New Blu Ray Player Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by Walking Dude, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Walking Dude

Walking Dude Member

My Blu Ray player just bit the dust. I went on Amazon and found the Samsung BD-J5700 model was reasonably priced and got some good reviews. Nowadays though, they aren't really specific whether or not the machine will play DVD+R DL disks. I looked up the manual online and it says it will play DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-Video.
    Under Disks it will not play it doesn't say anything about DVD+R DL disks. Do most newer Blu Ray players nowadays play DVD+R DL disks? If you ask on Amazon, most of those people are lucky they can even plug the machine in let alone know what DVD+R DL is.

I just want to make sure my RF back ups will play before I order it. Any advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Dvd+r is the format, it applies to SL and DL. You don't see it mention DVD-R DL, DVD+RW DL or Video-DVD DL (where most retail DVDs are DL) either do you?

It'll play them just fine (or rather it should). Even my old Panasonic bd85 played them without any problem. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. Walking Dude

Walking Dude Member

Thanks, that's what I figured. That would just really suck to order a player on Amazon and then find out it doesn't play my Redfox backups which is the sole purpose of having a blu ray player. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it via the post office.