• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New RedFox AnyDVD Licenses, new AnyDVD version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the US government and AACS-LA for forcing SlySoft out of business.

This has been ENDLESSLY and uselessly discussed before. The situation is what it is. Complaining about it AGAIN won't change it one bit.
Lately on this site and on others, I see people that I've never heard of before complaining endlessly about RedFox and the new changes.

I don't seem to recall many of them saying anything when Fengtao was forced to make DVDFab not available for download for those who live in the US (like me.)

The RedFox people needed a source of income to buy things such as, I don't know, hardware, food, necessities and the like.

You can't do something like AnyDVD HD for free, as much as some of the out sourcing/freeware people would like it to be that way.

If someone doesn't want AnyDVD, then no one's forcing it down anyone's throat.

Right now, I have a license issue going on in a thread in the Purchases and License Keys part of the Forum. I have faith that this will be straightened out. And, I'm not blaming RedFox. I just want my problem looked at and solved.

Either purchase the software or don't. It's that simple.

Glad to see you got it all sorted out I did also I just needed to send a couple more dollars worth of Bitcoins to complete my purchase and got my keys instantly.

Glad to see you got it all sorted out I did also I just needed to send a couple more dollars worth of Bitcoins to complete my purchase and got my keys instantly.
Glad you're up to speed too. As you saw in the thread that I created--and got locked, once my situation was resolved, it turned out that a previous order of mine timed out because I didn't have enough bitcoin at the time.

The order I put in Monday (the 23rd of May) was correct, and I had enough bitcoin.

Oh, hot cool! A new version soon! One with fixes! ;)

Looks like it's available now :)

8.0.2.0 2016 05 26
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (Blu-ray): Better support for Java based protections
- Some minor fixes and improvements

blame the US Gov.? I don't think so, copyright laws have been in effect forever. Moving it off shore does not change the law, it's the former home of Slysoft that enforced a long standing law against a zero scrupulous owner. Blame the former owner of Slysoft for skirting the law, but not the USA. Slysoft put them selves out business, not any government.

blame the US Gov.? I don't think so, copyright laws have been in effect forever. Moving it off shore does not change the law, it's the former home of Slysoft that enforced a long standing law against a zero scrupulous owner. Blame the former owner of Slysoft for skirting the law, but not the USA. Slysoft put them selves out business, not any government.
No Blame the USA if you followed or google searched the demise of Slysoft you will see why.:sneaky:

The US does have the law Fair Use if one already forgets about laws. Slysoft now gone had nothing to do with piracy - that was here long before Slysoft hit the market. Slysoft made something all consumers wanted freedom to back their own Movies so the original would be safe from damages. But the AACS-LA didn't see it that way it was buy and buy again the same Movie regardless or not and or the highway. The US Government was the pawn in AACS-LA game book if they had anything between their legs they would've said what laws of Fair Use did they break but as we all know MONEY/GREED talks. US companies talk about getting Government out of their business but guess what whom uses Government for their own benefits?????

Last edited:
You won't find Fair Use codified in any law the term comes from English Common Law.

You won't find Fair Use codified in any law the term comes from English Common Law.
Remember most that backup their Movies are for their own purpose only those in the minority are trying to make and sell them. That is the part the Studio GREEDs don't what you to hear.

Lately on this site and on others, I see people that I've never heard of before complaining endlessly about RedFox and the new changes.

Just like many of the rest of us it's unfortunate and unpleasant to see the complaints, etc, but also take into account that the vast majority of happy software users who never run into problems never post anywhere about whichever software it is. It's when they do run into an issue that the floodgates open. The demise of SlySoft and birth of RedFox is one of those cases and I expect that many had zero idea anything had happened until the 8.0.2.0 update and then their old SlySoft license wasn't accepted hence them going on the warpath.

Que sera, sera.

Just like many of the rest of us it's unfortunate and unpleasant to see the complaints, etc, but also take into account that the vast majority of happy software users who never run into problems never post anywhere about whichever software it is. It's when they do run into an issue that the floodgates open. The demise of SlySoft and birth of RedFox is one of those cases and I expect that many had zero idea anything had happened until the 8.0.2.0 update and then their old SlySoft license wasn't accepted hence them going on the warpath.

Que sera, sera.

Yes, I must say that the "pop up" urging people to UPDATE from 7...... to 8..... without the pop up very clearly warning what the implications re existing licence will be, was/IS a big NO NO.

Im sorry to say its a bit slippery, repeat im sorry but it is.

There should be a further warning when you choose to install this update as well.

We who look at the Forum are up to date with whats happened/happening, but many, as said, are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I must say that the "pop up" urging people to UPDATE from 7...... to 8..... without the pop up very clearly warning what the implications re existing licence will be, was/IS a big NO NO.

Im sorry to say its a bit slippery, repeat im sorry but it is.

There should be a further warning when you choose to install this update as well.

We who look at the Forum are up to date with whats happened/happening, but many, as said, are not.
Sounds like one doesn't read the download page and *Warning* that is given and then expect the RedFox version should give them free upgrade. Not going to happen crying over split milk-we move on or leave that is your choice.

Sounds like one doesn't read the download page and *Warning* that is given and then expect the RedFox version should give them free upgrade. Not going to happen crying over split milk-we move on or leave that is your choice.

Whats all this sarcy "ONE" business.

ONE is entitled to his opinion, so am I.

Users, unaware of the recent history, are used to clicking on the pop up, going to the download page and updating. They don't read the text, SO, the warning needs to be very very obvious.

Its Slippery, simple as that otherwise.

As for "spilt milk", its not spilt milk at all, it could be put right, right now, with the use of very clear Warning(s).

I can understand why people are angry, this can be made right and I hope it is.

Whats all this sarcy "ONE" business.
ONE is entitled to his opinion, so am I.
Users, unaware of the recent history, are used to clicking on the pop up, going to the download page and updating. They don't read the text, SO, the warning needs to be very very obvious.
Its Slippery, simple as that otherwise.
As for "spilt milk", its not spilt milk at all, it could be put right, right now, with the use of very clear Warning(s).
I can understand why people are angry, this can be made right and I hope it is.
Again people not reading and then blaming others for their inability to read the order/download page and expect to be give a freebie. Failure to read isn't a pass.

Again people not reading and then blaming others for their inability to read the order/download page and expect to be give a freebie. Failure to read isn't a pass.

No one is blaming anyone, put this in its most basic.

If you are going to take something away from someone that they have paid for, YOU MUST be VERY sure that the person that you are going to do this to is AWARE (in NO doubt) what will happen to their bought licence.

In other words, it is NOT the responsibility of the user, its the responsibility of the Vender to make sure that this is the case.

The Vender is taking away a "paid for" item.

BIG BANNER

My last post on this.

No one is blaming anyone, put this in its most basic.
If you are going to take something away from someone that they have paid for, YOU MUST be VERY sure that the person that you are going to do this to is AWARE (in NO doubt) what will happen to their bought licence.
In other words, it is NOT the responsibility of the user, its the responsibility of the Vender to make sure that this is the case.
The Vender is taking away a "paid for" item.
BIG BANNER
My last post on this.
Read the Purchase/Order page and you will see what RedFox has to say about Anydvd HD license and if not then that is not my loss or RedFox loss. Failure to Read and Comprehend isn't RedFox fault but the person reading and not understanding what is being said about the license. I can see it cleary myself what it says and doesn't say anything that RedFox or the MODs already said about the license. You can hold your breath til your blue but that changes nothing what RedFox said about the license. And since when you did pay for RedFox-oh wait you never did. What a hypocritical comment to make "paid for" whom did you pay for? Slysoft...good luck with that because last I read RedFox just recently came online to get your Purchase/Order page ready. So not sure whom your talking about "paid for"?????

You have just lost ANY credibility.

No one is talking about terms and conditions, its about RIGHT and WRONG.

This not a Legal stance, its a moral one.

Its simply what a "good Company" should do.

As for "Paid For"

If you paid for a BMW, you had it a few years and then BMW went out of business, a new Company called ABC takes over.

BMW no longer exist, are you saying that ABC could come round and take away your "Paid for" car.

That would be OK with you.
Or I should say, if it were in the old BMW Company (that dosent exist) "terms and conditions" that would be OK with you LOL.

Imagine you took it in for a service (Update LOL) into ABC and they kept the car, it was up on the wall in the Garage "Terms and Conditions" so that's OK then isn't it.

As usual Recycle, as you do with all, you just want to argue and argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back