• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix is back to again 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he plays the part extremely well. Apart from this, I really only know him from the original Stargate film though.

If you can find "Boston Legal", he plays one of the lead characters (maybe THE lead character) and it is a great show (IMHO). It is on IMDBTV and Hulu but not sure about availability in your region.
Never could get into Blacklist, my wife watched it for a while.

I just tried an competitor, with netflix, and could D/L 3 movies, with their demo @ 1080p. So hopefully there will be a solution for Anystream aswell. I'm not putting Anystream down or anything, just on the contrary. And no it wasn't a screenrecord app. I'm just saying there is Hope ;)

I just tried an competitor, with netflix, and could D/L 3 movies, with their demo @ 1080p. So hopefully there will be a solution for Anystream aswell. I'm not putting Anystream down or anything, just on the contrary. And no it wasn't a screenrecord app. I'm just saying there is Hope ;)

I own both apps, for obvious reasons lately. I still prefer Anystream when it's working correctly, but go to the competition when I need 1080P right now, not waiting.

Both apps coexist nicely............

I own both apps, for obvious reasons lately. I still prefer Anystream when it's working correctly, but go to the competition when I need 1080P right now, not waiting.

Both apps coexist nicely............
That is amazing ;)

Yes you got 1080p, but it was downloaded and re-encoded, we won't be doing that.

Yes you got 1080p, but it was downloaded and re-encoded, we won't be doing that.
Honestly I'm not so sure about that. Just downloaded a 2h NF movie with 1080p and two soundtracks and it took only a fraction of the playtime in turbo mode. Probably less than 15min for the whole download and processing/muxing.
During the download, the CPU load was 6% for the GUI and 5% for a spawned process called Qcef.exe which I think handles the actual streaming access. It's also part of the Player since they added streaming to it.
After the 2nd audio track was (quickly) downloaded separately there was some short processing/muxing where the CPU load reached 12%. No GPU or CPU fans spinning up during the whole process.
To me it actually it looks like the competitor doesn't recode, supports 1080p and multiple audio streams. At least for NF. I guess it could feature recoding as fallback option but I'm not convinced it does currently recode for NF at 1080p.
BTW: I own both and actually just upgraded AnyStream to Plus because of the DL queue, so I'm not biased.

Reactions: SAF
Honestly I'm not so sure about that. Just downloaded a 2h NF movie with 1080p and two soundtracks and it took only a fraction of the playtime in turbo mode. Probably less than 15min for the whole download and processing/muxing.
During the download, the CPU load was 6% for the GUI and 5% for a spawned process called Qcef.exe which I think handles the actual streaming access. It's also part of the Player since they added streaming to it.
After the 2nd audio track was (quickly) downloaded separately there was some short processing/muxing where the CPU load reached 12%. No GPU or CPU fans spinning up during the whole process.
To me it actually it looks like the competitor doesn't recode, supports 1080p and multiple audio streams. At least for NF. I guess it could feature recoding as fallback option but I'm not convinced it does currently recode for NF at 1080p.
BTW: I own both and actually just upgraded AnyStream to Plus because of the DL queue, so I'm not biased.
A re=encode only take 5 minutes using a crap program using the nvenc .dll

You might be right, but I'm still not totally convinced. I tried another movie (Justice League) which was said to be 9GB when the "download" started. During the process there was a temp file created in a subfolder of outputTemp. This file grew to a bit more than 9GB. While the tool downloaded the additional audio tracks, I copied the temp file to another location. This temp file seems to be an MP4 file and is partly playable (at some point, the decoding breaks down). After muxing the audio tracks, the resulting MP4 was nearly 11GB. So it surely wasn't recoded in the sense that it was shrunk. Actually, it looks like the size of the resulting file matches the 9GB "downloaded" file plus the audio tracks. Admittedly, there is a chance that it was encoded during "downloading". However, it can't be denied that the "download" happens much faster than normal playback. Justice League is a 4h movie and the "download" took less than half an hour. So if this is a frame capturing/recoding approach, it is a quite refined one which looks and feels more like downloading.
Also, downloading multiple audio and subtitle tracks and muxing directly to MKV (as alternative to MP4) are features that are still missing in AS(+).

Reactions: SAF
in the past, "a month os so ago, maybe 2" If you demux files from the 2 programs and compare the files they will be the same. historicly thou the competitor has fallen back to screen recording on ocation but i think they anounce that when they do.

Okay let’s end this conversation, it was my fault, I apologize but this conversation is now over

and our Netflix will be back to 1080p very soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back