• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved [NetflixCA] AnyStream downloading Ocean Waves as 960x540

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlataOPlomo

I'm still under the AnyStream trial period and my previous downloads were all downloaded in Full HD but Ocean Waves is limited to 960x540.
I tried to play it through NetFlix and on their site, the video seems to play as 1920x1080.
So I think there's an issue on the side of AnyStream.
1705196046138.png
1705192052168.png

Last edited:
Yes, all universal and Sony movies will be in 540 P on Netflix

Look at the picture I posted, it's streaming as 1280x720 and all the other Ghibli movies I downloaded are in 1920x1080.
Plus, at the time, when I was still using FlixGrab, I was able to download it as 1920x1080.
So I'm pretty sure 540p isn't a true limitation for those Ghibli movies, wether their Universal, Sony or not.

Look at the picture I posted, it's streaming as 1280x720 and all the other Ghibli movies I downloaded are in 1920x1080.
Plus, at the time, when I was still using FlixGrab, I was able to download it as 1920x1080.
So I'm pretty sure 540p isn't a true limitation for those Ghibli movies, wether their Universal, Sony or not.
That’s because Flix grab is not a downloader it’s a screen recorder

It doesn't explains why I'm able to stream it as 720p if you say there's a limitation of 540p.
Neither why all other Ghibli titles are 1080p.

One is a screen recorder, and the other one downloads what is available. You will only get 540 P on Sony and Universal movies with Netflix.

Please use our search function and read the other 10 threads on this exact same subject

flixgrab records not downloads!!
also:

Netflix

Video: AVC up to 1080p
Audio: up to 768 kbps, 5.1

Due to expiring caches, only 540p will be available after some time, in which case the following process must be carried out:
- Log out of Netflix
- Exit AnyStream
- Start Anystream

Just logging off and on is NOT enough.
You will probably get an email from Netflix that a new device has logged in, this is expected behavior.

Unfortunately, not all videos can be restored to 1080p with this process, currently this applies to titles from Sony and Universal.
These are only available in 540p maximum.

You will only get 540 P on Sony and Universal movies with Netflix.
Except, on many websites, including Wikipedia, Netflix, and IMDB, there's nothing giving a clue any Ghibli (including that one) movies are owned by Sony or Universal.

I’m looking forward to seeing you here
I just wish it won't be after the end of the of the 20% discount period.
Let's put it this way, I'm a student and the job I found unfortunately doesn't gives me a lot of shift.

Then about the expiring cache issue, well, you could probably fix it by saving only the username/password of the user's account, logging out the account automatically everytime or every 2-3 days when AnyStream is closed, and logging in automatically when it is opened. I guess it would be doable, for example through JavaScript or a Web Driver.
So basically it would allow regenerating the cache everyday or every 2-3 days, so users won't have to do it manually through the above procedure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back