with SlySoft):

As long as you don't abuse a single license on multiple machines making backups all the time, one license on more than one computer is given "a wink and a nod."

Which is why I purchased two SlySoft AnyDVD licenses several years ago, and repurchased two RedFox licenses a few days ago.

I only have AnyDVD running all the time on one PC, the other is rarely used. I don't have to stop AnyDVD on one machine just to use it on the other.
That's my plan as well so long as I can get my Visa to work properly before the 2 month plus bundle discount is still in effect.

I tried in the about 10 EST, went through without a hitch, no problem with the bank as well, showed up online at my bank same as if I bought gas, just waiting to be approved. I waited this long to get passed the inrush of new applicants, and our 3 day weekend, so banks were online, went without a hitch.

I think this is just for anyDvd-HD, the regular AnyDvd is orphaned... (last SlySoft release = 7695)
The RedFox AnyDVD HD, just as with the SlySoft AnyDVD HD, worked for both DVDs and Blurays. Slysoft AnyDVD classic worked only with DVDs. The installer/driver setup has been the same since HD was introduced. An HD license unlocked the HD features, a classic license didn't activate the HD features.

The RedFox team decided going forward it was a sound business decision to stop offering AnyDVD in two "flavors" since the installer was the same anyway.

The people running the RedFox Project are not the people who ran SlySoft, it is ex-SlySoft employees.

The RedFox AnyDVD HD, just as with the SlySoft AnyDVD HD, worked for both DVDs and Blurays. Slysoft AnyDVD classic worked only with DVDs. The installer/driver setup has been the same since HD was introduced. An HD license unlocked the HD features, a classic license didn't activate the HD features.

The RedFox team decided going forward it was a sound business decision to stop offering AnyDVD in two "flavors" since the installer was the same anyway.
Yes - all known - the point is that even a lifetime AnyDvd license does not work with the (new) HD version. I don't need or want an HD version. But a classic license won't work with the new versions even for just DVDs, so the "one-installer" was just for SlySoft products. Please correct me if this is not correct.

The one installer method is the same for RedFox as it was for SlySoft. RedFox, as I said, decided to stop selling two different licenses. For business reasons.

I don't need the HD features, but I purchased HD licenses from SlySoft anticipating I might move to buying Bluray discs. I haven't, I still buy DVDs.

I don't regret one bit paying more for the HD licenses when it was SlySoft.

Businesses change what they sell all the time.

The one installer method is the same for RedFox as it was for SlySoft. RedFox, as I said, decided to stop selling two different licenses. For business reasons.

Businesses change what they sell all the time.
Yes, but they don't generally drop paid lifetime licenses!
Did your SlySoft HD license still work with RedFox? If so, I wonder why they did not choose to allow non-HD licenses to work.
Anyway - it is what it is... There are lot's of other much cheaper DVD rippers. I would like to support their new company, but for a repay of what is about 3x other products, I probably won't re-purchase. After all, just like SlySoft, hard to know how long RedFox will last. This is of course already discussed in these forums...
Did they purchase the software rights and licenses from SlySoft?
I'd like them to at least give some discount for non-HD users with paid licenses to continue. Old topic - dead issue...

Yes, but they don't generally drop paid lifetime licenses!
Blame the US government and AACS-LA for forcing SlySoft out of business.

This has been ENDLESSLY and uselessly discussed before. The situation is what it is. Complaining about it AGAIN won't change it one bit.

This is entirely OFF-TOPIC for what the thread was started for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back