• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Blu Ray Player Help

Walking Dude

My Blu Ray player just bit the dust. I went on Amazon and found the Samsung BD-J5700 model was reasonably priced and got some good reviews. Nowadays though, they aren't really specific whether or not the machine will play DVD+R DL disks. I looked up the manual online and it says it will play DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-Video.
Under Disks it will not play it doesn't say anything about DVD+R DL disks. Do most newer Blu Ray players nowadays play DVD+R DL disks? If you ask on Amazon, most of those people are lucky they can even plug the machine in let alone know what DVD+R DL is.

I just want to make sure my RF back ups will play before I order it. Any advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

My Blu Ray player just bit the dust. I went on Amazon and found the Samsung BD-J5700 model was reasonably priced and got some good reviews. Nowadays though, they aren't really specific whether or not the machine will play DVD+R DL disks. I looked up the manual online and it says it will play DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-Video.
Under Disks it will not play it doesn't say anything about DVD+R DL disks. Do most newer Blu Ray players nowadays play DVD+R DL disks? If you ask on Amazon, most of those people are lucky they can even plug the machine in let alone know what DVD+R DL is.

I just want to make sure my RF back ups will play before I order it. Any advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

Dvd+r is the format, it applies to SL and DL. You don't see it mention DVD-R DL, DVD+RW DL or Video-DVD DL (where most retail DVDs are DL) either do you?

It'll play them just fine (or rather it should). Even my old Panasonic bd85 played them without any problem. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I figured. That would just really suck to order a player on Amazon and then find out it doesn't play my Redfox backups which is the sole purpose of having a blu ray player. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it via the post office.

Back