• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Network error codes.

GreekLes

Been getting a few fails lately like:-
00:43:37.391 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #1125 has encountered a network error with code 5
but not just "code 5", had code 3 too, & also different request numbers.
Means absolutely nothing without some kind of insight as to what the codes mean - timeouts, link drop, etc.
Don't want to raise a problem with it, just need further info. to point in right area & find out who/what needs kicking!!
Any chance of more info.

Been getting a few fails lately like:-
00:43:37.391 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #1125 has encountered a network error with code 5
but not just "code 5", had code 3 too, & also different request numbers.
Means absolutely nothing without some kind of insight as to what the codes mean - timeouts, link drop, etc.
Don't want to raise a problem with it, just need further info. to point in right area & find out who/what needs kicking!!
Any chance of more info.
Debugs are typically for the devs who wrote the app. It's not necessarily supposed to mean much to anyone else. Create a log file and leave here is as goncal suggested so they can see it.

But also keep in mind AS is very sensitive to latency and especially packet loss. Folks tend to think it is immune to those things because streaming video is but these are 2 entirely different mechanisms.

On wifi, but pings & rtt's all seem good, packet loss almost non-existant.
That's why I was just after some insight rather than raising a problem, just a pointer in the right direction so that I can investigate (test) further with some idea of what I'm actually looking for.

On wifi, but pings & rtt's all seem good, packet loss almost non-existant.
That's why I was just after some insight rather than raising a problem, just a pointer in the right direction so that I can investigate (test) further with some idea of what I'm actually looking for.

ICMP is not at all an adequate test for network quality/stability, that's only for basic connectivity especially with it's default tiny packets.

If you are using WiFi I can tell you that this is almost certainly a network issue on your end. I am sure you know how sensitive Wifi can be between overhead and additional latency. This is made worse if you are using VPN.

Also keep in mind when you download you are not pulling items from a single platform. You are hitting a CDN. That CDN could be close to you or far away. You could hit one that is screaming fast or one that is a somewhat unhealthy at the time.

I would look to your PC and do the simple things first. NIC Drivers, updates and restart. You can also power cycle your whatever you use for WiFi and or an modem to your ISP just to take those items off the table. Just my suggestion to do the easy things first.

Code 3 is a wifi issue, that is why I asked, connection-weak or none

Code 3 is a wifi issue, that is why I asked, connection-weak or none
I won't pretend to know for sure but I seriously doubt AS is going to pull any metrics from your wireless NIC or Windows as it relates to your NIC. I could be wrong but I would imagine AS is going to only concern itself with I can open a socket or I cannot or maybe I can access the NIC or I cannot.

I only mention it as we are troubleshooting here. But I am wrong about what I just mentioned feel free to correct me, always happy to learn.

Netflix error code NW-3-6 indicates network connectivity issues, usually with your internet connection or DNS settings. This error can affect any device that supports Netflix, including mobile phones, computers and Smart TVs

Weak signal, I believe, means it can't maintain a stable connection.
No metrics required, connection is not usable, whether unstable or non-existent.
Connection issue

Weak signal, I believe, means it can't maintain a stable connection.
No metrics required, connection is not usable, whether unstable or non-existent.
Connection issue

That's a giant assumption as to the issue. Possible? yes, but assumption nonetheless.

A weak signal is not a disconnected NIC by default. OP probably does not have a loss of connection but is dropping packets. Could be poor signal or it could be something in the middle dropping packets that is having an issue, hence my suggestions.

This is my point. When you troubleshoot assumption is bad.

AS is clearly not the issue but OP is not claiming it is.

I won't ever know what the actual issue is without a log file. ;)

Agreed, but it is a connection issue.
Packets are being dropped to the point that the connection is not usable.
Problem is in his network.

No log, or actual info, wifi had to be questioned, has been provided yet.
No assumption answer would be disconnect from wifi and try with a hardwired network connection.

Agreed, but it is a connection issue.
Packets are being dropped to the point that the connection is not usable.
Problem is in his network.

Packet drops do not always equate to connection unless you define connection as any network issue that can possibly exist. OPs wifi connectivity could be solid and strong and if his AP itself or his modem is having issues that could drop packets or maybe even the CDN he is connected to is having problems. This would/could mean his lost packets have zero to do his wifi connectivity. This is my entire point.

A single line of debug is not going to tell you exactly what is at play here.

My suggestions are the easy things to do to try to cover all the typical things involved.

I consider the network to be from the adapter on the back of the computer to the server.
Any connection issues are a network issue.
No info provided so one has to assume a little or say nothing until proper info provided, like a log file.
Please see post number 16

We are discussing this but the OP has not posted a log file or anything since stating that he is on wifi.

@GreekLes Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Thank you all for your cooperation.:)

I consider the network to be from the adapter on the back of the computer to the server.
Any connection issues are a network issue.

I figured that's what you thought. That's all incorrect and or vague but that is irrelevant to the OP's issue.

He just needs to do the simple stuff and he will probably be fine.

Back