• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patches: 2021 (PDVD8) and 4407 (PDVD 7.3)

I just buyed PowerDVD8 (and update to 2018) and I tried to apply HD-DVD patch as you indicated but not works for me.

When I try to play an HD-DVD, PDVD switch in file mode and doesn't play: I followed your suggestions but nothing. :bang:

Perhaps the problem is on files versions: here is some infos

powerdvd8.exe 2,123,048 bytes 8.00.2018
HDDVD_X.IMP 872,448 bytes 8.0.1513.0
js32.dll 483,328 bytes
deskband32.dll 114,688 bytes 8.0.1323.0
CLHDSPDecoder.dll 75,048 bytes 1.1.0.1420
HDDVDadvnav.dll 3,424,256 bytes 1.1.0.1405
HDDVDNav.ax 417,792 bytes 1.1.0.1405
HDDVDnavi.dll 1,466,368 bytes 1.1.0.1405

Can you indicate if these are correct files?

TIA

You aren't alone. It broke my v7 and v8 installs, too. I had to do a totally clean uninstall and reinstall of both versions to fix things and haven't tried the HD-DVD patch since I did the reinstall.

Seem to be the correct file version. Did you edit the CLDSHowX.ini and delete the HDDVD.ax entry?

EDIT: My js32.dll is 477 KB (488.744 bytes)

and the following files are missing:

LibMng.dll
hddvd_logo.png

Last edited:
Seem to be the correct file version. Did you edit the CLDSHowX.ini and delete the HDDVD.ax entry?

Thanks and yes I tried with edited version and with not edited version: in first case PDVD switch in file mode and doesnt' play, in second crash. :(

I don't want to use two PDVD: can I do some other investigations?

Bye

and the following files are missing:

LibMng.dll
hddvd_logo.png

I've never used LibMng.dll. What is that?

No one's asking if they registered the HDDVDNav.ax file....why? :)

That logo file doesn't mean a damn thing. It just adds the HD DVD logo to the screen. What I want you to do is list what directory you put EACH file.

Ok,

I copied js32.dll and deskband32.dll in powerdvd directory (C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8), then overwrite in same dir HDDVD_X.IMP.

After I copied in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\navfilter following files:

CLHDSPDecoder.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll

I registered filter with regsvr32 C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\navfilter\hddvdnav.ax

and finally edited CLDShowX.ini file.

TIA

Whoever said those are the right versions of those files is going to get smacked upside the frreaking head. They are NOT the right versions. You didn't get them from build 4102 or 4407 of PowerDVD 7, did you? You just extracted the ones from the HD DVD hack rar file you found on google, right? Yea, well, as we've said previously, that no workie. You *MUST* get the files from 4102 or 4407.

No problem. Easiest way is to install PowerDVD 7 temporarily, get the files you need, and then uninstall it. The only file that doesn't come from the new PowerDVD 7 builds is the IMP file. All others should come from PowerDVD 7.

Ok, tomorrow (I live in Europe and here it's midnight, I am very tired) I will try, but my problem it's now where to get IMP file (If I remember this it's from 8 beta version).

I must to unistall version 8 to install version 7?

Thanks again

No no no. You have the right IMP file. That's fine. Just overwrite ALL the others that you listed with the version from PowerDVD 7. Don't forget to reregister the HDDVDNav.ax file. You do not have to uninstall 8 to make this work.

I have the working files based upon 4407 on my webspace. If someone needs them feel free to contact me.

dumb question

I have 7.3 ultra deluxe, what is the benefit of going to 8 and paying again? Does 8 add some new benefit?

In theory is supports better audio. And the PQ is somewhat improved. However, if I had to do it over again, I'd not buy the upgrade. If you're happy with 7, stick with that until you aren't. :)

In theory is supports better audio. And the PQ is somewhat improved.
No and no. ;)
With latest PowerDVD 7.3 there is no difference to 8, I believe the codecs are pretty much the same. And PowerDVD 7.3 is much less annoying (Movie Line? Online activation?)

So......why did I pay all that money to upgrade again? Oh, right, so I could have REDUCED functionality! SWEET! I think I'm going to uninstall 8 completely then and go back to 7. Yes, I'm quite serious. I don't see a reason to support 8 if there's no benefit at all anymore.

im with you Samuri this is just bull%$#@ all that money wasted for what just to have a newer more worthless and anoying powerdvd.i would write cyberlink a letter and complain but whats the point you know they dont give a damn they already got our money

Back