• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Netflix "Provider Setup Error"

Phillip WNY

This was mentioned by a few others, and it is now happening to me as well. Noticed first time loading Netflix tab it hung at "25% loaded" for about 10 seconds before it timed out with the "provider setup error" a few others noticed. No VPN, in USA. Logout tab greyed out and all you get in a blank screen. Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.8.0.astlog
    640 KB · Views: 0
This one I can't verify, I have tried many times, it works fine. But I will look into it. We are busy now as you know so it may take some time. Watch a few of your downloaded movies and relax.:giggle:

You mean you didnt even have it enabled in settings ?

I never noticed that bar until it was brought up here ... I can see it now, but only for a second or two, then the landing page comes up as usual...

Forget it. It would help if you kept the provider enabled all the time. Just the ones you use frequently. You should also stay signed in.

Forget it. It would help if you kept the provider enabled all the time. Just the ones you use frequently. You should also stay signed in.
I have always kept the same providers enabled. I also don't log out. In fact, I couldn't if I wanted to as the logout button is now greyed out.

I have always kept the same providers enabled. I also don't log out. In fact, I couldn't if I wanted to as the logout button is now greyed out.
I have no issues and while one other person is having an issue I do not think it's the same as yours. Try turning off all your other programs and give your computer or laptop a little more juice.

Hi, not issue with netflix apart from the classic SD problem and the loss of Dolby Atmos audio.

Attachments

• REBEL MOON 2.jpg
    REBEL MOON 2.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi, not issue with netflix apart from the classic SD problem and the loss of Dolby Atmos audio.
Yes, but we do get all the new releases but they will be in SD. This is something not easily fixed but we are making progress, as you know with this type of software it is a constant battle with the providers. We will be successful but it may take a little more time than with other providers that are all 1080p or 4K.

You mean you didnt even have it enabled in settings ?
I tried something new. I installed AS on my wifes PC that had never seen AS. I logged into Netflix and this time did get the page showing the Start Session 25% that Phillip got. It then locked with the same error across the screen?? This was a system that had never had AS on it before. I realize it appears to only be effecting a few, but sure would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer to get this corrected.

I also tried on my laptop that is Win 11 and last had AS on it with Ver 1.24 and same error. The complete uninstall, reboot, reinstall does not seem to help. Grasping at this point

I tried something new. I installed AS on my wifes PC that had never seen AS. I logged into Netflix and this time did get the page showing the Start Session 25% that Phillip got. It then locked with the same error across the screen?? This was a system that had never had AS on it before. I realize it appears to only be effecting a few, but sure would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer to get this corrected.

I also tried on my laptop that is Win 11 and last had AS on it with Ver 1.24 and same error. The complete uninstall, reboot, reinstall does not seem to help. Grasping at this point
If I could help I would, there is something in your computer, maybe your Anti-virus or popup blocker, that is blocking NF from initiating. Asd I have said before yes it affects a few people out of thousands who use our software. If it were me I would go into my task manager and turn off back ground services one by one until Netflix loads and then you will know where your issue is.

Last edited:
I am using the trial version and I have not tried uninstalling the program so I am not aware if temporary files, crash drm and cash are deleted during the uninstallation. I would check if after an uninstallation there are any files left in c:\user\Documents\Anystream that could cause problems

I am using the trial version and I have not tried uninstalling the program so I am not aware if temporary files, crash drm and cash are deleted during the uninstallation. I would check if after an uninstallation there are any files left in c:\user\Documents\Anystream that could cause problems
There are no AnyStream uninstallation issues. Yes, all cache is deleted when uninstalling rebooting, and reinstallation.

If I could help I would, there is something in your computer, maybe your Anti-virus or popup blocker, that is blocking NF from initiating. Asd I have said before yes it affects a few people out of thousands who use our software. If it were me I would go into my task manager and turn off back ground services one by one until Netflix loads and then you will know where your issue is.
Well, I tried turning off services and none seemed to have any effect. I then went to download from AP and got the chrome components error to upgrade Widevine?. Tried the update and said was up to date. Rebooted and still got that error. Once again went through the uninstall reboot reinstall on AS and tried again. It hit that screen showing the 25% but then after 2/3 seconds it kicked through and worked!!?? Have gone back in and still hesitates on that screen but does get through and can use. No idea what it was and have not looked at the other systems, but thank you.

Well, I tried turning off services and none seemed to have any effect. I then went to download from AP and got the chrome components error to upgrade Widevine?. Tried the update and said was up to date. Rebooted and still got that error. Once again went through the uninstall reboot reinstall on AS and tried again. It hit that screen showing the 25% but then after 2/3 seconds it kicked through and worked!!?? Have gone back in and still hesitates on that screen but does get through and can use. No idea what it was and have not looked at the other systems, but thank you.
It may hesitate for a few seconds, you are probably using a notebook or a weak network, just give it a few seconds and it will connect

I think I have solved this problem based on the clues given by Wmac. The issue seems to be a problem with Widevine in Chrome. The solution is to go into: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data and either delete the WidevineCdm folder (or rename it to WidevineCdm.old) and then launch Windows Task Manager and end all Chrome processes (or presumably a reboot might also work). When you relaunch Chrome, it will regenerate WidevineCdm and its components and reset them. Netflix now works fine with AnyStream once again.

Back