• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patches: 2021 (PDVD8) and 4407 (PDVD 7.3)

Possibly, but, I'm guessing we'll need to update the files with those from 4407. I'll take a look sometime today. I have them both downloading now.

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked a couple of days ago to see what was going on and nothing. Wonder what's new. How did you find the 7.3 patch, though?

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked a couple of days ago to see what was going on and nothing. Wonder what's new. How did you find the 7.3 patch, though?

already updating my vista 64 patch.

UPDATE:
Installed patch, installed my vista 64 patch (hd-dvd) and it all still works.

Last edited:
Nothing new in the patch really, just support for new titles and a slight bit of optimization for AMD systems. Still no 24bit/96khz audio though.

You better jump on that 5% offer right away! :D ROFLMAO! And yes, they're hiding them but not too difficult to find. Just annoying. I'm surprised they're still making them.

If orgot to mention, BD-Live now works for me, though I am still having issues with the SD special features on the Bank Job and the Hunt For Red October.

It seems like a worthwhile upgrade. It's running a tad smoother for me on my X2. So their claims of working better on AMD procs seem to be accurate. And yes, HD DVD does still work without any modifications except one. All I did was install the new update for PowerDVD 8 Ultra, then re-edit the clshowx.ini file to comment out the HD DVD nav line again and you're good to go. At least, some people are. :) I have not yet had time to update the HD DVD files to 4704 yet. I'll try that soon. Maybe there's an improvement there, too, who knows.

One thing that stands out with v8.0.2021 is that you can disable the annoying Rate This Movie after you hit stop now. I couldn't stand that in prior versions.

I hadn't noticed that. Sweet. It's about time they did some useful stuff.

BTW, the link for 4407 update for PDVD 7 Ultra is now on PDVD 8's Downloads page (it leads to dl_patch_625_1_ENU.html page, not 624, but the update file is the same). So, there is no conspiracy here, as I thought from the beginning. Just a mess-up. :)

I have not yet had time to update the HD DVD files to 4704 yet. I'll try that soon. Maybe there's an improvement there, too, who knows.

I upgraded my own "HD-DVD upgrade package" for PDVD8.2021 with the 4407 files. Works like a charm.

I just buyed PowerDVD8 (and update to 2018) and I tried to apply HD-DVD patch as you indicated but not works for me.

When I try to play an HD-DVD, PDVD switch in file mode and doesn't play: I followed your suggestions but nothing. :bang:

Perhaps the problem is on files versions: here is some infos

powerdvd8.exe 2,123,048 bytes 8.00.2018
HDDVD_X.IMP 872,448 bytes 8.0.1513.0
js32.dll 483,328 bytes
deskband32.dll 114,688 bytes 8.0.1323.0
CLHDSPDecoder.dll 75,048 bytes 1.1.0.1420
HDDVDadvnav.dll 3,424,256 bytes 1.1.0.1405
HDDVDNav.ax 417,792 bytes 1.1.0.1405
HDDVDnavi.dll 1,466,368 bytes 1.1.0.1405

Can you indicate if these are correct files?

TIA

Back