• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New licence - new feature?

vo2

Years ago i asked for feature in anydvd. It was never implemented.
Maybe the new team could do me that favour.

An autoeject option for the discs after ripping is complete in anydvdhd.

Thanks
Frank

That's still often being asked today and the answer is still the same now as it was back then. The ripper is only a secondary function and did everything it needs to do. Auto eject is as unlikely to get added now as it was back then.

This is easily implemented using a tool like AutoIt or AutoHotKey (tools that allow scripting commands to GUIs). I use an AutoIt script that will auto-eject a disc when it's done and text my phone. It will even send a text when AnyDVD crashes (which happens from time to time). I use it to monitor three drive simultaneously.

Dr.Xenos;

This sounds very interesting. Could you please post your script?
TIA!

I've posted it before, sans the update to text my phone. I can try to post it again this weekend, if it's OK with the mods.

OK, as promised, here is my AutoIt script to eject a disc when it is complete. Please keep in mind, I don't mind sharing, but I don't wish to provide support. Automating GUIs is a non-deterministic crap-shoot. It can work 1000 times in a row, and then inexplicably fail on the 1001st. This is because, as a human, you unconsciously compensate for a plethora of issues such as timing, focus-stealing, etc., that the software won't.

Since they are just homebrew scripts I whipped up for myself, everything is hard-coded for my wants and needs. You will have to modify them for yours (the following are some notes). You will obviously also need to install AutoIt (I am using version v3.3.12.0).

Files:
anydvd.au3: The main script. Run this. It automatically shuts down when AnyDVD does.
send_email.au3: Script to send an email. This isn't mine. This ingenious script was written by someone on the AutoIt forum. If I had a name, I would credit them.
email.au3: Small wrapper to send_email called by anydvd.au3, providing the necessary credentials to send_email.au3.

Notes:
  1. anydvd.au3, line #3: hard-coded path to email.au3. Set accordingly.
  2. anydvd.au3, line #7: hard-coded path to AnyDVD. Set accordingly.
  3. anydvd.au3, line #11: Array of device letters for optical drives. Set for your system.
  4. anydvd.au3, lines #103-115: By default, if AnyDVD is not already running, these lines will start AnyDVD and open a "rip to hard drive" window for each optical drive defined above. I don't keep AnyDVD running all the time and use this to open it when I want to rip discs. If you don't want this behavior, comment these lines out. Note, this is flaky. I found it hit-or-miss depend on what other icons are in the system tray, and if discs are already in the drives. It works 99% of the time for me. Your mileage may vary. (Note: the positions for the windows are at lines #33-34).
  5. email.au3, line #1: hard-coded path to send_email.au3. Set accordingly.
  6. email.au3, lines #3-6: These set the credentials necessary to send an email via your SMTP server. You may also have to set user name, password, and port. My provider does require them from inside their network. See the parameters of the function "_INetSmtpMailCom" in send_email.au3. If you have trouble with this, post on the AutoIt forum for help.
  7. The code sends an email when a disc completes, or when AnyDVD crashes or terminates (sometimes it just shuts down on me).
  8. The trick to texting your phone is all carriers have an email-to-text interface. The email address is the phone # and the particular server of the carrier. For example, for Verizon it is something like "5556661212@vtext.com". Logically, you can also just send a "normal" email if you wish. The correct server for a given carrier is easily found via Google.
  9. If you don't wish to send emails or texts, comment out lines 2, 123, 129, and 172. You can also dispose of send_email.au3 and email.au3.
Good Luck,
DrX

Attachments

• autoeject.zip
    4 KB · Views: 29
This is what I love about this community always helping each other out. I will never need this but thanks for sharing this for the people who would.
(y)

Back